Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Kelly's Tribute?

Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:19 am

That tribute that Kelly Jones did on the BBC regrading Gary Speed. Is is going to be made available on general release? I'd love to have a copy of it. Now you could rip it off but I don't want to do that I'd much rather have an official version with the money going to a charity of some sort.

Anyone know?

Re: Kelly's Tribute?

Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:05 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TxW1aXM ... ture=share Great tribute

Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:08 pm

Very Fitting.

Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:11 pm

i dont like it i hope it isnt played at the ccs to much . i like the original

Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:22 pm

Anyone know if it's going to be released though? Either just released as normal or as a charity record?

Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:43 pm

I loved it, cheekily put it on my phone via YouTube.
Would buy it tho, ESP if it went to charity

Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:18 pm

Berwyn wrote:That tribute that Kelly Jones did on the BBC regrading Gary Speed. Is is going to be made available on general release? I'd love to have a copy of it. Now you could rip it off but I don't want to do that I'd much rather have an official version with the money going to a charity of some sort.

Anyone know?

No idea but I hope not.

f*cking awful.

Who is Kelly Jones anyway? No disrespect but I haven't a clue who that person is. If it's someone on here then fair enough you tried and that has to be applauded but for fucks sake don't give up the day job.

Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:20 pm

Willy the Wombat wrote:
Berwyn wrote:That tribute that Kelly Jones did on the BBC regrading Gary Speed. Is is going to be made available on general release? I'd love to have a copy of it. Now you could rip it off but I don't want to do that I'd much rather have an official version with the money going to a charity of some sort.

Anyone know?

No idea but I hope not.

f*cking awful.

Who is Kelly Jones anyway? No disrespect but I haven't a clue who that person is. If it's someone on here then fair enough you tried and that has to be applauded but for fucks sake don't give up the day job.

A welsh man and Leeds fan who wanted to do something for a football that played for his club and country, whats so hard about that?
I do wonder about our fans sometimes, we have liverpool fans singing 'only one Gary Speed' yet according to our fans others arent allowed to show appreciation doing what they do. Sad

Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:27 pm

Willy the Wombat wrote:

Anyone know?

No idea but I hope not.

f*cking awful.

Lead singer of some band called Stereophonics or something...

Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:04 am

2blue2handle wrote:
Willy the Wombat wrote:

Anyone know?

No idea but I hope not.

f*cking awful.

A welsh man and Leeds fan who wanted to do something for a football that played for his club and country, whats so hard about that?
I do wonder about our fans sometimes, we have liverpool fans singing 'only one Gary Speed' yet according to our fans others arent allowed to show appreciation doing what they do. Sad

Nothing hard, just didn't know.

Aramore has pointed out that the guy is the singer of a band called Sterophonics. I've heard of the name but not heard any of their music so pardon my ignorance. A genuine "not knowing" and by no means a dig. As others have said here the passing of Mr Speed is well, what can you say? I had an Irish colleague nearly in tears offering his condolences, I shit you not as I myself for some bizzare reason was very upset. To the best of my knowledge I don't think I met Mr Speed even though I've been on many an away trip with Wales, have the scars and the depleted bank accounts.

As Welshman, as was Mr Speed, at the next propper game sing his name for 90 minutes? Not a friendly that would be shite, Leeds sang his name for 11 minutes, as you say the scousers respected the Man. To me he gave me back my respect as a Welshman, a Cardiff fan but as one who has traveled widely supporting Wales, expecting a result!!

Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:44 am

Willy the Wombat wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Willy the Wombat wrote:

Anyone know?

No idea but I hope not.

f*cking awful.

Aramore has pointed out that the guy is the singer of a band called Sterophonics. I've heard of the name but not heard any of their music so pardon my ignorance. A genuine "not knowing" and by no means a dig. As others have said here the passing of Mr Speed is well, what can you say? I had an Irish colleague nearly in tears offering his condolences, I shit you not as I myself for some bizzare reason was very upset. To the best of my knowledge I don't think I met Mr Speed even though I've been on many an away trip with Wales, have the scars and the depleted bank accounts.

As Welshman, as was Mr Speed, at the next propper game sing his name for 90 minutes? Not a friendly that would be shite, Leeds sang his name for 11 minutes, as you say the scousers respected the Man. To me he gave me back my respect as a Welshman, a Cardiff fan but as one who has traveled widely supporting Wales, expecting a result!!

You are seriously saying you've never heard a Sterophonics track? Which moon have you been living on for the last 17 years - Dakota? I mean the place you live, there must be more life in a tramps vest. If you never heard of them perhaps you should pick up the paper and see if you know a local boy in a photograph there. I mean your view must be blocked by a thousands tree ffs. Look Mr Writer of this post, do you want me to find you a bartender and a thief who can get you a few tracks. Just looking around would have given you some knowledge of them. Look mate just get your hangbags and glad rags on and have a nice day. Maybe tomorrow I'll find some tracks for you but until then stop crying your heart out. You might not know or like Kelly but as long as we beat the English we don't care.

Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:03 am

publicity

Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:38 pm

Berwyn wrote:
Willy the Wombat wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Willy the Wombat wrote:

Anyone know?

No idea but I hope not.

f*cking awful.

You are seriously saying you've never heard a Sterophonics track? Which moon have you been living on for the last 17 years - Dakota? I mean the place you live, there must be more life in a tramps vest. If you never heard of them perhaps you should pick up the paper and see if you know a local boy in a photograph there. I mean your view must be blocked by a thousands tree ffs. Look Mr Writer of this post, do you want me to find you a bartender and a thief who can get you a few tracks. Just looking around would have given you some knowledge of them. Look mate just get your hangbags and glad rags on and have a nice day. Maybe tomorrow I'll find some tracks for you but until then stop crying your heart out. You might not know or like Kelly but as long as we beat the English we don't care.

:lol: :lol:

I think you may have missed a track or two there.

Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:58 pm

Aramore wrote:
Berwyn wrote:
Willy the Wombat wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Willy the Wombat wrote:

Anyone know?

No idea but I hope not.

f*cking awful.

:lol: :lol:

I think you may have missed a track or two there.

and also, stop crying your heart out is an oasis track! good effort though. I'm going to hurry up and wait for a reply, looking at my goldfish bowl, sending a text to billy daveys daughter. the question we need to ask though...is yesterday tomorrow today?? :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:02 pm

jinks-rct wrote:publicity

What publicity???
He took ten mins out of his life to sing a song for a person a lot of people want to pay tribute. If I was a singer I'd have gladly done the same and it sad knowing people would comment just like you.

Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:59 am

2blue2handle wrote:
jinks-rct wrote:publicity

What publicity???
He took ten mins out of his life to sing a song for a person a lot of people want to pay tribute. If I was a singer I'd have gladly done the same and it sad knowing people would comment just like you.

Yes I agree, it was a silly comment to make. Does Kelly Jones need publicity? And if he did I'm sure he's got far better ways of getting it.

It was nice to know that our Welsh performers can step up and pay tribute like that. There are plenty of others that didn't, so well done Kelly.

I just want it released so that I, along with many others, can throw a few penny's at a charity of some sort. :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:41 pm

Sorry Berwyn I was a tad hasty with my original comment.

As per usual when Willy hates a song it sticks in his head for 24 hours a day seven days a week, humming and singing the same song over and over. Just as old Willy gets to like something, its taken away. Today the nice new government moved me from the left wing of this hotel on the Ilse of Wight to be with the normal people in somewhere called the Dartmoor hotel wherever that is.....

Willy likes it now :ayatollah: