Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Make the family section smaller?

Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:11 pm

I stand in the Canton and I noticed today that the Grange was barely half full. If they took 1 or 2 aisles away from the family section. Do you think it would benefit the attendance? Because a lot of people dont turn up and those seats could be bought by people who might actually turn up. Personally I think a lot of them buy the ST's just to guarantee them a seat for the bigger games (such as West Ham, Saints, Boro etc..) because they are cheap, which really pisses me off.
Any views? Please no criticism, i've seen how childish some people are tonight. Not naming any names.

Re: Make the family section smaller?

Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:45 pm

there r more empty seats in canton end only the middle is full both sides plenty of seat availble i pay the same for my season ticket as you is just kids are cheaper so before you start rearranging the seating look around in canton stand and ask you self where are all the part time fans who pick and chose best games in your end and leave the family stand alone.you should think before you post such a load of bollocks

Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:48 pm

why not just swap the canton and family stand around?

Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:49 pm

SamCCFC1927 wrote:why not just swap the canton and family stand around?

theres no way in the world this will happen unfortunately .... been talked about over and over again....

Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:49 pm

it needs to happen mun :lol:

Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:55 pm

whats the point we can not fill the canton stand anyway

Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:57 pm

well in ninian park you had the grandstand one side of the away fans and then the grange end the otherside ,so it be like that in a way? :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:22 am

AM an st in the family stand with my boy...and go down to most games,Been to last 3 games forest,blackburn & today and for every one of these the 3 seats to my right have been empty.When they have been taken earlier in the season were by a few lads 15-16 yrs old -the same lads for every game so would think are sts ,just cant understand why they havent been for last few games bearing in mind the run we are now on. We didnt attend the first couple of games due to hols,and maybe if they were there for those games they felt the same about us.The club should serioiusly consider a buy back scheme for sts who are unable to attend,particularly for the family stand which is apparently the firsty to be sold out but from expeeience seems to have the most empty seats?

Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:26 am

These seats are sold, you can't just move them :?

As for the swap, give it up. Lots of people in the family stand happy and lots of peope in the grange end up. Can't just move people. How would u feel if the swap was the other way??

Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:01 am

SamCCFC1927 wrote:why not just swap the canton and family stand around?

then we have pay for more police at the ground because you idiots cant behave thats why. :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:01 am

aren't the first couple of aisles next to the away support "community seating" and are not season ticket seats so they can expand away allocation for cup games,etc?

Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:05 am

CantonJack wrote:I stand in the Canton and I noticed today that the Grange was barely half full. If they took 1 or 2 aisles away from the family section. Do you think it would benefit the attendance? Because a lot of people dont turn up and those seats could be bought by people who might actually turn up. Personally I think a lot of them buy the ST's just to guarantee them a seat for the bigger games (such as West Ham, Saints, Boro etc..) because they are cheap, which really pisses me off.
Any views? Please no criticism, i've seen how childish some people are tonight. Not naming any names.

This is a very good idea. The first few rows of the family stand (next to the away fans) is the so called Community Section. If this section was moved over to the Ninian then the fans in 116/117/118 could move over to that section and stand all they want.

I also agree that the numbers of season tickets issued to the family section should be reduced and that the terms and conditions should state that the holder(s) should attend at least 75% of games or the card will be stopped.

The good intentions of the club in regard to the family section is being wholly abused and it is about time something was done to stop this practise.

Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:06 am

CantonJack wrote:I stand in the Canton and I noticed today that the Grange was barely half full. If they took 1 or 2 aisles away from the family section. Do you think it would benefit the attendance? Because a lot of people dont turn up and those seats could be bought by people who might actually turn up. Personally I think a lot of them buy the ST's just to guarantee them a seat for the bigger games (such as West Ham, Saints, Boro etc..) because they are cheap, which really pisses me off.

try sitting in the family stand and you will see all the empty seats in the canton

Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:54 pm

the family section is a bit big but you can't do much about that. i'd love the stand to be switched but it aint gunna happen anytime soon. we've seen the comments from the meetings etc.
if the canton was next to the awya end i'm sure more people would move over to the canton. imo

Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:41 pm

Im ST in the family stand with my mate. We take 4 kids between us and one or 2 of them will always have a party or something else it is very rare we take all 4 with us. But we have paid them, they are not free costs about £35 each as you have to join childs club and pay admin fee's etc. As been mentioned above the Canton end looks half empty every game around the sides so plenty of space there need to start filling that end up before we start moaning about empty seats in family end

Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:04 pm

Even if you swap the Canton around with the family stand, the problem will still exist. I think one of the major issues is, the price of a season ticket in the family stand; at present a season ticket for juniors is £51, they will probably come to the "so called big games." Without really losing money compared to sitting on other stands.

I think the club should put a quota of how many season tickets should be sold in the family stand, and sell the rest to the public, otherwise we be preventing young bluebirds coming to a game. Or alternatively, we may have to increase the price of season tickets in the family stand, so that they come to games and dont feel that their season ticket is a waste.

But answer to your question, I think the club shouldnt make the family stand smaller, but change the policies in regards to how the season tickets are sold. As I said, a quota should be in place, or a policy in which if you miss 3 home games in a row, your season card will be cancelled (I know its extreme, but something needs to be done) or the ability to resell your matchday seat back to the club