Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " MINI-UPDATE MONDAY 05th DECEMBER 2011 "

Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:53 pm

For those who wish to purchase tickets in the family stand, I have been asked to tell them to contact Julian Jenkins at the club and the club will do their utmost to find a solution to those who wish to come in the CCS as a family and as season ticket holders.

Hello carl have you any idea what Julian is going to try and do as ive been trying to get hold of him since they went on sale but no joy yet unfortunatly??

Thanks
Tim :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:55 pm

timdog80 wrote:
For those who wish to purchase tickets in the family stand, I have been asked to tell them to contact Julian Jenkins at the club and the club will do their utmost to find a solution to those who wish to come in the CCS as a family and as season ticket holders.

Hello carl have you any idea what Julian is going to try and do as ive been trying to get hold of him since they went on sale but no joy yet unfortunatly??

Thanks
Tim :ayatollah:

Tim, I have pm you regarding Julian. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:57 pm

Carl

Is the club aware that the season ticket holders who don't go may not renew?

If they can't make it when they've got one - they may not bother getting another.

The club seriously has to look at prices, group tickets and tick distribution.

Why can't every ticket number be put in a raffle each home game to win tickets to away games or cup games, stadium tours, the posh seats, £100 etc???

Are they going to get a drum and a trumpet for the atmosphere???

Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:59 pm

An idea about the family stand .... keep the under 9's free but must pick up a ticket from ticket office up to a week before game if not then their seat will be sold on. If they do happen to pick up their free ticket, but dont use it then the next home game they go to pick their free ticket up they are charged a fee of £10 for not using their previous free ticket which could have been sold on.

This would surely sort out the problem with the family stand which is supposed to be sold out, yet there are plenty of empty seats everywhere at every home game.

Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:01 pm

cheers carl.

£30 robbing bastards, at least there's concessions :D

Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:07 pm

canton blue wrote:An idea about the family stand .... keep the under 9's free but must pick up a ticket from ticket office up to a week before game if not then their seat will be sold on. If they do happen to pick up their free ticket, but dont use it then the next home game they go to pick their free ticket up they are charged a fee of £10 for not using their previous free ticket which could have been sold on.

This would surely sort out the problem with the family stand which is supposed to be sold out, yet there are plenty of empty seats everywhere at every home game.

why should i have to go to the ticket office to pick up my daughters ticket every week. punish the ones who dont go not the ones who are there week in week out..

Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:10 pm

elad wrote:
jinks-rct wrote:
carlccfc wrote:
jinks-rct wrote:not happy with u9s saturday only ticket why should my daughter who goes to 99% of games be punished because others dont turn up. cant they do a check to see whose tickets are used or not?
can you let us know whats happening as i will be making a complaint by phone , email and to julian jenkins in person before it happens

cheers for the update carl. :ayatollah:

Jinks as I say this is a suggestion and not set in stone, it could be an alternative to a full under 9's ticket who attend all games not an instead of, I am letting everyone know that the club is looking at the issue of tickets and the problems.

ok cheers carl it woudnt be hard to send someone around making note of empty seat numbers over a few home games and fans who have the consistantly empty seat numbers contacted for an explanation..

Jinks I ditto your comments my son also attends all matches on his under 9 ticket , the club knows which ticket holders which are not attending because we swipe our cards on the way in, also I believe the club send out warning emails to constant offenders. Can't see the club changing current season ticket holders terms because the majority have a price freeze. Surely they would have to wait. :ayatollah:

elad if they change my daughters entitlement to saturday only im going to the club to play f**k.. im fuming at the thought of it. but as carl says its only being thought through at the moment.

Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:14 am

I have 4 season tickets in the family stand, for myself my wife, son and daughter. sometimes my mrs and my 7 year old daughter don't want to go ( which does my head in ). Sometimes I have taken my son and his friends just to use all my tickets. But at the end of the day my seats have been paid for.

Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:31 am

llwynypia bluebirds wrote:I have 4 season tickets in the family stand, for myself my wife, son and daughter. sometimes my mrs and my 7 year old daughter don't want to go ( which does my head in ). Sometimes I have taken my son and his friends just to use all my tickets. But at the end of the day my seats have been paid for.

id say the idea is if you dont or cant take your kids to night games because they have school in the morning or it is just too late then a seat is going to waste.
my idea would be is 2 pay brackets
1 if your child will go to night games
and
2 if you decide your child will not go to night games (this one being more expensive)
if you choose number 1 your season ticket will be held on reserve as a choice same as cup games and if you choose not to take them up they can be sold on
just an idea though no idea what they are planning

Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:05 am

As Annis said ticket prices for the home leg of the Palace game are normal prices for games at CCS, I have a ST in the family stand and the ticket is £18 with my grandson who is 10 £5. Terrific value for the semi final of a cup competition.

On this Family Stand issue I cannot get my head around why people are constantly having a go at missing ST holders in this stand, I have had a ST in the Family Stand since the stadium opened and with a very few exceptions where we have had 26,000 crowds it's not difficult to see loads of empty seats in other areas of the ground. It's very rare for the Canton Stand to sell out and the area on the corner between the Canton and Ninian is nearly always half empty.

Until such time that the Stadium sells out what on earth is the problem? My dad started taking me to matches at Ninian Park when I was 8, not all games but mainly the Saturday games with the odd midweek game. As I got older I went to more and more games and by my early teens I was a ST holder and never missed a home game. My dad always told me you will come to love this club, it will be your club and you won't want to miss a game and boy was he right. But I never saw every game when I was 8 or 9 because my parents made sure I was OK for school the next day and thats whats happening now and in my opinion thats absolutely fine. Whats happening here is the club is biulding it's fan base for the future as it has always done.

The club won the Family club award last season and inmy opinion if it values that accolade it better get a grip and stop this preoccupation with how many under 9 are missing from games. And until the club sells out every home game so should others because in reality no one is being stopped from attending games because tickets are available in other areas of the ground.

The truth is there is no demand for them. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:10 am

whoami wrote:
Wayne S wrote:A dog looking for chemicals used in making flares actually found drugs? Someone at SWP is telling porkies. You cannot train the same dog to look for those two commodities.

Just what I was thinking, it's impossible. :roll:

The dogs were there just for the sniffing out of drugs

Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:26 am

Carlos, Our club have managed to at least for the home game.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=65361 :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:28 am

Bluearmy111 wrote:Carl when are the palace away tickets on sale Cheers :ayatollah:

This Thursday :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:36 am

Carlos, I think its fantastic what Malky does before he signs a player, I know that Jones signed many many players without even seeing them play,just from hear say. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:02 am

Forever Blue wrote:Carlos, I think its fantastic what Malky does before he signs a player, I know that Jones signed many many players without even seeing them play,just from hear say. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

and some players from a chance meeting in a restaurant in florida and hey dont worry about failing that medical you can still have 25k a week :evil:

Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:18 am

steve davies wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Carlos, I think its fantastic what Malky does before he signs a player, I know that Jones signed many many players without even seeing them play,just from hear say. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

and some players from a chance meeting in a restaurant in florida and hey dont worry about failing that medical you can still have 25k a week :evil:

And bumping into some body at a golfing tournament & asking them to play for us.
MM's meticulous attention to detail is something our club has been crying out for, for ages.

Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:58 pm

steve davies wrote:

Sadly Spot on Steve, Robbie Fowler, I might add. :evil:

Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:40 pm

castleblue wrote:As Annis said ticket prices for the home leg of the Palace game are normal prices for games at CCS, I have a ST in the family stand and the ticket is £18 with my grandson who is 10 £5. Terrific value for the semi final of a cup competition.

On this Family Stand issue I cannot get my head around why people are constantly having a go at missing ST holders in this stand, I have had a ST in the Family Stand since the stadium opened and with a very few exceptions where we have had 26,000 crowds it's not difficult to see loads of empty seats in other areas of the ground. It's very rare for the Canton Stand to sell out and the area on the corner between the Canton and Ninian is nearly always half empty.

Until such time that the Stadium sells out what on earth is the problem? My dad started taking me to matches at Ninian Park when I was 8, not all games but mainly the Saturday games with the odd midweek game. As I got older I went to more and more games and by my early teens I was a ST holder and never missed a home game. My dad always told me you will come to love this club, it will be your club and you won't want to miss a game and boy was he right. But I never saw every game when I was 8 or 9 because my parents made sure I was OK for school the next day and thats whats happening now and in my opinion thats absolutely fine. Whats happening here is the club is biulding it's fan base for the future as it has always done.

The club won the Family club award last season and inmy opinion if it values that accolade it better get a grip and stop this preoccupation with how many under 9 are missing from games. And until the club sells out every home game so should others because in reality no one is being stopped from attending games because tickets are available in other areas of the ground.

The truth is there is no demand for them. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I agree ENTIRELY with this! Don't see why the club is moaning! as other area's of the ground NEVER sell out - an until the ground sells out and there is a DEMAND for ticket, I dont see what all the fuss is about!

Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:34 pm

Malky Mackay has a recruitment team that consists of three people whose job it is to identify players that fit the bill for the type of player Malky likes. One of the three members of this team then check out the players lifestyle and his background to build a picture of that players attitude and how he lives his life. Another will then check through the players career so far and the moves he has been involved in, if any. The detail reports are collected over the course of weeks and a meeting is then held with Malky where a decision is made whether we make a move for the player or not.

This demonstrates how we don't get lucky with players and that Malky and his staff are very particular on the type of person not just how good a player is, he has to gel with the dressing room and not just on the pitch. There has been cases under previous managers where players are signed on whim and have not produced the goods. i'm all for being thorough but i think this going a bit over the top,what is to stop other clubs coming in and signing players over our heads while we go through all this nonsense

Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:49 pm

Any idea who the striker was reported in the press today as nearly secured in the loan window?

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -29914610/

Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:02 am

Cheers Carlos, our leader, I look forward to the next update. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: