Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" ITS SPECIAL " MALKY .

Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:17 pm

Next week is the Cardiff City Children's Xmas day with all the players and Santa at our Club.

When Malky was asked if the players could attend, Malky said this is a SPECIAL OCCASION and ALL MY PLAYERS WILL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO ATTEND,IN FACT EVERYONE OF THEM WILL BE THERE IT WAS HONOUR TO BE INVITED BY OUR FANS. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I have been attending with my children for the last 7 years and each year less and less players were turning up, in fact it went as low as 6 players out of the whole of our squad. Each year the kids were getting let down more and more and yes this is a dig at Jones as it showed me he never gave a f**k about our fans.
Jones never attended once, yet there is even a chance Malky will be there.

Same goes with the player of the year do at the end of the season, I had been attending these every year since 1978 and no matter how good or bad the season had been we always had a player of the year do and manager/players and chairman attended. Yet in Dave Jones 6 years, he was the first ever manager to cancel not just one player of the year do but two.
Even Alan Durban allowed ours to go ahead.

WELL DONE MALKY, THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN OUR CLUB/MANAGER/PLAYERS and FANS IS BECOMING SPECIAL ONCE AGAIN THANKS TO YOU. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " ITS SPECIAL " MALKY .

Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:31 pm

Agreed.

It's important that they keep a connection with us - without us, the club wouldn't exist!

Shame some people lost the plot in the past. Mind you, other clubs have been guilty of it, too.

Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:34 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:Agreed.

It's important that they keep a connection with us - without us, the club wouldn't exist!

Shame some people lost the plot in the past. Mind you, other clubs have been guilty of it, too.

True other clubs have been guilty too.

But its great that the relationship between our club and fans is there again. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:43 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Next week is the Cardiff City Children's Xmas day with all the players and Santa at our Club.

When Malky was asked if the players could attend, Malky said this is a SPECIAL OCCASION and ALL MY PLAYERS WILL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO ATTEND,IN FACT EVERYONE OF THEM WILL BE THERE. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I have been attending with my children for the last 7 years and each year less and less players were turning up, in fact it went as low as 6 players out of the whole of our squad. Each year the kids were getting let down more and more and yes this is a dig at Jones as it showed me he never gave a f**k about our fans.
Jones never attended once, yet there is even a chance Malky will be there.

Same goes with the player of the year do at the end of the season, I had been attending these every year since 1978 and no matter how good or bad the season had been we always had a player of the year do and manager/players and chairman attended. Yet in Dave Jones 6 years, he was the first ever manager to cancel not just one player of the year do but two.
Even Alan Durban allowed ours to go ahead.

WELL DONE MALKY, THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN OUR CLUB/MANAGER/PLAYERS and FANS IS BECOMING SPECIAL ONCE AGAIN THANKS TO YOU. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Spot On Annis :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:48 pm

What date and time is it Annis.. would be nice to take the little one there :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:51 pm

I really don't understand why we as fans are still talking about Dave Jones when its been about 5, 6 months since he left the club. Some people didn't like him but personally I think he did a great job for us. It was time for a change and new ideas and Malky has been superb ever since he walked through the door. Were nearly half way through the season and were still talking about the previous manager and previous players. They've gone now, people have got what they wanted so let's stop talking about the past and concentrate on the present and future of the club!! IN MALKY WE TRUST!! <o>\o/<o>

Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:03 pm

jamiebluebird wrote:I really don't understand why we as fans are still talking about Dave Jones when its been about 5, 6 months since he left the club. Some people didn't like him but personally I think he did a great job for us. It was time for a change and new ideas and Malky has been superb ever since he walked through the door. Were nearly half way through the season and were still talking about the previous manager and previous players. They've gone now, people have got what they wanted so let's stop talking about the past and concentrate on the present and future of the club!! IN MALKY WE TRUST!! <o>\o/<o>

First there is nothing wrong in talking about the past, remember 1927 ?
Because the man was more ignorant and arrogant to our fans than people realised and because it shows what a different world we are in now with our club, like you say only 5 months later. :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:04 pm

cmorris1927 wrote:What date and time is it Annis.. would be nice to take the little one there :ayatollah:

Next Sunday, but You have to book with our supporters club and be a member first. :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:08 pm

But we don't have to keep talking about Dave Jones. People wanted him gone including yourself and the board has got rid of him. We don't have to keep talking about it now. Whenever we praise something Malky does we have to mention Dave Jones when it is irrelevant!! Malky Mackay is our manager now so let's just focus on this season and let's stop talking about previous year!!!

Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:11 pm

jamiebluebird wrote:But we don't have to keep talking about Dave Jones. People wanted him gone including yourself and the board has got rid of him. We don't have to keep talking about it now. Whenever we praise something Malky does we have to mention Dave Jones when it is irrelevant!! Malky Mackay is our manager now so let's just focus on this season and let's stop talking about previous year!!!

Def including myself, I wanted him gone 5 years ago and even a year ago, I got flak off people about it, I will talk about who I want.You just spoilt a good topic, about what a difference this season is than last with our Xmas do.

Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:14 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

But its great that the relationship between our club and fans is there again. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

It is, mate. I feel so different this season compared to last and the Forum bus to Reading was the icing on the cake.

If we aren't ultimately successful this season, it will be a great shame, although lots of us will be looking forward to next season no matter what.

:ayatollah:

Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:16 pm

Annis, I enjoy most of the things you and Carl put up on here, but I just feel that Dave Jones is the past now. In the end he lost it and I agree that we needed change. We never talked about Lennie Lawrence like we have Dave Jones. I just feel that he has gone now so we don't need to talk about him that's all.

Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:16 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

It is, mate. I feel so different this season compared to last and the Forum bus to Reading was the icing on the cake.

If we aren't ultimately successful this season, it will be a great shame, although lots of us will be looking forward to next season no matter what.

Great trip, If we dont go up this season, we will achieved more than we thought we would off and we will have enjoyed our football at the same time. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:17 pm

jamiebluebird wrote:Annis, I enjoy most of the things you and Carl put up on here, but I just feel that Dave Jones is the past now. In the end he lost it and I agree that we needed change. We never talked about Lennie Lawrence like we have Dave Jones. I just feel that he has gone now so we don't need to talk about him that's all.

Cheers Jamie,
but Lennie Lawrence was a true gent, controlled to much by Sam though.

Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:22 pm

No problem. Yeah Lennie was a gent. Jones didn't help himself mind with his arrogance, that's something I'll agree with you on. Very ignorant

Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:28 pm

jamiebluebird wrote:No problem. Yeah Lennie was a gent. Jones didn't help himself mind with his arrogance, that's something I'll agree with you on. Very ignorant

Jamie
Sadly that was one of Dave Jones down falls.

Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:41 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Great trip, If we dont go up this season, we will achieved more than we thought we would off and we will have enjoyed our football at the same time. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Oh yes!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:42 pm

Spot on Annis! Building a great football club is all about the little details like this! Jones seemed to want it to be him and his team against the world, Malky obviously believes it's more beneficial to be him, the team, and an army of City fans against the world! We are already seeing the benefits of this and if we can keep hold of Malky for a few years he could really build a dynasty here!

Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:46 pm

Jimbo27 wrote:Spot on Annis! Building a great football club is all about the little details like this! Jones seemed to want it to be him and his team against the world, Malky obviously believes it's more beneficial to be him, the team, and an army of City fans against the world! We are already seeing the benefits of this and if we can keep hold of Malky for a few years he could really build a dynasty here!

Jimbo,

This is why Phil Dwyer and Jason Perry will never be forgotten and always loved by City fans.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=65470 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:00 pm

Jimbo27 wrote:Spot on Annis! Building a great football club is all about the little details like this! Jones seemed to want it to be him and his team against the world, Malky obviously believes it's more beneficial to be him, the team, and an army of City fans against the world! We are already seeing the benefits of this and if we can keep hold of Malky for a few years he could really build a dynasty here!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:41 pm

jamie blue you say why do we keep talking about dj and then you go and post 4 times about him why keep it going :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:50 pm

Great to hear, I just wish I could adopt a kid for the day, would love to go :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:14 pm

milly44 wrote:Great to hear, I just wish I could adopt a kid for the day, would love to go :ayatollah:

:lol:
I have 3 do you want one Nathan. :lol:

Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:37 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
milly44 wrote:Great to hear, I just wish I could adopt a kid for the day, would love to go :ayatollah:

No thanks, theyd spend there day trying to sell me books :lol:

Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:38 pm

milly44 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

No thanks, theyd spend there day trying to sell me books :lol:

:cry:

:lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:17 pm

annis,that is superb.looks like you have a manager who hasn,t forgot what it,s like to be a fan.fair play to him.

Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:23 pm

from an outsiders view its hard not to like mm or respect him.his values in my view are the same as hughtons at my club.pure football man with respect for the fans who work hard and pay to watch his team.chris h is like malky ...he will openly praise the support thats been given.bet the kids will be buzzing now their heroes are going to be there.lovely touch

Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:23 pm

jtc wrote:annis,that is superb.looks like you have a manager who hasn,t forgot what it,s like to be a fan.fair play to him.

We certainly have and We feel very proud to have him. :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:35 pm

i thought he did well at watford in difficult times there.you should be proud of him.he,s changed the whole etho,s at your club.i can see that and im no where near your club.it ain,t just the results.it,s a bonding thing and to me he,s saying to you lot.back me and i,ll make you proud of your club again and give it back to you.you,ve dropped on big time

Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:37 pm

The new song for Malky ....."You are our Special one you are our special one" Will get that going at Watford :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: