Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Naylor a different player this season

Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:37 pm

Looks like he got his mojo back. Always had Burkey in his pocket today, and his distribution was top notch all day long. Does help when you have a man mountain called Ben Turner playing alongside :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Naylor a different player this season

Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:39 pm

Must be a confidence player, when you got a manager who trusts you to play in a game like this instead of shuffling the squad does wonders for your confidence!

Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:39 pm

lets just hope it wasn't a one off :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:40 pm

ihatealiens wrote:Looks like he got his mojo back. Always had Burkey in his pocket today, and his distribution was top notch all day long. Does help when you have a man mountain called Ben Turner playing alongside :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I will only say one sentence on this, MALKY is our manager not Dave Jones,this once again shows how players are better when Jones in not their boss.

Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:42 pm

He did play very well today, but it was only one game. Impossible to judge on one game, but based on that performance I would definately start him against Milwall.

Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:42 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
ihatealiens wrote:Looks like he got his mojo back. Always had Burkey in his pocket today, and his distribution was top notch all day long. Does help when you have a man mountain called Ben Turner playing alongside :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I will only say one sentence on this, MALKY is our manager not Dave Jones,this once again shows how players are better when Jones in not their boss.

Well I wasnt gonna say that because I would be accused as a serial Dave Jones hater :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: which I am. Malky V Moans Ones pure gold the other pure dust :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:46 pm

Don't forget last year he Bellamy acting like a third forward and not supporting him and then screaming at him for every mistake, IMO he shattered his confidence and Cardiff fans also giving him a hard time finished him off. Today he had support and when our players have the ball they always have players not too far away and offering options, this is a far easier team for him to play for than last year with all of the prima donnas.

Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:48 pm

ihatealiens wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Well I wasnt gonna say that because I would be accused as a serial Dave Jones hater :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: which I am. Malky V Moans Ones pure gold the other pure dust :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Well I am also a Dave Jones hater and have been for many a year. :lol:

MALKY HAS SHOCKED and STUNNED ME,BUT MADE ME A VERY HAPPY FAN. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:50 pm

Yep we looking more solid every game I see us. never looked in trouble at all today or on Tuesday night. Bit worried about Gunnarsson and Kiss though. Any news on their injuries?

Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:53 pm

Knowing Naylor as I have since he was a young player, I know what he can do. Today he was much more the Old or should I say young Naylor. I know if he is kept in the team he will start the run like he use to do with Wolves, then we will have 2 backs that can get forward Naylor and Super Kev, and believe me Naylor can really strike a ball also. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:59 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:Knowing Naylor as I have since he was a young player, I know what he can do. Today he was much more the Old or should I say young Naylor. I know if he is kept in the team he will start the run like he use to do with Wolves, then we will have 2 backs that can get forward Naylor and Super Kev, and believe me Naylor can really strike a ball also. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Do you agree the fans and Bellamy's lack of support and quick temper shattered his confidence last year, I remember seeing Bellamy screaming and shaking his head at him many times...

Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:15 pm

math_robz878 wrote:Must be a confidence player, when you got a manager who trusts you to play in a game like this instead of shuffling the squad does wonders for your confidence!

Probably also helps that he hasn't got some of his own team's supporters booing him and only cheering him when he is substituted.

Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:09 pm

Bluebina wrote:
welshcitydragon wrote:Knowing Naylor as I have since he was a young player, I know what he can do. Today he was much more the Old or should I say young Naylor. I know if he is kept in the team he will start the run like he use to do with Wolves, then we will have 2 backs that can get forward Naylor and Super Kev, and believe me Naylor can really strike a ball also. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Do you agree the fans and Bellamy's lack of support and quick temper shattered his confidence last year, I remember seeing Bellamy screaming and shaking his head at him many times...

I think Beller know what he can do, and yes it do get people up set. But we have to remember that if he was as he was when he was at say Wolves or Celtic we would have another top player on our hands, and I think Malky can and have brought it out of him.

Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:10 pm

He really was great today.

The killer ball he played through in the first half was sublime.

Can't believe I am writing this! Well done Lee Naylor...........there I said it :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:52 pm

Will Andrew Taylor get his place back? hes been solid and reliable dont get me wrong but naylor was outstanding today,his left foot distribution gave one of the best defences in the league fits
at least deserves a place on the bench surely

it aint looking good for darcy is it

Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:27 am

Credit where its due i thought he was crap last year but he had a great game today