Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

This story sums up our Country

Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:25 pm

http://www.parentdish.co.uk/2011/12/06/ ... y/#photo-1

This womans daughter goes to my kids school. It is frigging disgusting that someone earns 13k a year from our benefits system. In 2013 my wife loses our family allowance because i earn over 39k a year. The whole point of benefits is to support those looking for work in feeding and clothing themselves not to allow a sponger to spend 250 quid on a f*cking toy. :evil:

Re: This story sums up our Country

Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:32 pm

This story doesn't sum up our country at all.

Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:33 pm

Karl wrote:This story doesn't sum up our country at all.

It sums up all that is wrong with our country.

Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:35 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

No. Not that either.

Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:39 pm

Karl wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

No. Not that either.

So is it right that someone on benefits is able to afford to waste £250. I earn 4 times what this woman does but i work 50 hours per week minimum and provide for my wife and kids yet i cant afford to watch CCFC every week yet alone waste £250 on a bloody doll.

Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:54 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
Karl wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

No. Not that either.

So is it right that someone on benefits is able to afford to waste £250. I earn 4 times what this woman does but i work 50 hours per week minimum and provide for my wife and kids yet i cant afford to watch CCFC every week yet alone waste £250 on a bloody doll.

The sad thing about this story is there are lots of People / Families who don't want to work and will not work and it is up to those that do to make sure they have enough money to live. But i feel this Country does it all wrong in my opinion. There money should consist in vouchers not cash. Vouchers for there rent, Clothes, Food, and Electricity,Gas, Water ETC. And then there is no more for TVs Computers, Holidays, Play stations x boxes ETC and games. Just enough so they have somewhere to live, keep them clothed and warm. And for those on Job seekers allowance they should be made to work to pick up there checks, Litter picking, care in the community jobs ETC. That will root out the Lazy fuckers that are just to lazy to get off there arses.

Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:57 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
Karl wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

No. Not that either.

The sad thing about this story is there are lots of People / Families who don't want to work and will not work and it is up to those that do to make sure they have enough money to live. But i feel this Country does it all wrong in my opinion. There money should consist in vouchers not cash. Vouchers for there rent, Clothes, Food, and Electricity,Gas, Water ETC. And then there is no more for TVs Computers, Holidays, Play stations x boxes ETC and games. Just enough so they have somewhere to live, keep them clothed and warm. And for those on Job seekers allowance they should be made to work to pick up there checks, Litter picking, care in the community jobs ETC. That will root out the Lazy fuckers that are just to lazy to get off there arses.

Nukes for PM-you have my vote sir.

Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:12 pm

if your just over the 39k ,get your employer to pay you just under and make up the difference in expenses.
Naughty but legal.
dont tell george osbourne

Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:35 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:The sad thing about this story is there are lots of People / Families who don't want to work and will not work and it is up to those that do to make sure they have enough money to live. But i feel this Country does it all wrong in my opinion. There money should consist in vouchers not cash. Vouchers for there rent, Clothes, Food, and Electricity,Gas, Water ETC. And then there is no more for TVs Computers, Holidays, Play stations x boxes ETC and games. Just enough so they have somewhere to live, keep them clothed and warm. And for those on Job seekers allowance they should be made to work to pick up there checks, Litter picking, care in the community jobs ETC. That will root out the Lazy fuckers that are just to lazy to get off there arses.

Just wondering Nukes, if you were made unemployed tomorrow how would you feel about receiving food vouchers instead of money after all the tax and NI contributions that you have made? A lot of people are losing their jobs at the moment and it is wrong to stigmatise those who are out of work and expect them to endure humiliation when they have done nothing wrong and are just victims of circumstance.

We don't know the full story of this woman (she could have bought the doll from redundancy pay for all we know) and I'm certainly not saying that this woman shouldn't be looking for a job, indeed I agree wholly with you that she should. But £13,000 P/A is not a fortune and almost certainly includes housing/council tax benefit which means her actual disposable income is around £160 p/w to pay for Food/Clothing/Gas/Electric/Water. If she has a widescreen TV, an Xbox or computer then they are either second-hand or she is paying for them through high interest credit such as a catalogue or buyasyouview/brighthouse. Believe me that is not a privilege and it places a hell of a burden on those who have f**k all in the first place.

If there is something wrong with this story which shows that some people in this country have got their priorities wrong then it is the fact that a single woman is wasting £250 on a toy when that money could be spent better looking after herself and her daughter but it’s not the fact she has the money in the first place.

Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:49 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
Karl wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

No. Not that either.

So are you saying that people like me after being in employment for 34 years, and then made redundant should be paid in vouchers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:52 pm

splottbluebird48 wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
Karl wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

No. Not that either.

People like yourself who have contributed are fully entitled to a decent amount of benefit. It is those who have never put in that should be given vouchers and made to do community type work.
So are you saying that people like me after being in employment for 34 years, and then made redundant should be paid in vouchers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:54 pm

And also when working I looked after my ailing wife and 2 daughters and as I am now unemployed I should recieve vouchers, what a disgrace

Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:56 pm

It's no wonder the husband legged it from her :lol:

The poor girl is mad ffs!

Give her a break lads :lol:

Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:58 pm

Johnny Rythmn wrote:It's no wonder the husband legged it from her :lol:

The poor girl is mad ffs!

Give her a break lads :lol:

TBH with you I thought the same :lol:

Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:39 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:The sad thing about this story is there are lots of People / Families who don't want to work and will not work and it is up to those that do to make sure they have enough money to live. But i feel this Country does it all wrong in my opinion. There money should consist in vouchers not cash. Vouchers for there rent, Clothes, Food, and Electricity,Gas, Water ETC. And then there is no more for TVs Computers, Holidays, Play stations x boxes ETC and games. Just enough so they have somewhere to live, keep them clothed and warm. And for those on Job seekers allowance they should be made to work to pick up there checks, Litter picking, care in the community jobs ETC. That will root out the Lazy fuckers that are just to lazy to get off there arses.

Just wondering Nukes, if you were made unemployed tomorrow how would you feel about receiving food vouchers instead of money after all the tax and NI contributions that you have made? A lot of people are losing their jobs at the moment and it is wrong to stigmatise those who are out of work and expect them to endure humiliation when they have done nothing wrong and are just victims of circumstance.

We don't know the full story of this woman (she could have bought the doll from redundancy pay for all we know) and I'm certainly not saying that this woman shouldn't be looking for a job, indeed I agree wholly with you that she should. But £13,000 P/A is not a fortune and almost certainly includes housing/council tax benefit which means her actual disposable income is around £160 p/w to pay for Food/Clothing/Gas/Electric/Water. If she has a widescreen TV, an Xbox or computer then they are either second-hand or she is paying for them through high interest credit such as a catalogue or buyasyouview/brighthouse. Believe me that is not a privilege and it places a hell of a burden on those who have f**k all in the first place.

If there is something wrong with this story which shows that some people in this country have got their priorities wrong then it is the fact that a single woman is wasting £250 on a toy when that money could be spent better looking after herself and her daughter but it’s not the fact she has the money in the first place.

I have worked through my whole life Chief and if i got made redundant i am confident i would find work again. I personally know some one who wont work and has got himself into the shit at Brighthouse after constantly buying things he does not need. But we pay for him to live like that.
Unfortunately the system isn't there to help the true needy or People with true disabilities dont get a thing or find i very hard to get benefits and that's a fact. The new government drive is it to make it harder for people with genuine illnesses to get the benefits they require whilst giving out the benefits to scroungers like smarties.

Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:19 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:

I have worked through my whole life Chief and if i got made redundant i am confident i would find work again. I personally know some one who wont work and has got himself into the shit at Brighthouse after constantly buying things he does not need. But we pay for him to live like that.
Unfortunately the system isn't there to help the true needy or People with true disabilities dont get a thing or find i very hard to get benefits and that's a fact. The new government drive is it to make it harder for people with genuine illnesses to get the benefits they require whilst giving out the benefits to scroungers like smarties.

I wouldn't wish redundancy on anyone Nukes but at this present time things are really dire so you might find it harder than you think to find a new job nerver mind one with the same salary and status that you have now.

The Coaltion Government is clamping down on the work shy and I have no problem with that providing they are target the correct people.

I have heard some right horror stories one which included the DWP finding a 63 year old man fit for work, only for him to die 8 weeks later due to bowl cancer. He appealled against the decision before his death and only days after he died his widow received a letter from the DWP stating that they 'stood by their decision' and he was 'fit for work'

Yes the Government need to clamp down on those who have adopted a benefits lifestyle but they shouldn't throw the baby out with the bath water.

Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:42 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:

I wouldn't wish redundancy on anyone Nukes but at this present time things are really dire so you might find it harder than you think to find a new job nerver mind one with the same salary and status that you have now.

The Coaltion Government is clamping down on the work shy and I have no problem with that providing they are target the correct people.

I have heard some right horror stories one which included the DWP finding a 63 year old man fit for work, only for him to die 8 weeks later due to bowl cancer. He appealled against the decision before his death and only days after he died his widow received a letter from the DWP stating that they 'stood by their decision' and he was 'fit for work'

Yes the Government need to clamp down on those who have adopted a benefits lifestyle but they shouldn't throw the baby out with the bath water.

Yes like above there are some real horror stories and some are disgusting, but the real scroungers have nothing to worry about and they dont.
Yes i know mate if i lost my job i would defo not get another on any near the wages i am on now , but i would still work :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:17 pm

You sound like a communist.

You haven't got a clue, son.

Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:01 am

splottbluebird48 wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
Karl wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

No. Not that either.

Mate, the 'line' has to be drawn somewhere and if it is the ONLY way of ensuring that the people who cliam benefits are using them for the right reasons then it must surely be across the board for ALL claimants?? :?:

I'm NOT saying I agree with the sentiment per say but I do see where he is coming from. I know FIT and ABLE people aged 40+ who have NEVER worked and that is plainly wrong!! :roll:

Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:12 am

Nuclearblue wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
Karl wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

No. Not that either.

I know what your getting at, but your wrong mate.

Agreed there are lazy sponging bastards out there, but by the same token there
are proud grafters who just cannot find a job.

I was unfortunate enough to have to sign on for a while, it was f*cking horrible
going into that place. But if they'd turned round to me and said "go clean up the
Graveyard or you get no dole!".... They would, in effect have been giving me a job!!
Which was what i was after in the first place. So they can pay me a f*cking proper
wage for doing it! Thankfully im fully employed now anyway, but dont class all people
without a job as scroungers mate. I never was, but i had to keep a roof over my head!

Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:58 am

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:http://www.parentdish.co.uk/2011/12/06/mum-spends-hundreds-on-real-life-doll-and-treats-him-like-a-real-baby/#photo-1

This womans daughter goes to my kids school. It is frigging disgusting that someone earns 13k a year from our benefits system. In 2013 my wife loses our family allowance because i earn over 39k a year. The whole point of benefits is to support those looking for work in feeding and clothing themselves not to allow a sponger to spend 250 quid on a f*cking toy. :evil:

NO... THIS story sums up our country:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... woman.html

Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:18 am

The benefits system is widely abused but the government as per every government targets the vulnerable as it’s easier not the hard core who know how to work it and rip it off.

Look at the gypsy gangs with mansions abroad paid for by benefits

Then their are those exactly like the TV program Shameless on all sorts of benefits because they know how to fill out forms and know what to say to get the right boxes ticked because that’s all they do and not look at the person.

But when some on benefits spends 250 quid on a toy it does bite when those working on low wages like myself could not afford to

Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:07 am

taffyapple wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:http://www.parentdish.co.uk/2011/12/06/mum-spends-hundreds-on-real-life-doll-and-treats-him-like-a-real-baby/#photo-1

NO... THIS story sums up our country:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... woman.html

Taffy unfortunately you are bang on. If the shoe was on the other foot the media would have turned this into a "rise of the far right" piece and the left wing judges would have been chomping at the bit to get the attackers put into a mental institute because they must obviously be insane to not buy in to the multiculti experiment. Thanks to Labour for railroading our once proud country into the biggest and quickest social engineering experiment in history. Good times................

Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:20 am

bluewho wrote:The benefits system is widely abused but the government as per every government targets the vulnerable as it’s easier not the hard core who know how to work it and rip it off.

Then their are those exactly like the TV program Shameless on all sorts of benefits because they know how to fill out forms and know what to say to get the right boxes ticked because that’s all they do and not look at the person.

But when some on benefits spends 250 quid on a toy it does bite when those working on low wages like myself could not afford to

Good post that.

However, the uncomfortable truth is there are people in our society who are unemployable. There can be a multitude of reasons for that from illness/disability, substance abuse, mental health issues, low intelligence to the Shameless generation.

Frankly the economy wouldn't benefit in any way from putting these people to work as they simply couldn't produce a worthwhile end product.

Whilst oppotunities should always exist to enter the workplace the Government would save themselves a lot of time effort and expense if they identified these people and accepted their situations.

Once identified the workshy should be paid benefits at the absolute minimum (including a minimum amount for housing costs) and strict checks should be carried out to ensure they are not defrauding the benefit system by earning extra cash by other means.

The sick and disabled should have checks but should-not be harrassed as they are at present and the Government should drop its constant threats to take away their payments as that is heartless and cruel.

It might take a generation but eventually those who do-not want to work will die off and be replaced hopefully by those who want more from life and are willing to work for it.

Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:23 am

Yes,interesting ruling that.So on that basis can any one use the I'm pissed and not used to it in mitigation.On the face of it thats a very strange ruling and one that may come back and bite the judicial system in the arse.

Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:32 am

bluewho wrote:The benefits system is widely abused but the government as per every government targets the vulnerable as it’s easier not the hard core who know how to work it and rip it off.

Good post that.

However, the uncomfortable truth is there are people in our society who are unemployable. There can be a multitude of reasons for that from illness/disability, substance abuse, mental health issues, low intelligence to the Shameless generation.

Frankly the economy wouldn't benefit in any way from putting these people to work as they simply couldn't produce a worthwhile end product.

Whilst oppotunities should always exist to enter the workplace the Government would save themselves a lot of time effort and expense if they identified these people and accepted their situations.

Once identified the workshy should be paid benefits at the absolute minimum (including a minimum amount for housing costs) and strict checks should be carried out to ensure they are not defrauding the benefit system by earning extra cash by other means.

The sick and disabled should have checks but should-not be harrassed as they are at present and the Government should drop its constant threats to take away their payments as that is heartless and cruel.

It might take a generation but eventually those who do-not want to work will die off and be replaced hopefully by those who want more from life and are willing to work for it.

Whilst i agree with most of the above I don't share your optimism on the fact that the workshy will die off. If you look demographically at the life time benefit scroungers they tend to have the biggest number of offspring. The productive class are being priced out of the procreation business, if not for the dresigner baby at the age of 40. Once the couple have established themselves financially there is little time to get reproducing so the way i see it is the current system favours the wrong people as the spawners of the next generation, being brought up in workless households with no positive role models i cant see this situation imporoving until those who refuse to work are forced to do so by the only things that matter. Money and self respect

Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:17 pm

To those that say that i am wrong or haven't got a clue Son !! Yes there are very genuine cases of Disability (as in the case of my Wife but she can't get fook all) and there is some that want to work but are struggling. But the vast majority on these benefits are fraudsters who can work but wont. And all they do is sit on there fat arses all day drinking cheap supermarket beer and get themselves in debt buying things they can't afford and then we have to foot the bill for these morons as someone has to. We pay more for our goods as a result.