Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

is the squad big enough if we get injuries,

Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:49 pm

that will probably start soon,i personally think we can cope with the current squad but i am hopeful of a couple of players in in january :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: is the squad big enough if we get injuries,

Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:59 pm

In a word................no

Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:40 pm

NO. We need another couple of players added in January

Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:31 pm

No. Supposing the player's who hobbled off on sunday were out for months. We'd be buggered without a few additions. Still think we need another winger, Conway needs someone breathing down his neck. Why should he bust a gut, knowing he's got no competition for the shirt.

Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:34 pm

Without a doubt the answer is NO.

Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:43 pm

krabb wrote:that will probably start soon,i personally think we can cope with the current squad but i am hopeful of a couple of players in in january :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Never thought I'd say this after last season, but defence is the area now where we have depth. Any injuries there are well covered. What with Naylor retunring to form, and proven players like blake and quinn ready to step up.

First team midfield is great, but 2 injuries to the likes of whitts and gunnarson then we'd struggle. An injury to Miller or mason up front and we'd be screwed.

We need more depth up front as a priority, and then midfield. I'd say 1 midfielder, 1 quality striker and 1 bargain striker in the mould of mason and we'll be just fine.

Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:49 pm

It's a bit thin of course but we still have options and exciting young talent to use.

Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:51 pm

if gunnarsson and kiss are missing sat, then the result will show if we have adequete cover..

remember hull away??

Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:37 am

tommo blue wrote:NO. We need another couple of players added in January

Agree tommo :ayatollah: - new players in not only gives more choice but adds to team moral/banter :ayatollah:
And with MM = we know he will get the correct players in :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:55 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:
tommo blue wrote:NO. We need another couple of players added in January

Agree tommo :ayatollah: - new players in not only gives more choice but adds to team moral/banter :ayatollah:
And with MM = we know he will get the correct players in :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I fully believed in loans until last season. Now I think they can be assets but with the way we play and the closeness of the squad I think perm signings have to be the way forward.

Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:05 am

2blue2handle wrote:It's a bit thin of course but we still have options and exciting young talent to use.

my thoughts exactly :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:42 pm

We needed more new players before the start of the season let alone when the loan window opened and closed so nothing will change or in january im sure of it :ayatollah: