Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Atmosphere Solution - Unallocated seating!

Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:46 am

I think that most people are in agreement that the atmosphere leaves a lot to be desired at our new home.
Standing does help, but it really depends on the people around you too.

Surely, having a certain amount of blocks with unallocated seating, would mean friends can sit together, with other like minded people (Singers) Generally the seating on the old Bob Bank was unallocated. I would like this to be given some serious thought.

Secondly, when my friends who are not season ticket holders come to games, it would mean we could sit together, rather than sit on their own, this would help drive up attendances too!

Re: Atmosphere Solution - Unallocated seating!

Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:54 am

np12boy wrote:I think that most people are in agreement that the atmosphere leaves a lot to be desired at our new home.

Surely, having a certain amount of blocks with unallocated seating, would mean friends can sit together, with other like minded people (Singers) Generally the seating on the old Bob Bank was unallocated. I would like this to be given some serious thought.

Secondly, when my friends who are not season ticket holders come to games, it would mean we could sit together, rather than sit on their own, this would help drive up attendances too!

a good idea but that would cause mayhem and would leave loads of spare seats

Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:01 pm

Caerblue, possibly, why not make Canton unallocated? That could work. Just looking for a solution, and atmosphere to spur the team on. The extra man syndrom :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:22 pm

np12boy wrote:Caerblue, possibly, why not make Canton unallocated? That could work. Just looking for a solution, and atmosphere to spur the team on. The extra man syndrom :ayatollah:

like i said mate its quite a good idea and could possibly work if the end wasnt full, but can you imagine the issues it would cause if the stand was a complete sell out?????, for me instead of mking it unallocated seating they should rip all the seats out and make the canton a standing area :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:02 pm

np12boy wrote:I think that most people are in agreement that the atmosphere leaves a lot to be desired at our new home.

I think it would be a great idea, but then again I'm an exile and not a season ticket holder, I'd imagine a lot of them would be pissed.

Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:40 pm

np12boy wrote:Caerblue, possibly, why not make Canton unallocated? That could work. Just looking for a solution, and atmosphere to spur the team on. The extra man syndrom :ayatollah:

I suppose it could work in the Canton. :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:39 pm

Take whatever they changed for the Blackburn home game and repeat it?

Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:17 pm

taffyapple wrote:

Take whatever they changed for the Blackburn e and repeat it?

They were just more relaxed, that was about it. Love that to continue but I doubt it if they're sending warnings through the post :twisted:

Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:25 pm

This would work so well, but I don't think the club would ever do it.

Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:04 pm

No way in hell! The Blackburn game was f*cking torture. Kids (and that's coming from me) all singing on top of their high-pitched voices taking other peoples normal seats.

The atmosphere in the Canton is always good. We just need you Ninian Stand-ers too get up and sing for your team, no excuses about blocking cards, can't ban you all.

Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:08 pm

Billy Hunt. wrote:No way in hell! The Blackburn game was f*cking torture. Kids (and that's coming from me) all singing on top of their high-pitched voices taking other peoples normal seats.

The atmosphere in the Canton is always good. We just need you Ninian Stand-ers too get up and sing for your team, no excuses about blocking cards, can't ban you all.

:lol: Canton Stand all the way!

I agree, I think unallocated seating is fundamentally a good idea but leave the Canton Stand as it is. Atmosphere has been great in there this season. Why? Because we are all familiar with our nextdoor neighbours now and everyone enjoys more laughs because they know the people sat next to them. :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:13 pm

dont ge me wrong the canton stand can be electric but at times its as dead as the rest of the stadium,the brum game early on especially.
the main reason is people for whatver reason will not get involved in chanting,i sit in row Y block 105 and fair play a few guys up top try to get things started and it livens up when city are on top
maybe fans have realised it will never be ninian park and have given up im not sure