Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" ANNIS STATED EARLIER "

Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:45 pm

That he believes up to 5,000 season ticket holders did not turn up for the game against Birmingham today.

We have 18,000 season ticket holders.
There was 1,000 Birmingham fans at the game.
A walk up crowd of 3,000 took the attendance to 22,000

If none of the season ticket holders turned up they would still be counted. This is not a post to have a go at anyone who misses games but just to show how the figures work out. The figures stated are approximate.

Re: ANNIS STATED EARLIER

Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:49 pm

carlccfc wrote:That he believes up to 5,000 season ticket holders did not turn up for the game against Birmingham today.

We have 18,000 season ticket holders.
There was 1,000 Birmingham fans at the game.
A walk up crowd of 3,000 took the attendance to 22,000

If none of the season ticket holders turned up they would still be counted. This is not a post to have a go at anyone who misses games but just to show how the figures work out. The figures stated are approximate.

Also to show how when people say no way was there 22,000 there today.

And to help Harold Pinta on here work his figures out as he is struggling a bit. :ayatollah:

Re: ANNIS STATED EARLIER

Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:50 pm

i am in the canton and you can clearly see that the majority of these missing season ticket holders are based in the family stand. strange though as the club are doing a lot for that section of the ground!

Re: " ANNIS STATED EARLIER "

Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:53 pm

Winter months they will be back in the spring.

Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:07 pm

The team and our manager deserves a better attendance thats for sure :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:36 pm

It's our 3rd home game in a week and we're only a few weeks away from Christmas, that makes it an expensive week at a time of year where most people are already financially stretched. It still costs season ticket holders money to go to games, travel, food and drink can easily set a family back £30+ per game.

Add in the fact that it was a midday kick off on a Sunday and I'm not surprised we were missing a few thousand fans. I almost didn't bother going myself.

I think we'll see a big crowd at the next two home games, it's just a shame we don't have a home game over the Christmas period.

Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:39 pm

miss our boxing day game against plymouth... :ayatollah:

gutted to miss a xmas fixture this yr, working on the 17th and the stupid ko time on boxing day away is a joke.. :x

then working again new years eve so wont see another game now until 2012 :o :shock: :cry:

Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:02 pm

missed the game because i HAD to go to work. go to every home game as you know. i've let the team down :( :lol:

Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:44 pm

The Family Stand looked half empty, :shock: :shock:

Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:21 pm

family stand being abused.Parents getting cheap tickets as they have kids ,then the kids dont turn up.

Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:40 pm

I stated in one of my earlier posts, that one of the reasons I believe that there arent many season ticket holders turning up at the family stand is the price of the season ticket. At present a season ticket for juniors is £51, they will probably come to the "so called big games." Without really losing money compared to sitting on another stand like the Canton, where it could cost £156. If you pay alot more money, your more than willing to turn up to games, since you benefit from it.

I think having low prices on the family stand doesnt do any justice, I believe the cost for under 9's is £11, and they might just turn up for one game, and miss the next 5 games.

In my opinion the club needs to do something about this;I think the club should put a quota of how many season tickets should be sold in the family stand, and sell the rest to the public (on matchday basis), otherwise we be preventing young bluebirds coming to a game. Or alternatively, we may have to increase the price of season tickets in the family stand, so that they come to games and dont feel that their season ticket is a waste. Or alternatively the ability to resell your matchday seat back to the club, or state you wont be attending the game and make it available for someone else.

It would be interesting to see how many season ticket holders from the family stand didnt turn up to the game on sunday compared to rest of the ground?

:ayatollah:

Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:02 pm

stickywicket wrote:family stand being abused.Parents getting cheap tickets as they have kids ,then the kids dont turn up.

How is it being abused? They have purchased a season ticket at the price set by the club.

Before we moan about people not turning up when they HAVE paid their cash to the club, can we get the rest of the stadium sold. The Canton Stand is always half empty when you take in the corners. this is why the club will not even contemplets a buy back scheme for tickets, why bother when there are still 3,000 seats empty even when you take into account a 3 k walk up.

Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:06 pm

i was not there but had my reasons. :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:14 pm

i sit in the family stand and the canton looks empty .

Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:21 pm

They need to do a decent deal for students in the family stand.

There are supposed to be student tickets available there for £15, but seeing as it seems to be completely full of season ticket holders, there are never any going.

If they cut down on the number of season tickets in the family stand, they could easily do some sort of £10 deal for students if they were to link up with the 3 unis in the area. For those of you that would complain about losing atmosphere, a lot of students who are already football fans get quite into following Cardiff while they're here, and evenings or weekends + a few pints can easily get noisy! Also, the family stand is quiet anyway, so it wouldn't really be taking anything away.

The Cardiff Devils ice hockey team already does this (as well as the Blues and Wales rugby teams), and fills the seats. Seeing as we have one of the best equipped sports-science unis in the UK, it seems silly not to link up!

Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:54 pm

i am in the family stand yes my tickets cost less than other areas but i have taken all the offers the club have come up with to encourage early buyers.I have missed all home games in november because of work and holidays.but that does not make me a bad fan.The canton stand is always more empty than grange stand.So I dont see why people complain about people who buy season tickets and dont attend games or is it just the fact that the family stand get cheaper tickets that upsets them.Students could be given concession in area of canton stand.

Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:47 am

azz_ccfc wrote:I stated in one of my earlier posts, that one of the reasons I believe that there arent many season ticket holders turning up at the family stand is the price of the season ticket. At present a season ticket for juniors is £51, they will probably come to the "so called big games." Without really losing money compared to sitting on another stand like the Canton, where it could cost £156. If you pay alot more money, your more than willing to turn up to games, since you benefit from it.

I think having low prices on the family stand doesnt do any justice, I believe the cost for under 9's is £11, and they might just turn up for one game, and miss the next 5 games.

In my opinion the club needs to do something about this;I think the club should put a quota of how many season tickets should be sold in the family stand, and sell the rest to the public (on matchday basis), otherwise we be preventing young bluebirds coming to a game. Or alternatively, we may have to increase the price of season tickets in the family stand, so that they come to games and dont feel that their season ticket is a waste. Or alternatively the ability to resell your matchday seat back to the club, or state you wont be attending the game and make it available for someone else.

It would be interesting to see how many season ticket holders from the family stand didnt turn up to the game on sunday compared to rest of the ground?

:ayatollah:

Agree mate perhaps an idea may be to lower the turn up on the day to day price and raise the seson ticket price all the unused season tickets are stoping others going