Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" MINI-UPDATE MONDAY 05th DECEMBER 2011 "

Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:29 pm

Cardiff City officials have been in discussion with their Crystal Palace counterparts over the ticket allocation and pricing structure for the forthcoming Semi-Final Carling Cup fixture since the draw was made last week.

Crystal Palace have offered City an allocation of 4,000 tickets and also want the same amount returned for the second leg, Palace have also expressed their desire to price the tickets as a full price structure (Category A) match. City officials have been fighting hard to keep the pricing in line with the previous rounds of the cup and also City want to give Palace the away end only of 2,100.

Palace have announced today that their fans will pay £30 and £15 concession for the Arthur Wait stand which will mean our fans might have to pay the same.Our club are trying to make the home game a lot cheaper for our fans, fingers crossed.

Malky Mackay has a recruitment team that consists of three people whose job it is to identify players that fit the bill for the type of player Malky likes. One of the three members of this team then check out the players lifestyle and his background to build a picture of that players attitude and how he lives his life. Another will then check through the players career so far and the moves he has been involved in, if any. The detail reports are collected over the course of weeks and a meeting is then held with Malky where a decision is made whether we make a move for the player or not.

This demonstrates how we don't get lucky with players and that Malky and his staff are very particular on the type of person not just how good a player is, he has to gel with the dressing room and not just on the pitch. There has been cases under previous managers where players are signed on whim and have not produced the goods.

As you are now aware there are half season tickets currently on sale and the first game of that includes the Reading fixture on January 2nd 2012. For those who wish to purchase tickets in the family stand, I have been asked to tell them to contact Julian Jenkins at the club and the club will do their utmost to find a solution to those who wish to come in the CCS as a family and as season ticket holders. These are exciting times with the team and manager doing so well and there is plenty to look forward too in 2012 and if you want to be part of it I would urge anyone without a season ticket to join on board and enjoy the ride. These half season ticket will make an ideal Christmas present for a loved one or even a treat for yourself.

On the subject of season tickets, there has been an issue in the family stand over the amount of fans missing games and in particular the under 9's tickets. The club are discussing plans to alter how season tickets are sold next year with the under 9's being looked at the most, one suggestion I was told the club is considering is making the under 9 ticket a Saturday only ticket and then being able to sell midweek fixtures to on general sale. Another suggestion they have is finding a happy medium with regards of pricing between the family stand and other areas of the ground for under 16's season ticket holders who currently sit in the family, there is plenty of interest in new season ticket holders for the family stand so the club really need some of the current season ticket holders to move out of the Grange stand and into another area of the ground but realising that price maybe and probably is an issue they are looking at the pricing structure.

The club hope to bring in new season holders before the end of the season when the tickets go on sale and they hope to push through the 19,000, that is the aim. Another idea which has been spoken about before is the buy back scheme this is something that the club are seriously looking into for next year and it is likely only to apply to the family stand as this is the stand that is sold out week in week out.

4,500 season ticket holders did not turn up for the match on Sunday versus Birmingham.

As I tend to put information out between updates I would like to remind people of something I said yesterday and that is there was a police sniffer dog being used yesterday, the reason for this is because of recent flares entering the stadium.

The dog was used first in the away end and a few Birmingham fans were caught with drugs.

The dog was then used in and around both the Ninian and Canton stands, as I say the reason was to prevent flares being taken in and there will be a feature/advert in the next matchday programme warning fans of what the club is doing.

You have been warned, leave the flares, Semtex and drugs at home and come to the ground clean if you wish to see the game.

Millwall away 1,100 sold so far.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

" ' Phil Dwyer ' will be doing a book signing at 1.10pm at the NINIAN PARK PUB LOUNGE ON SATURDAY 17th DECEMBER BEFORE THE MIDDLESBOROUGH GAME. " :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Phil has turned down several different pubs as he said today he wants the first pub he does his book signing in is the Ninian Park Pub, through his friendship with Annis and the help of Jimbo, Phil is looking forward to attending the pub and meeting plenty of City fans. Phil feels the Ninian pub is part of our history.

No one has given more to Cardiff City than Phil Dwyer. Born in Grangetown, in the heart of Cardiff, he went on to represent the club more times than anyone in its history. Noted for his never-say-die attitude it is little wonder that the Cardiff fans recently voted him their most popular player of all time. In this fascinating book Dwyer traces his career with the Bluebirds form schoolboy hopeful to club captain and stalwart.

It is packed with detail on promotion pushes, relegation battles and European competition. There are also dozens of anecdotes and insights into Cardiff City legends like Jimmy Scoular, Jimmy Andrews, Richie Morgan, Len Ashurst, Don Murray, John Buchanan, Tony Evans and of course the enigmatic Robin Friday. Dwyer is a proud Welshman and nothing gave him more pleasure than the ten caps he won for Wales. Many of them were memorable, not least scoring the winner on his debut against Iran, in Tehran. There was also a brilliant headed goal against England, which to his delight he notched at Ninian Park.

Dwyer treasures his relationship with the Cardiff fans, who he describes as the best in the world. They backed him from the start, appreciating that he gave his all every time he pulled on that famous blue jersey. It meant so much to him when the fans turned out in their droves for his testimonial match. The high regard in which he was held by everyone in Cardiff made it very difficult for him to come to terms with leaving the club after more than a decade and a half of devoted service.

After he retired form the game Dwyer joined South Wales police, which was a sharp contrast to his life as a professional footballer. Sadly, his career in the force was cut short due to a conviction for drunk driving, an out-of-character episode that left him mortified. Without sparing himself he tells the full story of that unfortunate incident.

This is a book that will delight everyone with an interest in Cardiff City and more broadly in Welsh football.

Phil will be at the NINIAN PARK PUB LOUNGE ON SATURDAY 17th DECEMBER 1.10pm. BEFORE THE MIDDLESBOROUGH HOME GAME .

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=51137 :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " MINI-UPDATE MONDAY 05th DECEMBER 2011 "

Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:34 pm

cheers carl :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:36 pm

not being picky carl but what if games are on a sunday,you stated saturday ticket ?

great update though :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:37 pm

Cheers carlos a true Fans Leader :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:38 pm

Dissapointed to here that 4,500 season ticket holders didnt make it! :|
22,000 was the attendance werent it!? :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:39 pm

Thank you Carlos, " OUR FANS LEADER " for the mini update. :lol: :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:40 pm

Thanks Carl :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:41 pm

From what I know, our former winger Kevin Cooper is on that recruitment team and actually met Salif Salee at the Malaysian airport before he came over for the trial.

Re Palace: would be a shame if we only had 2,100 seats but don't really want to give them 4,000 either

Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:44 pm

The prices of £30 and £15 is absolutely shocking. We are a family of season ticket holders (1 adult and 2 children) and I go to as many games as I can. We have been to every carling cup game this season (apart from the away one) but there is no way we could afford these prices anyway, but especially not just after Christmas. City need to sort this out asap. !!!

In Malky we trust :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:46 pm

not happy with u9s saturday only ticket why should my daughter who goes to 99% of games be punished because others dont turn up. cant they do a check to see whose tickets are used or not?
can you let us know whats happening as i will be making a complaint by phone , email and to julian jenkins in person before it happens

cheers for the update carl. :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:49 pm

A dog looking for chemicals used in making flares actually found drugs? Someone at SWP is telling porkies. You cannot train the same dog to look for those two commodities.

Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:51 pm

thanks for the update :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:51 pm

CARL, when you say "Palace have announced today that their fans will pay £30 and £15 concession for the Arthur Wait stand which will mean our fans will pay the same."

does that mean it is £30 ticket for our home game, or just to go away game

Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:55 pm

Carl when are the palace away tickets on sale Cheers :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:58 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Thank you Carlos, " OUR FANS LEADER " for the mini update. :lol: :ayatollah:

;) Cheers Carl :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:00 pm

nice one fella :ayatollah:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8RCFqwv8wg :lol:

Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:03 pm

Pity they can't get a dog to sniff out the dodgy prices they charge at the food halls.

Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:07 pm

electricblue wrote:nice one fella :ayatollah:

:lol: :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:09 pm

jinks-rct wrote:not happy with u9s saturday only ticket why should my daughter who goes to 99% of games be punished because others dont turn up. cant they do a check to see whose tickets are used or not?
can you let us know whats happening as i will be making a complaint by phone , email and to julian jenkins in person before it happens

Jinks as I say this is a suggestion and not set in stone, it could be an alternative to a full under 9's ticket who attend all games not an instead of, I am letting everyone know that the club is looking at the issue of tickets and the problems.

Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:11 pm

sneggygirl wrote:The prices of £30 and £15 is absolutely shocking. We are a family of season ticket holders (1 adult and 2 children) and I go to as many games as I can. We have been to every carling cup game this season (apart from the away one) but there is no way we could afford these prices anyway, but especially not just after Christmas. City need to sort this out asap. !!!

In Malky we trust :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

City have fought hard to keep the prices down but it looks like Palace won on that score.

Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:11 pm

Carl when are the palace tickets on.sale

Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:14 pm

Wayne S wrote:A dog looking for chemicals used in making flares actually found drugs? Someone at SWP is telling porkies. You cannot train the same dog to look for those two commodities.

Just what I was thinking, it's impossible. :roll:

Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:17 pm

carlccfc wrote:
jinks-rct wrote:not happy with u9s saturday only ticket why should my daughter who goes to 99% of games be punished because others dont turn up. cant they do a check to see whose tickets are used or not?

Jinks as I say this is a suggestion and not set in stone, it could be an alternative to a full under 9's ticket who attend all games not an instead of, I am letting everyone know that the club is looking at the issue of tickets and the problems.

ok cheers carl it woudnt be hard to send someone around making note of empty seat numbers over a few home games and fans who have the consistantly empty seat numbers contacted for an explanation..

Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:17 pm

Bluearmy111 wrote:Carl when are the palace tickets on.sale

The club will be putting an announcement out either later tonight or tomorrow.

Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:18 pm

Bluebird99 wrote:From what I know, our former winger Kevin Cooper is on that recruitment team and actually met Salif Salee at the Malaysian airport before he came over for the trial.

Re Palace: would be a shame if we only had 2,100 seats but don't really want to give them 4,000 either

Kevin Cooper is out in Malaysia working for the club.

Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:20 pm

So it'll be £30 and £15 away, what about home?

Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:23 pm

CantonJack wrote:So it'll be £30 and £15 away, what about home?

Its looks like normal league prices for us thanks to Palace refusing to lower the prices at their place. :evil:

Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:29 pm

electricblue wrote:nice one fella :ayatollah:

was on the tip of my tongue. :lol: :lol:

Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:33 pm

jinks-rct wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

ok cheers carl it woudnt be hard to send someone around making note of empty seat numbers over a few home games and fans who have the consistantly empty seat numbers contacted for an explanation..

Jinks I ditto your comments my son also attends all matches on his under 9 ticket , the club knows which ticket holders which are not attending because we swipe our cards on the way in, also I believe the club send out warning emails to constant offenders. Can't see the club changing current season ticket holders terms because the majority have a price freeze. Surely they would have to wait. :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:42 pm

Great news about Millwall, can't wait. Hoping that the thing about u16 season tickets happens, I want to sit in another, more atmospheric area of the ground but can't because I don't have the money.