Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" These are great times to be a Cardiff fan "

Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:42 pm

Every game i go to at the moment i think to myself "i'll be happy to come away with a point today" but this team never ceases to amaze me. Their character, mental strength and will to win is something i have never witnessed in a cardiff team before. last week against forest and today against brum were both games that had 0-0 written all over them but this team driven by the best manager i have seen down the city never accept anything other than victory. I don't want to get too carried away as i know we will have lean spells and may even miss out on a play off place this year. But as i have said before that doesn't bother me i'm just glad that every player who wears our badge this year seems to know 100% what this club means to us and are willing to walk through walls to make us proud.

The management team just fill me with absolute confidence and are incredibly meticulous about everything. Indeed in years gone by i would have been fuming if darcy wasn't getting a sniff after playing so well for his country recently, but this year i can honestly say if malky doesn't think he's good enough then well he cant be good enough.

My plea to everyone on here (including Midfield General) is to get behind the club (and that includes the Malaysians who i think have totally honourable thus far) 100% this season and lets just see where it takes us.

All the things we complained about in the jones era have been rectified under malky and times like these may not come around too often, i leave every game happy as a pig in shit at the moment and if i'm honest the only thing that depresses me at the moment to do with this club is when i come on here and realise that not every cardiff fan is as thrilled as me with what is going on at our club.

Last year i would always be thinking who can we buy to fill this position etc. this year i find myself thinking i wonder if malky can bring any other academy boys through to emulate joe ralls.

these are happy times lads and lasses and we should cherish them :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: These are great times to be a Cardiff fan

Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:50 pm

Totally agree

:ayatollah: We are on great form and long may it continue.
Realistically thought we will get a dodgy patch at some point, I think every club will but I just pray our fans keep cheering the lads on and dont get on there backs like last season. These players work so hard for us that they deserve the respect unlike those last season.

Re: These are great times to be a Cardiff fan

Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:51 pm

It's great to be able to clap the players off at the end of the game and leave the ground with a big grin on your face :)

I just hope that when we do inevitably go through a bad patch at some point, that people will remember these times and give the players and manager 100% support to get us through it, not start getting on their backs at the first sign of a loss of form.

It's a great time to be a City fan right now.

Re: " These are great times to be a Cardiff fan "

Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:14 pm

I've never known a time since i started going to watch the city in the early 80's, where i have confidence in the team.

I think there are a lot, just waiting for a bubble to burst as they cant cope with this new strength and have been institutionalised by heartbreak and failure.
Remember previous seasons for us fans.....
Are we going bust? f**k me we got Bellamy?We've the best squad in the league! We've got no squad depth....

My heart was up and down like a milkmans fcuking handbrake!!!!

Now when you see posts about BRUM in financial trouble and see what sunderland and blckburn fans are done/doing to their managers - Leicester sacking erickson and probably jewel next - it is heartwarming to know that we may by on the right track.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:20 pm

I've seen us twice at home this season .... Bristol City and Barnsley so not great opposition but convincing wins,

Just also hav a confidence that wen we are winning it's gonna stay that way!!

As u say a togetherness. A will to win and aim for the win and patience !!!

Two managers went head to head today at CCS that were both in the running for our managers vacancy in the summer and by far we have the better one!!!
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:39 pm

Why was this post removed from the Sticky's?? It's got to be one of the best posts i've seen on here for a while!!

Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:10 pm

Totally agree and an excellant post :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:22 pm

Cos mate i'd for you to just enjoy watching cardiff city instead of getting involved in all the bull shit you get involved in. it honestly gets me down

Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:28 pm

Midfield general wrote:
thehumblegringo wrote:Every game i go to at the moment i think to myself "i'll be happy to come away with a point today" but this team never ceases to amaze me. Their character, mental strength and will to win is something i have never witnessed in a cardiff team before. last week against forest and today against brum were both games that had 0-0 written all over them but this team driven by the best manager i have seen down the city never accept anything other than victory. I don't want to get too carried away as i know we will have lean spells and may even miss out on a play off place this year. But as i have said before that doesn't bother me i'm just glad that every player who wears our badge this year seems to know 100% what this club means to us and are willing to walk through walls to make us proud.

The management team just fill me with absolute confidence and are incredibly meticulous about everything. Indeed in years gone by i would have been fuming if darcy wasn't getting a sniff after playing so well for his country recently, but this year i can honestly say if malky doesn't think he's good enough then well he cant be good enough.

My plea to everyone on here (including Midfield General) is to get behind the club (and that includes the Malaysians who i think have totally honourable thus far) 100% this season and lets just see where it takes us.

All the things we complained about in the jones era have been rectified under malky and times like these may not come around too often, i leave every game happy as a pig in shit at the moment and if i'm honest the only thing that depresses me at the moment to do with this club is when i come on here and realise that not every cardiff fan is as thrilled as me with what is going on at our club.

Last year i would always be thinking who can we buy to fill this position etc. this year i find myself thinking i wonder if malky can bring any other academy boys through to emulate joe ralls.

these are happy times lads and lasses and we should cherish them :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Great post but why include me in on it..? Completely let yourself down.

I would imagine he's included you because all you ever do is critisise the club. Your the most miserable person i have ever had the misfortune of coming accross.
Another great win for City today and all you can do is come on here and post rubbish. Having a go at Taffyapple just because you cant put an argument against him on ANY matter.
Do yourself a favour and go back to supporting Merthyr. Then again i'm being out of order to Merthyr here because they probably dont want your miserable, pathetic face around the place.

Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:24 am

Spot on mate onwards and upwards :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:49 am

Hopefully lads us fans will be more patient if we go through a bad patch. there certainly does seem to be a different vibe among the fans this year and the last two games have proved that we are certainly more patient with.this team than in previous years. i'm loving every game at the moment and there's definitely something special about a 1-0 victory :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:05 am

i was listening to the game on the radio yesterday and that Leroy Resignor (lol or however its spelt!) mentioned that he noticed a massive difference in the Cardiff fans. that last season the fans would have become very impatient with it bein nil nil or things not happening on the pitch but he noticed how patient and behind the team the fans are these days.

it feeds through to the players though which has a huge effect.

i think its a great time to be anything related to Cardiff City FC!! :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:16 am

thehumblegringo wrote:Every game i go to at the moment i think to myself "i'll be happy to come away with a point today" but this team never ceases to amaze me. Their character, mental strength and will to win is something i have never witnessed in a cardiff team before. last week against forest and today against brum were both games that had 0-0 written all over them but this team driven by the best manager i have seen down the city never accept anything other than victory. I don't want to get too carried away as i know we will have lean spells and may even miss out on a play off place this year. But as i have said before that doesn't bother me i'm just glad that every player who wears our badge this year seems to know 100% what this club means to us and are willing to walk through walls to make us proud.

Excellent post. These days are tinged with sadness due to certain deaths in recent months, but all things football with the famous Cardiff City are great, up to this point.

I went to Reading the other week, on one of the Forum buses and the whole day out was such good fun, it took me back to the 80s (albeit I had one of my children in tow this time around). I appreciate we didn't have the success or quality on the pitch in those days that we have now, but we (the fans) still know how to party and we still have the camaraderie that we had back then.

We're still missing something at home, in terms of atmosphere, but it's starting to build and it will get better by the end of the season. I've noticed where I sit that my outbursts of shouting or chanting for my team aren't as frowned upon as they have been and I even heard some of the grumpies nearby cheering yesterday.

"These are great times to be a Cardiff fan" - damn right.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:08 pm

I second that - what a great post!

For the first time in many seasons I feel a buzz when I watch City.

Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:21 pm

Great post!!

GOD f*cking forbid, that Vincent Tan decides to f**k off from Cardiff City and leave
us in the shit, then say that the millions he put in were actually not his, but a loan!!
... and he wants it all back!! There's your worse case scenario right there... But the
fact he has been prudent with his spending suggests otherwise (surely???)

I cant help get the impression that one or two are PRAYING to be proved right re: their
Malaysian theories.. thats sad. Because it means they would sooner see Cardiff City in
the shit than be proved wrong.

As for Joe Ralls - Joe Mason.

There's fifteen million+ in the bank over the next three years :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Onwards and upwards.

Or as they say in Malaysia.... Kint ond arat mohk bah Malay Cardiff City san :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: