Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" CARDIFF CITY WILL BE ISSUING WARNINGS "

Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:31 pm

Complaints from fans in parts of the ground where fans are constantly standing are being taken seriously by our Club and more letters are going to be sent out to persistent standers, with warnings on them that their cards will be stopped.

Re: " CARDIFF CITY WILL BE ISSUING WARNINGS "

Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:34 pm

I look forward to it. I don't get much post

Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:35 pm

This is why I prefer away games....I understand that people want to sit down, but for the life of me I can't understand why :shock: :shock: :shock: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:38 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:I look forward to it. I don't get much post

:lol:

Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:39 pm

They are getting worse, the atmosphere is pathetic enough as it is, any worse then it will become a grave yard. :evil:

Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:40 pm

UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH FDUIHBREUIGHEBB84EHW58BH4WION IOEVNIOERBHIHERG89E5H840-B4H8 -45NB2I0

Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:41 pm

Marc wrote:This is why I prefer away games....I understand that people want to sit down, but for the life of me I can't understand why :shock: :shock: :shock: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Kids on laps??? Disability??? Age??? Ill health just to name a few!!!

Took my son to a local match the other week and sat in the 4 row stand. Sign next to it said no standing infront of seating area. So you can imagine my frustration when ever boy and his dog stood and blocked my view despite the signs. If peiple want to sit for whatever reason its their right, they pay as much money as the next person and have the right not to get their view blocked. Whether there should be a standing area is a whole other argument but when the honus is on all seater stadiumd fans deserve the above right

Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:42 pm

They had better watch out what and who they ban, or it could become very self defeating indeed. It isn't going to do the clubs image any good if there is a big block of people missing from a home match

Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:43 pm

Forever Blue wrote:They are getting worse, the atmosphere is pathetic enough as it is, any worse then it will become a grave yard. :evil:

If it turns into a grave yard we should start playing Thriller over the tannoys. That's the only reasonable response.

Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:44 pm

Aramore wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:They are getting worse, the atmosphere is pathetic enough as it is, any worse then it will become a grave yard. :evil:

If it turns into a grave yard we should start playing Thriller over the tannoys. That's the only reasonable response.

:lol: :lol:

At least It will make Carl happy.

Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:44 pm

I await my warning or was i stood on the wrong seat ? Opps i ment Sat :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:45 pm

From Facebook

Simon Michon make us all sit down and be quiet, then complain about poor atmosphere
10 minutes ago · Like

Dai Jones What a joke,f*cking hate our new place fair play
9 minutes ago · Like · 4

Phil Mcgill every ground you go to now is shit these days
5 minutes ago · Like
Annis Abraham Jnr They are getting worse, the atmosphere is pathetic enough as it is, any worse then it will become a grave yard.
4 minutes ago · Like · 1

Kyle Ccfc Hughes I'm just grateful that we've had a great Carling Cup run because quite frankly the atmosphere in those games has been alot better then the league games. We're in the Semis, sitting 3rd in the league, there's a real great feel around the stadium but yet it's still quiet through most of the games!? Ugh this issue goes beyond me.
about a minute ago · Like

Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:47 pm

If its not in the canton stand then it's understandable. They have given enough warnings

Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:48 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Complaints from fans in parts of the ground where fans are constantly standing are being taken seriously by our Club and more letters are going to be sent out to persistent standers, with warnings on them that there cards will be stopped.

I dont think the problem is with the fans, I blame the club on this issue with a lack of communication with its supporters. When i bought a season ticket for the canton stand, I knew I was able to stand, but when my brother and his mates bought a season ticket for the Ninian stand (because they were able to stand last season at the back) they thought they were able to do it again.

I know most of us knew we were able to stand in some parts of the canton, because of all the information we had on the message forums, but not everyone has the internet/or visit the forums.

The club are also worried by the drop in numbers of season ticket holders not turning up to matchdays, instead of moaning about it, ask the fans why this is, its not hard to do a little survey or focus group with fans to find out the underlying issues, it maybe something simple which can be dealt with immediately.

Nevertheless, I believe that there arent many season ticket holders turning up at the family stand due to the price of the season ticket. At present a season ticket for juniors is £51, they will probably come to the "so called big games." Without really losing money compared to sitting on another stand like the Canton, where it could cost £156. If you pay alot more money, your more than willing to turn up to games, since you benefit from it.

I think having low prices on the family stand doesnt do any justice, I believe the cost for under 9's is £11, and they might just turn up for one game, and miss the next 5 games.

Whilst the club are worried about persistant standers, I'd be more worried about the potential fans coming to the game who want to sit on the family stand but not able to; because a) the section is full and b)season ticket holders not turning up and the seats are not made available. Hence they move to other parts of the ground where people stand up and interferes with the viewing of other fans. I do believe the both issues of season ticket holders not turning up at the family stand and persistant standers are linked to some extent.

Instead of the club moaning about persistant standers; deal with the issue of the family stand first. In my opinion the club needs to do something about this;I think the club should put a quota of how many season tickets should be sold in the family stand, and sell the rest to the public (on matchday basis), otherwise we be preventing young bluebirds coming to a game. Or alternatively, we may have to increase the price of season tickets in the family stand, so that they come to games and dont feel that their season ticket is a waste. Or alternatively the ability to resell your matchday seat back to the club, or state you wont be attending the game and make it available for someone else.

Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:51 pm

If they want to sit they can go in the Grandstand with the rest of the boring bastards.

Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:55 pm

Karl wrote:If they want to sit they can go in the Grandstand with the rest of the boring bastards.

Why is sitting boring? I sit at home games and stand at away games, I don't mind either. Doesn't effect my mouth or support at all.

Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:01 pm

All this bollox about "pashun" and anybody sitting down isn't a real fan, yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn.

Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:02 pm

tomcat wrote:All this bollox about "pashun" and anybody sitting down isn't a real fan, yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn.

What does 'pashun' mean? Are you speaking Serbo-croatian?

Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:03 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Karl wrote:If they want to sit they can go in the Grandstand with the rest of the boring bastards.

Why is sitting boring? I sit at home games and stand at away games, I don't mind either. Doesn't effect my mouth or support at all.

The Grandstand is a place to sit and boring bastards reside there.

Who said sitting is boring and why are you so defensive?

Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:05 pm

You did :roll: twice :roll:

I'm not defensive just don't know why peoples vocals dissapeared when sat down?
If I felt passionantly about standing up I'd go to the canton stand?

As it happens I don't care if I sit or stand

Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:08 pm

To be honest at most of the games I've been two the Canton starts off brightly and then after 5 minutes if not much has happened they go as dead as the rest of the stadium.

Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:08 pm

2blue2handle wrote:You did :roll: twice :roll:

I'm not defensive just don't know why peoples vocals dissapeared when sat down?
If I felt passionantly about standing up I'd go to the canton stand?

As it happens I don't care if I sit or stand

A question?

I sat in the Grandstand last week. It is boring as f**k. I keep getting urges to stand up and enjoy the game. I don't like sitting down and clapping. Sitting and singing doesnt work either.

I ended up moving to the Canton at halftime.

Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:09 pm

Marc wrote:This is why I prefer away games....I understand that people want to sit down, but for the life of me I can't understand why :shock: :shock: :shock: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

perhaps because we are old and riddled with arthrittis

Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:11 pm

pensionerbluebird wrote:

My knee is riddled with arthritis, and it hurts more sitting than standing.

Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:12 pm

Sorry didn't realise you couldn't use your mouth sat down, if all you can do is clap sat down them it's understandable you want to stand up. So problem solved move to the canton stand :roll:

I've never been in the grandstand at CCS and only 3 or 4 times at Ninian so know what to expect. I'm not sure what you were expecting to be honest.

Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:14 pm

pensionerbluebird wrote:

Chief forgive Eddie he spends all his Days sat in his Lorry Cab. So he does like to stand :lol: :lol:

Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:19 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Complaints from fans in parts of the ground where fans are constantly standing are being taken seriously by our Club and more letters are going to be sent out to persistent standers, with warnings on them that their cards will be stopped.

who makes these decisions annis? wayne nash?

Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:21 pm

jinks-rct wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Complaints from fans in parts of the ground where fans are constantly standing are being taken seriously by our Club and more letters are going to be sent out to persistent standers, with warnings on them that their cards will be stopped.

who makes these decisions annis? wayne nash?

If people are complaining the club have a duty to look into it.

Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:24 pm

A contradiction indeed!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:28 pm

Sven Ghali wrote:

A contradiction indeed!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You have never met him Chief. If you have you would understand why :lol: