Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " CARDIFF CITY WILL BE ISSUING WARNINGS "

Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:37 pm

there are a few guys who sit infront and to the side of me and have told me that they wont be renewing their seasons tkts next yr.. while they are enjoying what city are doing on the field , they are not enjoying the whole game experience as a package... they have described some games as dull... they would rather purchase individual tkts in various areas to try and improve their game experience as and when...

looks like i will be the only one renewing but i am seriously compromising the good view from where i currently am in the ninian and proximity to the away fans in return for a change to the canton...

im undecided yet...

Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:49 pm

Im enjoying the football this season, but like many have mentioned atmosphere wise its not what I remember. Infact against Birmingham during the first half there were incredibly long periods of silence, when a few lads starting singing the traditional songs in the Canton lots of fans looked at them as if they were from out of space. Im really being put off with the lack of atmosphere I try in my area but rows and rows of fans arent interested. Apart from the carling cup game and possibly a few midweek including the Saints when it was rocking its the worst I can remember. Its not cheap and having watched the city for decades im even contemplating is the game that I remember :(

Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:34 am

Whoever came up with consistent sitting in blocks 116/117 is a complete tw*t. There were no problems last season and the season before, so why now? The atmosphere has never been so bad due to this.

Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:57 am

Anyone else think its been a better atmosphere this season than last season? I do!!
Plenty of work to be done still

Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:35 am

I thought standing was allowed in acertain areas ?

Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:38 am

Ultimately, we have a standing section in the Canton Stand and if I remember there was a big drive to get us all together in that stand for this season. I'm not going to comment on individual cases because I know for every genuine complaint about people not sitting down e.g. age, having a kid with them, injury etc there is just a moaning tw*t who just wants to get their own way.

At the end of the day though we are all Cardiff fans and this whole argument seems a bit selfish. In the club's defence, it has created this standing section in the Canton Stand and there's plenty of room left over here. I know we would all love to be next to the away fans but it's compromise at the moment. Like I said, I can't comment on individual cases that I have no knowledge about but if the whole standing issue is affecting your match experience that badly, switch to the Canton Stand. We might not be next to the away fans but we have a great time anyway and the atmosphere this year is pretty awesome. :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:49 am

Zabier wrote:Ultimately, we have a standing section in the Canton Stand and if I remember there was a big drive to get us all together in that stand for this season. I'm not going to comment on individual cases because I know for every genuine complaint about people not sitting down e.g. age, having a kid with them, injury etc there is just a moaning tw*t who just wants to get their own way.

At the end of the day though we are all Cardiff fans and this whole argument seems a bit selfish. In the club's defence, it has created this standing section in the Canton Stand and there's plenty of room left over here. I know we would all love to be next to the away fans but it's compromise at the moment. Like I said, I can't comment on individual cases that I have no knowledge about but if the whole standing issue is affecting your match experience that badly, switch to the Canton Stand. We might not be next to the away fans but we have a great time anyway and the atmosphere this year is pretty awesome. :ayatollah:

Steve I was one of them who backed it originally after my first meeting with our club, its to long a story but by the second meeting I changed my mind. I can not see why we cant have two parts of the ground standing, 2 sections in the Ninian Stand would help get the whole ground going and it would certainly improve the singing/atmosphere. You would still have all seating in the whole of the Grandstand/Family stand and three quarters of the Ninian Stand, surely that would make everyone happy. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I know our club can bend the rules, example the Canton Stand. I dont like going behind the goals to watch home games, I havent been there since the Canton Stand days in 1982. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:58 am

Steve I was one of them who backed it originally after my first meeting with our club, its to long a story but by the second meeting I changed my mind. I can not see why we cant have two parts of the ground standing, 2 sections in the Ninian Stand would help get the whole ground going and it would certainly improve the singing/atmosphere. You would still have all seating in the whole of the Grandstand/Family stand and three quarters of the Ninian Stand, surely that would make everyone happy. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I know our club can bend the rules, example the Canton Stand. I dont like going behind the goals to watch home games, I havent been there since the Canton Stand days in 1982. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:[/quote]

im with you on this... i really want to stand, but im stuck on the fence, i much prefer the view from where we are... obviously there has to be a compromise somewhere, but i feel that if they let 116,117,118 stand that would be fine.. most people in 116 especially the end of the ailse where i am want to stand and grumble when we are told to sit down, and we look across 1 row and the next seat in 117 is standing...

this needs to be addressed asap as i can promise you some fans will move and others will just not bother renewing their seasons tickets next yr...

Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:10 am

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:

im with you on this... i really want to stand, but im stuck on the fence, i much prefer the view from where we are... obviously there has to be a compromise somewhere, but i feel that if they let 116,117,118 stand that would be fine.. most people in 116 especially the end of the ailse where i am want to stand and grumble when we are told to sit down, and we look across 1 row and the next seat in 117 is standing...

this needs to be addressed asap as i can promise you some fans will move and others will just not bother renewing their seasons tickets next yr...

A bit of common sense at last and this whole issue could be solved if more common sense was used by both sides.

We know that persistant standing is not a criminal offence and the club has set a presedence by allowing standing in the Canton End.

However, that does-not allow for choice for those who don't like standing behind the goal and as customers fans should be allowed a choice.

On the flip side standing can interfere with the enjoyment of the game for other supporters who prefer to sit (being boring is not an excuse to deny them that right BTW :roll: )

So a comprimise has to be found and for me allowing standing in the back rows of 116, 117 and 118 would be a great start.

Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:47 am

I hope people realise that we're not nasty people for wanting to stand.

Regardless, as Tony and Blackwood Bluebird have said, common sense offers the solution.

Unfortunately, our club seems to want deny this course of action out of spite. I feel certain people in the club still hold grudges from Ninian Park

Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:46 am

Whats the problem, you wanna stand go in the canton, this is a non issue

Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:48 am

Some interesting views. The proposal of only having a small part of the Ninian Stand standing seems workable but I guess the club just doesn't want to splash out further costs in policing? I don't know. As I've stated before, they should have kept the ground set up as they did at Ninian Park but they didn't so we can't argue for that.

Like Tony said, it's an issue that needs to be addressed because otherwise some fans might just stop coming because they will feel persecuted against. Persecuted might seem a bit harsh of a word to use but I am sure some feel like that whether they are standing or sitting.

Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:55 am

palerider wrote:Whats the problem, you wanna stand go in the canton, this is a non issue

nobody is arguing against this,

just the inconsistency and common sense needed by the club...

one week you can stand, one week you cant...

plus there isnt enough room in the canton for all from 116, 117 and 118 to be accomodated...

Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:00 am

palerider wrote:Whats the problem, you wanna stand go in the canton, this is a non issue

The problem is that many people (including myself and Annis) much prefer watching a football match from the side rather than behind the goal.

Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:01 am

WelshBluebird wrote:

The problem is that many people (including myself and Annis) much prefer watching a football match from the side rather than behind the goal.

agree with this also...

Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:49 am

Marc wrote:This is why I prefer away games....I understand that people want to sit down, but for the life of me I can't understand why :shock: :shock: :shock: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Maybe people may have a problem with standing ! like hips Knees or another kind of problem. Its called being thoughtful I know in some people they cant understand that kind of thing . People go there to enjoy the game, how can they do that if you stand in there way all the time. Have some thought for others !

Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:50 am

Can't believe that 3 years in this debate is still going on. We have an all seater stadium - fact. The club has designated a standing area - fact.
Where I sit in the Ninian, towards the Canton end, people sit, except when something exiting happens and/or a goal is scored, when they stand. Then they sit again. No problem.
There is no inconsistancy. The club don't want people to stand in the Ninian.

Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:11 pm

Marc wrote:This is why I prefer away games....I understand that people want to sit down, but for the life of me I can't understand why :shock: :shock: :shock: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Old age, bad legs, bad hips, kids. It's why they need a dedicated standing area.

Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:09 pm

Zabier wrote:Some interesting views. The proposal of only having a small part of the Ninian Stand standing seems workable but I guess the club just doesn't want to splash out further costs in policing? I don't know. As I've stated before, they should have kept the ground set up as they did at Ninian Park but they didn't so we can't argue for that.

Like Tony said, it's an issue that needs to be addressed because otherwise some fans might just stop coming because they will feel persecuted against. Persecuted might seem a bit harsh of a word to use but I am sure some feel like that whether they are standing or sitting.

Steve, you dont need police nowadays for 95% of the home games, stewards and of course cctv wins, so just let us sing and cheer our team on. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

And before anyone says you can sing sitting down, after 38 years of singing/cheering the Mighty blues on, when you have a song and you want to give everything, you need to stand up without a doubt. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Just a small section of the Ninian Stand. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:21 pm

The club looks to have given a choice to either sit in the ninian with a side view or stand behind the goal, the only other option that I can see would be to allow standing in say the back 3/4 rows across the entire ninian, it's no good standing in 116 as those sat next to you in 115 would have a blocked view, however looks like the club are not allowing that so it's up to each fan, to either follow the rules or not renew next season, simple choice, no debate required IMO.

Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:14 pm

What a horrible attitude

Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:19 pm

Lots of mixed feedback here think some earlier posters hit on the head by saying if you want to stand go in the canton.

As to standing in the Ninian blocks mentioned wasn't this allowed last year and still was said atmosphere was poor?

As to not going behind the goal isn't that where the grange end goers were at NP??

I'm in the Ninian and sit to watch and sing along at points but actually also enjoy getting engrossed in the game as are those around me.

As the club suggested get in the Canton and get it rocking, sad day if you can only stand and sing if it is next to away fans.

Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:24 pm

Welshpaul wrote:Lots of mixed feedback here think some earlier posters hit on the head by saying if you want to stand go in the canton.

As to standing in the Ninian blocks mentioned wasn't this allowed last year and still was said atmosphere was poor?

As to not going behind the goal isn't that where the grange end goers were at NP??

I'm in the Ninian and sit to watch and sing along at points but actually also enjoy getting engrossed in the game as are those around me.

As the club suggested get in the Canton and get it rocking, sad day if you can only stand and sing if it is next to away fans.

That's what the banter is all about stood next to the away fans and chanting at one another having a laugh and occasionally going over and giving them a slap. (Last bit was a joke Caesar)

Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:59 pm

The only way to sort this is for a representative of the supporters to approach the club to sort it out because one thing's for sure, this can't be allowed to fester. Supporters are pissed off and that isn't good for the club.

If supporters begin to feel alienated and decide to vote with their feet the club will suffer.

Everyone needs to be pulling in the same direction; standers, sitters, singers and the club itself.

:ayatollah:

Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:09 pm

Frodo wrote:The only way to sort this is for a representative of the supporters to approach the club to sort it out because one thing's for sure, this can't be allowed to fester. Supporters are pissed off and that isn't good for the club.

If supporters begin to feel alienated and decide to vote with their feet the club will suffer.

Everyone needs to be pulling in the same direction; standers, sitters, singers and the club itself.

A very good post.

The problem we have is,just over 3 years ago, Wayne Nash decided he wanted Section A upper and Lower and the Grange end supporters to never be in one large group again and so when the tickets were put on sale, he made sure no more than 8 or so from these groups could sit in the Ninian Stand 116/117/118 together and put other fans in between them who like to sit down. Now this is not hear say this was spoken to myself and nine other fans at a meeting in Ninian Park before we left,there was uproar about it and I then put it out in them days on the other mb. He got his way and ruined the atmosphere before we even opened the new stadium. The conversation at that time turned in to a very heated one.

A petition was raised and over 1,200 City fans signed it, it was handed in, but some how later lost. :evil:

Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:15 pm

im pretty sure a protest/petitiion or just generally getting together and sorting out a real dedicated singing section will sort this or at least get the ball rolling. how many are on this forum alone? we proved what we could to with the supporters game if we stick together! :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:26 pm

jooshy wrote:im pretty sure a protest/petitiion or just generally getting together and sorting out a real dedicated singing section will sort this or at least get the ball rolling. how many are on this forum alone? we proved what we could to with the supporters game if we stick together! :ayatollah:

They will hide behind health and safety.

Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:29 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Frodo wrote:The only way to sort this is for a representative of the supporters to approach the club to sort it out because one thing's for sure, this can't be allowed to fester. Supporters are pissed off and that isn't good for the club.

A very good post.

The problem we have is,just over 3 years ago, Wayne Nash decided he wanted Section A upper and Lower and the Grange end supporters to never be in one large group again and so when the tickets were put on sale, he made sure no more than 8 or so from these groups could sit in the Ninian Stand 116/117/118 together and put other fans in between them who like to sit down. Now this is not hear say this was spoken to myself and nine other fans at a meeting in Ninian Park before we left,there was uproar about it and I then put it out in them days on the other mb. He got his way and ruined the atmosphere before we even opened the new stadium. The conversation at that time turned in to a very heated one.

A petition was raised and over 1,200 City fans signed it, it was handed in, but some how later lost. :evil:

You have to wonder why the club would want to deliberately break up groups of supporters? Was there external pressure (police) or were the club completely unaware of the common phrase "Shooting yourself in the foot"?

Any how, the chickens are coming home to roost and something needs to be done and quickly. It's no longer a case of meeting half way, it needs to be sorted and put to bed because the longer this goes on the more people will become pissed off and decide to walk. That goes for both the standers and sitters.

Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:30 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
jooshy wrote:im pretty sure a protest/petitiion or just generally getting together and sorting out a real dedicated singing section will sort this or at least get the ball rolling. how many are on this forum alone? we proved what we could to with the supporters game if we stick together! :ayatollah:

They will hide behind health and safety.

Correct Luke.

But they turn a blind eye to the Canton Stand.

Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:35 pm

It is not the clubs fault or the stewards they are just trying to do what they are told .

You would be surprised of the amount of complaints from our supporters regarding standing I heard 3 supporters moaning
at stewards at the Blackburn game I also know of supporters who have written to the club complaining of the standing in the ninian stand.

I think the club should look at it as a whole picture and the supporters that like sitting down are moved to the section that sit like.

I remember getting tickets at the old bobbank and I was always told by the ticket sales that the supporters like to stand here are you happy with that so I knew what to expect maybe the club should look at something like that