Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

best time to strengthen is january onwards

Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:25 pm

with the fight for automatic , play off places and teams trying to avoid getting dragged into a relegation fight and every game turns into a battle thats when we will need a stronger squad.
if we can stay in the top 6 until january and not lose sight on the top 2 ( unless we are top 2 ) we will have had a excellent first half of the season :ayatollah:

Re: best time to strengthen is january onwards

Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:36 pm

jinks-rct wrote:with the fight for automatic , play off places and teams trying to avoid getting dragged into a relegation fight and every game turns into a battle thats when we will need a stronger squad.
if we can stay in the top 6 until january and not lose sight on the top 2 ( unless we are top 2 ) we will have had a excellent first half of the season :ayatollah:

Too right. The team has exceeded my expectations, even if we lose the rest of the games in December.

Let's see what team we can field on Saturday and we'll hopefully be able to pick from most of our present squad, as we aren't playing midweek, so the players will have time to recover from yesterday.

Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:47 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:
jinks-rct wrote:with the fight for automatic , play off places and teams trying to avoid getting dragged into a relegation fight and every game turns into a battle thats when we will need a stronger squad.

Too right. The team has exceeded my expectations, even if we lose the rest of the games in December.

Let's see what team we can field on Saturday and we'll hopefully be able to pick from most of our present squad, as we aren't playing midweek, so the players will have time to recover from yesterday.

any news about injuries or when gestede is back?

this first half of the season is the easiest so we can get away with the light squad we have but when i say light if you look at our fully fit squad and its not that bad.. maybe 3 players short?

Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:57 pm

jinks-rct wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

any news about injuries or when gestede is back?

this first half of the season is the easiest so we can get away with the light squad we have but when i say light if you look at our fully fit squad and its not that bad.. maybe 3 players short?

Haven't heard about Gestede (maybe Carl might know something) and I reckon 5 or 6 extra players, due to the long and busy months ahead.

Fingers crossed, we might not be blighted by injuries, fatigue or suspensions and keep our momentum going on a small nucleus of players. Other teams have done that in the past. I'm sure Reading were successful one year under Steve Coppell with a small squad.

Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:13 pm

You wont get 5-6 players mate. Malky is very particular about who he will bring in, if they don't tick EVERY box in his criteria, then he will simply say no. Macheda is a prime example, was consulted that the lad can be a neg, and could affect the precious atmosphere we have within the squad, so said, nah...don't want him.

On the plus side to my comments, the 2-3 players I believe that will come in will have the value of the 5-6 you want to come on in...and more! Plus learning of MM shrewedness in the market, probably half the price too.

Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:38 pm

the jacks didnt really strengthen that much last season im not sure about norwich or qpr mind. i think malky will look for 3 players but ones that can play in 2 positions

Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:14 pm

Taff on the Mersey wrote:You wont get 5-6 players mate. Malky is very particular about who he will bring in, if they don't tick EVERY box in his criteria, then he will simply say no. Macheda is a prime example, was consulted that the lad can be a neg, and could affect the precious atmosphere we have within the squad, so said, nah...don't want him.

On the plus side to my comments, the 2-3 players I believe that will come in will have the value of the 5-6 you want to come on in...and more! Plus learning of MM shrewedness in the market, probably half the price too.

Since the reserve bench has been downgraded by 29% I would think the loan signings will be down as well. It will be interesting to see by just what percentage.

Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:08 pm

Thats the problem Taff on the Mersey...i don't think its possible to tick every box,professional footballers are human and humans are not perfect,i hope Malky is not looking for perfection you just got to find players who tick most of the boxes