Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Malkay Mackay - We Play For The Cardiff City Shirt

Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:24 am

On Cardiff City Player this morning is a message from Malkay Mackay outlining his ethos for our club, it is truely amazing.

Long before hearing the first whistle our ethos is built on the foundations of respects, integrity and loyalty. We unite in the principal of togetherness reinforced by the security of strong selfdiscipline. The first and best victory is to conquer self.

We come to work each morning determined to better ourselves, the team and our game. We constantly strive to improve and we play for the Cardiff City shirt.

Adhering to these values will lead us to success. Sieze the day.

Malkay Mackay
Cardiff City Player
7th December 2011.

What more can you say about the man. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Malkay Mackay - We Play For The Cardiff City Shirt

Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:44 am

Lets hope then that VT , TG and the Board back him for 2 or 3 new signings next month ? :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:10 pm

Martyn1963 wrote:Lets hope then that VT , TG and the Board back him for 2 or 3 new signings next month ? :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Yes Martyn, I really really hope so, they should def now as the Carling Cup money will be there. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:17 pm

castleblue wrote:On Cardiff City Player this morning is a message from Malkay Mackay outlining his ethos for our club, it is truely amazing.

Long before hearing the first whistle our ethos is built on the foundations of respects, integrity and loyalty. We unite in the principal of togetherness reinforced by the security of strong selfdiscipline. The first and best victory is to conquer self.

We come to work each morning determined to better ourselves, the team and our game. We constantly strive to improve and we play for the Cardiff City shirt.

Malkay Mackay
Cardiff City Player
7th December 2011.

What more can you say about the man. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I think I love him......Mothers life :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:19 pm

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/page/New ... 42,00.html

its at the end of the clip.....what a guy!!
Last edited by dafydd-ccfc85 on Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:20 pm

castleblue wrote:On Cardiff City Player this morning is a message from Malkay Mackay outlining his ethos for our club, it is truely amazing.

Malkay Mackay
Cardiff City Player
7th December 2011.

Gary, he just gets better and better. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:36 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Malkay Mackay
Cardiff City Player
7th December 2011.

A truely amazing 6 months with Malkay in charge and we are now so far away from being a club thats never won anything, never been in the PL, being a load of buffoons and generally having people in this part of the world put down at every opportunity. It makes you wonder how that last idiot got away with it.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:16 pm

I can't even explain how much I love having a manager wno thinks, acts, and behaves like this.

Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:03 pm

castleblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Y
Malkay Mackay
Cardiff City Player
7th December 2011.

A truely amazing 6 months with Malkay in charge and we are now so far away from being a club thats never won anything, never been in the PL, being a load of buffoons and generally having people in this part of the world put down pat every opportunity. It makes you wonder how that last idiot got away with it

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:[/quote
The "last idiot" got away with it because he wasn't an idiot!

We had a good six seasons with DJ. Of course it could and should have been better and he failed to
take us that final step, but to call him an idiot is ridiculous.
Anyway, he's been gone for nearly six months now. Isn't it time we moved on???

Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:52 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Malkay Mackay
Cardiff City Player
7th December 2011.

Agree with both the above :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:16 am

Elwood Blues wrote:
The "last idiot" got away with it because he wasn't an idiot!

We had a good six seasons with DJ. Of course it could and should have been better and he failed to
take us that final step, but to call him an idiot is ridiculous.
Anyway, he's been gone for nearly six months now. Isn't it time we moved on???

An idiot is someone who acts in a self-defeating or significantly counterproductive way and I don't think that is something that can be said about our current manager.

However my opinion of our previous manager is quite different but if you think it isn't counterproductive to call fans buffoons and to constantly have digs at people in this part of the world then fair enough.

I happen to believe it is both self defeating and counterproductive but thats just my opinion which as you say you consider to be ridiculous. However to show such disrespect for another persons opinion on a debating forum could itself be considered counterproductive to open debate, which could mean the lack of respect for alternative views or opinions is both self defeating and counterproductive which would be idiotic, wouldn't it?

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: .

Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:31 am

As someone who enjoyed(for the most part)watching Cardiff under DJ I must admit now I think DJ could be described as "Old Skool" where as Malky could be described as a "new Breed" and I for one am liking it.

Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:38 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:As someone who enjoyed(for the most part)watching Cardiff under DJ I must admit now I think DJ could be described as "Old Skool" where as Malky could be described as a "new Breed" and I for one am liking it.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:53 pm

[quote="castleblue"]On Cardiff City Player this morning is a message from Malkay Mackay outlining his ethos for our club, it is truely amazing.

Malkay Mackay
Cardiff City Player
7th December 2011.

What more can you say about the man. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:[/quote

Not that dissimilar to what Dave Jones said when he first arrived at Cardiff City:

Long before hearing the first whistle our ethos is built on the foundations of respecting a manager that has
done it all in the game. We fragment in the principal of one for oneself, and a disharmony reinforced by the
weekly piss-ups and security of password protected twitter. The first and best victory is to conquer Liverpool
in the Merseyside Derby. If you can carry forward all you learned at Everton, then people down here cannot
point the finger.

We come to work each morning determined to sober up by lunch-time and better our bank balances, we constantly
strive to get better pay deals, hone our gambling skills and we play with Cardiff City shirt on. While we're here
like.

Providing you can do it with a 4-4-2

Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:12 pm

taffyapple wrote:

Malkay Mackay
Cardiff City Player
7th December 2011.

What more can you say about the man. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:[/quote

Not that dissimilar to what Dave Jones said when he first arrived at Cardiff City:

Long before hearing the first whistle our ethos is built on the foundations of respecting a manager that has
done it all in the game. We fragment in the principal of one for oneself, and a disharmony reinforced by the
weekly piss-ups and security of password protected twitter. The first and best victory is to conquer Liverpool
in the Merseyside Derby. If you can carry forward all you learned at Everton, then people down here cannot
point the finger.

We come to work each morning determined to sober up by lunch-time and better our bank balances, we constantly
strive to get better pay deals, hone our gambling skills and we play with Cardiff City shirt on. While we're here
like.

I have reason to believe that quote is fabricated.

It's far too cheerful!

Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:40 pm

Aramore wrote:
taffyapple wrote:

Malkay Mackay
Cardiff City Player
7th December 2011.

point the finger.

like.

I have reason to believe that quote is fabricated.

It's far too cheerful!

Now that tickled me!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:03 pm

It's scripted and he's reading it.

Doesn't change anything though, these past two months have been some of the best in my short time, 35 years +, as a City supporter as it obvious that Sleeping Giant is finally waking from his slumbers and Malky is the alarm clock. :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:20 pm

Can see that hes a great motivater by the way he speaks.Even if its scripted it got the hairs on the back of my neck standing up! Can imagine in big games him standing in the dressing room repeating this sorta stuff to get the players fired up! :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:53 pm

Malkay Mackay
Cardiff City Player
7th December 2011.

I <3 MM :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:00 pm

hooligan858 wrote:I can't even explain how much I love having a manager wno thinks, acts, and behaves like this.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: