Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Nigel Benn V Gerald Mcclellan

Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:07 pm

so he would have been in trouble early on then?sometimes in boxing a bad thing happens but good comes out of it.ie.doctors at ringside will watching out for similar stuff now and a fight will be stopped a lot earlier.after m watson sustained his injuries future fights had paramedics at hand and exits kept clear.the powers that be learned from there mistakes that night.whilst on about boxing ,last year i went to porthcawl on holiday.i took a drive up to mryther to see johnny owens statue.what a man he was.used to watch him as a young teenager .top fellow

Re: Nigel Benn V Gerald Mcclellan

Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:25 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:And Johnny to compare Boxing with Dog fighting just aint right. The two Boxers are there on there own free will, the Dogs have no choice. And if they aint good fighters they just kill the dog end of.

And yes that trainer of Mcclellan was as loopy as they come and did not have the slightest clue on the Boxing game but that was Mcclellan's fault as well as he hired him because he was the cheapest option.

Yeah I agree with your point of free will but there came a point in that fight when they crossed the line of sport and went back in time to the days of the roman gladiators.
Everyone let it go on because it appealed to our animal instinct to kill and survive and it is for this reason that I compare it to a dog fight, because that's the only chance those mutts have when their idiotic trainers put them in a ring.

Jew ear me now nukes?