Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

"the good old days"

Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:15 pm

In my time supporting my beloved Cardiff city since 1989 I often hear fans talk about the "good old days"

Ninian park, Leeds fa cup, man city, Nathan Blake, fruit machines, Robin Friday, Brian Clarke, real madrid, 1927, soul crew, the clock, swim away, 50,000, 2,000, kumars, rick wright, Sam hammam etc etc

At the blackburn game, for banter purposes , I started singing "were the famous Cardiff city and were going to wembely" only to be told: " listen mate Ive been supporting Cardiff for years and we could still lose this"!!!!!
Now is that how we move forward or do we continue to talk about "the good old days"

Could these be the days we talk to our children and grand children about??

THESE ARE NOW THE GOOD OLD DAYS!

Enjoy it while it lasts! Hopefully it will last forever!!

I loved ninian park and our history but these now are THE GOOD OLD DAYS!
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: "the good old days"

Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:33 pm

Excellent post! :ayatollah:
I'm not old enough to have been at Ninian Park in the 80's, 90's and early 21st century. I've only been supporting since 2005 (bad period in my opinion). But these are great times, and from what i've been told these are just like the Eddie May days. Some people should just wake up and realise these times are the ones we'll remember, for my generation anyway. Especially in contrast with last season.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:40 pm

to be honest it was like following two different teams...

a block in the lower grandstand... chesterfield, oldham home, walsall & wrexham away.. etc... smaller crowds, shitter facilities, but i loved it..... home and away...

taking nothing away now though... im loving this season more than i have ever i think... if we just had the atmosphere each and every week it would be perfect...

Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:42 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:to be honest it was like following two different teams...

a block in the lower grandstand... chesterfield, oldham home, walsall & wrexham away.. etc... smaller crowds, shitter facilities, but i loved it..... home and away...

taking nothing away now though... im loving this season more than i have ever i think... if we just had the atmosphere each and every week it would be perfect...

SPOT ON. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

We have the manager/team and support, but no noise :cry:

Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:56 pm

You dont change much Barrie even in the old Days :lol: :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:23 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:You dont change much Barrie even in the old Days :lol: :lol:

Your turning this board into ccmb!!

Ban him :P :P :P

Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:27 pm

Canton stand baz wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:You dont change much Barrie even in the old Days :lol: :lol:

Your turning this board into ccmb!!

Ban him :P :P :P

I do what i want i do what i want that boy Nukie i do what i want :lol: :lol: