Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Super Kev our best player v brum?

Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:12 pm

Thoughts?

Re: Super Kev our best player v brum?

Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:15 pm

Id say the worst! name me a player who played worse?

dont get me wrong he was knackered and battled through but the first half he was a liability.

Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:19 pm

I agree, only city player to be named in the championship team of the week tho :?

Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:19 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Thoughts?

No, he wasn't, in my opinion. He has been Player Of The Year, or close to it, every season he's been with us and he just had a poor game against Brum. If he's fit, I'm sure he'll play a blinder against the south London scruffs on Saturday.

Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:24 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:

No, he wasn't, in my opinion. He has been Player Of The Year, or close to it, every season he's been with us and he just had a poor game against Brum. If he's fit, I'm sure he'll play a blinder against the south London scruffs on Saturday.

Nedd.. the question was about the Brum game not the season as a whole. And even you alluded to the fact he was pants yesterday especially first half.

Season as a whole, he has been fantastic. He still needs to eliminate a few moments of madness though.

Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:26 pm

not kevs best game but hes allowed one or two :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:28 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I agree, only city player to be named in the championship team of the week tho :?

In my opinion this shows the league are absolutely paying no attention to us and theyve looked at the table and form guide and said we surely have to include a cardiff city player this week for a change, now whos their player of last season ?

I love kev too bits but he was awful first half against brum,he really looked unfit which is hardly surprising the amount of graft he puts in,he was gesturing to the bench a few times,and its the first time ive seen him not immediataly bomb back into position after going forward,

will bounce back against millwall though im sure :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Last edited by englishbluebird on Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:28 pm

marcpccfc wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

Nedd.. the question was about the Brum game not the season as a whole. And even you alluded to the fact he was pants yesterday especially first half.

Season as a whole, he has been fantastic. He still needs to eliminate a few moments of madness though.

I know, I was just saying that I'm not going to judge him too harshly, given all the years of great service he's given us. I also think he's put in the usual effort so far this season.

Yesterday, I thought he was pants, but there aren't many times I've said that about him since he's been with us.

Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:30 pm

Sorry but Kev is overrated, yes he can run all day, but his distribution is woeful, crossing even worse. Not saying he isnt good because he is, just some of our fans think he's a superstar. Awful yesterday but gave his all which is all you can ask

Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:38 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:Sorry but Kev is overrated, yes he can run all day, but his distribution is woeful, crossing even worse. Not saying he isnt good because he is, just some of our fans think he's a superstar. Awful yesterday but gave his all which is all you can ask

I think most city fans agree about kevs poor passing and distribution but especially last season when our so called best and most talented players were going through the motions ,kev absolutely carried the side at times and gave it 110% win,lose or draw
he will always be a fan fave and im pretty sure will eventually(not yet) be considered a city legend

Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:45 pm

englishbluebird wrote:
CraigCCFC wrote:Sorry but Kev is overrated, yes he can run all day, but his distribution is woeful, crossing even worse. Not saying he isnt good because he is, just some of our fans think he's a superstar. Awful yesterday but gave his all which is all you can ask

I think most city fans agree about kevs poor passing and distribution but especially last season when our so called best and most talented players were going through the motions ,kev absolutely carried the side at times and gave it 110% win,lose or draw
he will always be a fan fave and im pretty sure will eventually(not yet) be considered a city legend

Agreed. All effort, but doesn't necessarily have all the skills we'd like him to possess.

By the end of this season, it may be that some of us view him less favourably, due to the fact that the whole team now is all effort, so he won't stand out for that reason.

Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:12 pm

Kev certainly has his faults but I believe he more than makes up with it with effort, determination and energy.
I think people notice his crossing more because he makes so many more crosses, he makes an unreal effort to get up and down the flanks.

If he could pass and cross then no doubt we would have lost him a long time ago. Yesyerday was the worst I can remember him playing probably but everyone is allowed a off day

Just I find it interesting he was in the Championship team of the week the one week he actually under performs. Next game he will have a stormer and not be in it at all.

Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:15 pm

We've changed the way we play.
Kev gets forward like a wide man.
Cowie covers,same on other flank Conway protects the full back.
Last season you could drive 2 buses between the full backs and wide men.
If Kev can improve his distribuation hw will soon be Super kev again. :old:

Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:04 pm

No, that was one his worst performances. Naylor and turner were our best players.....oh, and Malky for his half time team talk.

Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:16 pm

Ben Turner was our best player yesterday. Followed by Kenny, Whitts and Lee Naylor.

Kev had one of his poorer games. Every time he tried to pass he seemed to give the ball away - and too often allowed Brum to break on us. No that it caused much damage in the end - they were very bad going forward.

Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:18 pm

THE WHOLE TEAM WERE AMAZING!!
the work rate was superb, in what was a dull game where two teams cancelled each other out for 60mins, a refereeing shocker changed it in our favour.

Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:45 am

milly44 wrote:THE WHOLE TEAM WERE AMAZING!!
the work rate was superb, in what was a dull game where two teams cancelled each other out for 60mins, a refereeing shocker changed it in our favour.
SERIOUS POST ALERT!!!!!!!!