Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Player Rating v Brum

Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:38 pm

Match thoughts and ratings

Marshall 7 – Hard to judge as he did nothing really. Good kicking, did well on corners.
Naylor 8 – Quick and strong in the tackle, passing was top class and looked really up for it – delighted
Turner 8 – Getting better and better, good in the tackle and will win it all in the air
Gerrard 8 – Im not his biggest fan but did well today
Kev 5 – Poor, solid defensively but passing and crossing was truly awful. A day to forget.
Cowie 7 – Worked hard, used the ball well, standard Cowie game really
Kiss 7 – Few dodgy passes but so competitive and strong. Sign him up
Witts 8 –kept things ticking over, moved with the ball and unlucky not to score
Gunnarsson 8 – Im a big fan and shame to see him go off, gets that second ball and uses it well
Conway 6 –I like him. Could hear people having a go at him which is a shame when everyone is working so hard for the team. Think he need a goal but covers the fullback so well and got the cross in that lead to the goal.
Milller 8 – Now looking like the Miller I expected, works his socks off and has that sharpness about him. Good finish for the goal

SUBS
Hudson 7 – class act when he came on
Ralls 6 – did nothing wrong at all, good on the ball
Mason 6 – looked a little lethargic at times but ok

NAYLOR V BURKE
When I heard the team announced I thought OMFG, im by no means a Naylor hater and stuck up for him last season. But Naylor is not a player that likes direct players running at him and you don’t get much more direct than Chrisy Burke, it had Disaster written all over it. Personally I would have swapped Kev to the left and brought in Quinn......I had no need to worry. Naylor was exceptional, quick with the tackle, quick to block, Burke didn’t have a sniff all game. Naylors distribution throughout was also excellent (which Is why I used to say he could play wide). A number of times he found Miller with clever passes and his engine was top class.
Question is if Taylor is fit next game who plays?

Re: Player Rating v Brum

Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:44 pm

agree with those...

thought kev was playing quite high up the pitch today and looked uncomfortable...

i to thought the same with naylor, and i will now happily take my foot out of my mouth!!

Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:35 pm

My only disagreement is Conway' compare his contribution to Burke who following your logic would get a 2

Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:54 pm

Taffs Well Blue wrote:My only disagreement is Conway' compare his contribution to Burke who following your logic would get a 2

Burke deserved about a 4, he did nothing.

Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:09 pm

Naylor defo my MOTM :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: