Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Raining on Malkys parade

Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:22 pm

Let me say from the outset that this Cardiff City side is proving me wrong,i said when the season started that i did not thing it was good enough to sustain a promotion push,i am more than pleased to eat my words and say i was wrong but(you rosies knew that word was coming) but we picked up injuries to 3 key players yesterday injuries that could keep them out of action for at least a week or more,it doesn't take a genius to work out that our paper thin squad can not take further injuries to key players without it impacting on our promotion push so I'm going to rain on Malky's parade by saying i really hope his inability to strengthen the squad when the loan window was open does not come back to bite us all on the bum

Re: Raining on Malkys parade

Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:36 pm

angelis49 wrote:Let me say from the outset that this Cardiff City side is proving me wrong,i said when the season started that i did not thing it was good enough to sustain a promotion push,i am more than pleased to eat my words and say i was wrong but(you rosies knew that word was coming) but we picked up injuries to 3 key players yesterday injuries that could keep them out of action for at least a week or more,it doesn't take a genius to work out that our paper thin squad can not take further injuries to key players without it impacting on our promotion push so I'm going to rain on Malky's parade by saying i really hope his inability to strengthen the squad when the loan window was open does not come back to bite us all on the bum

Let's see where we are after playing Reading at home on the 2nd of Jan, then post this again. Too early to say just yet, but I see where you're coming from.

My prediction for December was that we'll get 6 points, but we've already got 3, so we might do better than I thought. If we beat Millwall on Saturday, then we're doing fine, in my opinion. I still think we need another 5 or 6 players, just to have some fresh legs now and again in the long months ahead.

Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:39 pm

I think i can safely assume that i am one of the rosie's you're talking about. well mate i think we can both say that we are happy that you have been wrong so far as we both want what is best for cardiff city.
on the subject of loans you may be right but i believe (though i'm yet to be proved right) that malky not bringing in loan signings was another master stroke on his part. he had his targets but when they didnt materialise he moved on and didnt panic. since then we have won 2 league games and a cup game. We now realistically have 5 league games until we can bring in some fresh faces to add to the squad. After january 2nd we have 12 days until our next league game and i hope malky brings in playeras in this window.
i really hope malky doesnt opt for proven players but goes for players in the mould of mason and rudy who can be called upon when needed and develop into future gems for city.
Gunnarsson looks as though he'll be fine for next week and mcphail and taylor should be fit as well so though it's disappointing for gerrard and kiss we do have cover in these positions

Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:45 pm

angelis49 wrote:Let me say from the outset that this Cardiff City side is proving me wrong,i said when the season started that i did not thing it was good enough to sustain a promotion push,i am more than pleased to eat my words and say i was wrong but(you rosies knew that word was coming) but we picked up injuries to 3 key players yesterday injuries that could keep them out of action for at least a week or more,it doesn't take a genius to work out that our paper thin squad can not take further injuries to key players without it impacting on our promotion push so I'm going to rain on Malky's parade by saying i really hope his inability to strengthen the squad when the loan window was open does not come back to bite us all on the bum

Have to agree. Malky (seemingly for his own reasons) was unable to bring players in.
As we now know, one decided the Championship wasnt for him, and one appeared to
have the wrong attitude. Malky is striking a very fine balance right now. He is sending
a message to the current squad that he has faith in them all (commendable)... But we
dont have another Miller/Gunnarsson Whittingham or Turner!!

General wear and tear is my biggest fear. Bigger squads can rest key players at certain
times if they're looking jaded. Not sure we can.

Without new blood January, I dont think we are strong enough in depth to maintain this
challenge. With a couple of 'malky-type' signings.. we WILL go up with West Ham