Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

traffic held up for away fans to go home

Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:04 pm

i left at the final whistle and was stuck in the carpark while stewards blocked all traffic going out until the brum buses were ready to leave. 20 minutes later they led the brum coaches straight out. 40 minutes after that i was still only behind greggs/costa coffee :twisted:
it isnt the first time but after today im thinking about leaving 5min early at future games :(
why cant the away fans be made to wait till us home fans leave we should get priority whoever designed the carparks and sliproads must have a pushbike as main transport

Re: traffic held up for away fans to go home

Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:08 pm

jinks-rct wrote:i left at the final whistle and was stuck in the carpark while stewards blocked all traffic going out until the brum buses were ready to leave. 20 minutes later they led the brum coaches straight out. 40 minutes after that i was still only behind greggs/costa coffee :twisted:
it isnt the first time but after today im thinking about leaving 5min early at future games :(
why cant the away fans be made to wait till us home fans leave we should get priority whoever designed the carparks and sliproads must have a pushbike as main transport

is there a reason why you need to park so close to the ground?? if not, a 5 min walk or so will get you on your way much quicker.. .. from final whistle to door takes me around 35-40 mins with walk to the car and drive back to blackwood ...

Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:17 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:
jinks-rct wrote:i left at the final whistle and was stuck in the carpark while stewards blocked all traffic going out until the brum buses were ready to leave. 20 minutes later they led the brum coaches straight out. 40 minutes after that i was still only behind greggs/costa coffee :twisted:

is there a reason why you need to park so close to the ground?? if not, a 5 min walk or so will get you on your way much quicker.. .. from final whistle to door takes me around 35-40 mins with walk to the car and drive back to blackwood ...

i used to but with a young family i'd rather park close

Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:25 pm

jinks-rct wrote:

i used to but with a young family i'd rather park close

fair comment .... ill prob do the same when the boy starts getting older...

Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:26 pm

One of my main issues with the CCS is the people rushing to leave 5 mins before the end.

It seems extremely rude to ther team, the manager and the rest of your fans.
I often see the kids stand empty and only half the stadium bothering to clap off our boys -who are clapping at us at the end of the game.
Then Malky clapping and raising an arm whilst we clap him off last.

What must they be thinking when they look up after a hard fought game to see their supporters, not cheering in appreciation, but legging it as quick as they can.
How can someone leave even before the end -is the call of a pint or the misses that strong??!!

I drove to the Blackburn game, clapped them off, strolled to my car in canton and went home with no traffic jam whatsoever.

Whats the rush Jinx? you dont go to the cinema to see a film and walk out before the end.

There is always a chance that police will do this at CCS as (as per usual with councils and private developments) the development hasnt been planned correctly. A mass of shops and a stadium, joining on to a main route out and in to the city.
Would be nice if they did a park and ride by junction 33 M4 services.

Great win again though - worth staying and clapping the boys for ;) :ayatollah: ;) :ayatollah: :P :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:30 pm

eddiep wrote:One of my main issues with the CCS is the people rushing to leave 5 mins before the end.

I often see the kids stand empty and only half the stadium bothering to clap off our boys -who are clapping at us at the end of the game.

What must they be thinking when they look up after a hard fought game to see their supporters, not cheering in appreciation, but legging it as quick as they can.
How can someone leave even before the end -is the call of a pint or the misses that strong??!!

I drove to the Blackburn game, clapped them off, strolled to my car in canton and went home with no traffic jam whatsoever.

Whats the rush Jinx? you dont go to the cinema to see a film and walk out before the end.

There is always a chance that police will do this at CCS as (as per usual with councils and private developments) the development hasnt been planned correctly. A mass of shops and a stadium, joining on to a main route out and in to the city.

Great win again though - worth staying and clapping the boys for ;) :ayatollah: ;) :ayatollah: :P :ayatollah:

No traffic jam?! I was stuck there for the best part of 40 minutes after the game ended :lol:

Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:37 pm

eddiep wrote:One of my main issues with the CCS is the people rushing to leave 5 mins before the end.

Absolutely agree with this. The club were supposed to be talking to the council, Cardiff Bus, Arrive Trains Wales etc to try to solve the problem of congestion after the games causing people to leave earlier and earlier every week. So far what have they come up with? Closing the nearest train station to the ground, making it even less convinient to use public transport than it was before!!!

Why no park and rides? Why no shuttle buses to and from town? Why no deals for ticket holders for cheap train/bus fares?

Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:43 pm

harold pinta wrote:

Absolutely agree with this. The club were supposed to be talking to the council, Cardiff Bus, Arrive Trains Wales etc to try to solve the problem of congestion after the games causing people to leave earlier and earlier every week. So far what have they come up with? Closing the nearest train station to the ground, making it even less convinient to use public transport than it was before!!!

Why no park and rides? Why no shuttle buses to and from town? Why no deals for ticket holders for cheap train/bus fares?

I know, its as if we must have super brains and have stumbled upon an answer!!! :lol:
or is it that there is no-one with any skill in the club to pull this together and get the key people around a table to form a plan.
Ity aint rocket science - bus, train and car.
They do it for christmas shoppers :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:47 pm

trains def need sorting... they were supposed to be putting valley trains on direct to grangetown etc... but this hasnt happened and the train today would have got us to grangetown at 1235... great

Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:22 pm

I go for a KFC after the game because of this problem.

Last season the car park would be empty by the time I had finshed my KFC. This season the cars are still queuing to get out as I leave the KFC. To me it sounds like the club have introduced some policy, most likely to let the away fans leave first, and it is not working as far as I am concerned.

Perhaps a meeting with the CEO is in order.

Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:53 pm

whats the rush? well i have 2 kids that need to get home to bed on school nights so sitting there an hour after the game isnt really a good option. parking my car a mile away isnt great either if its windy and pissing with rain.
up until today on weekend games i stay till the end but from the final whistle to my house it took me 2 hours and 10mins :( sitting in a mile long line of traffic for over an hour just to get a few hundred yards is f*cking murderous.

Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:56 pm

jinks-rct wrote:whats the rush? well i have 2 kids that need to get home to bed on school nights so sitting there an hour after the game isnt really a good option. parking my car a mile away isnt great either if its windy and pissing with rain.
up until today on weekend games i stay till the end but from the final whistle to my house it took me 2 hours and 10mins :( sitting in a mile long line of traffic for over an hour just to get a few hundred yards is f*cking murderous.

Over 2 hours! Where do you live?

Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:00 pm

Like a lot of you on here, was also held up today,(after seeing Malky leave the field) but I choose to pay and park at the stadium. I also tavel to quite a few away games with the supporters club and are grateful that the stewards and police at the away grounds we go to also allow us to get away by holding up the home traffic so we can leave there area ASAP. Remember that 90%+ of home fans will be sat at home, feet up watching TV when away fans are still a long way from home on the motorway network.
For those that travel away will know what I mean.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:13 am

harold pinta wrote:
jinks-rct wrote:whats the rush? well i have 2 kids that need to get home to bed on school nights so sitting there an hour after the game isnt really a good option. parking my car a mile away isnt great either if its windy and pissing with rain.

Over 2 hours! Where do you live?

aberdare. :twisted:

Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:41 am

you arent supposed to park in asda ,costa ,next , :car parks anyway :o :o :evil:

Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:13 am

DEANO wrote:you arent supposed to park in asda ,costa ,next , :car parks anyway :o :o :evil:

im allowed :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:23 am

Agree with Glagoedblue. It's only fair to let the away fans go first. Quite simply, they have got further to go. Also, once they are safely gone, the possibility of trouble is gone too. The journey back from Hull, after losing 2-1 with a diabolical decision, was bad enough, without having to hang about. Unless we get outbreaks of car park rage among our own fans. What's the big hurry? We complain if the players and manager don't acknowledge us, surely they deserve our applause as well.

Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:54 am

were do you park :ayatollah: mate.. im always getting done

Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:41 pm

A Few Points

Their is a traffic problem at the ground and long delays for those that use the clubs car park on regular basis which must be costing the club revenue as I know a few who will no longer use it the situation can only get worse and the club needs to look into it if they are not already doing so

There is the other main car park you can youse not more than 2 min walk to the ground and is straight off the main road so no hold ups

You can park in the retail park but you can only stay for 2 hours

Most trains run direct to and from grange town for the valleys I used the train on Sunday and found it quick and easy but expensive.

Unless your drinking after the game in Cardiff you have a choice leave early or miss train be stuck for a an hour after the game

Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:16 pm

bluewho wrote:A Few Points

Their is a traffic problem at the ground and long delays for those that use the clubs car park on regular basis which must be costing the club revenue as I know a few who will no longer use it the situation can only get worse and the club needs to look into it if they are not already doing so

There is the other main car park you can youse not more than 2 min walk to the ground and is straight off the main road so no hold ups

You can park in the retail park but you can only stay for 2 hours

Most trains run direct to and from grange town for the valleys I used the train on Sunday and found it quick and easy but expensive.

Unless your drinking after the game in Cardiff you have a choice leave early or miss train be stuck for a an hour after the game

by the time i get to cardiff its full

Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:14 pm

I agree. It took me an hour and 20 mins to get home after the Forest game - that's just across Cardiff. Leaving the stadium car park is a disaster.

Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:26 pm

Jinks mate, if im in a rush I park under the flyover by dragon rescue. either tucked up on the mud or one the side of the road. takes mins to walk to the car you straight out and on motorway. i get back to Caerleon in half hour. If im not in a rush I park in ninian carpark and that takes over an hour.

Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:28 pm

milly44 wrote:Jinks mate, if im in a rush I park under the flyover by dragon rescue. either tucked up on the mud or one the side of the road. takes mins to walk to the car you straight out and on motorway. i get back to Caerleon in half hour. If im not in a rush I park in ninian carpark and that takes over an hour.

you should have sent that via pm mate. every f***ker will be there next home game :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
cheers milly i might try there :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:55 pm

jinks-rct wrote:
milly44 wrote:Jinks mate, if im in a rush I park under the flyover by dragon rescue. either tucked up on the mud or one the side of the road. takes mins to walk to the car you straight out and on motorway. i get back to Caerleon in half hour. If im not in a rush I park in ninian carpark and that takes over an hour.

you should have sent that via pm mate. every f***ker will be there next home game :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
cheers milly i might try there :ayatollah:

Im having that!!!

please remove this thread now! ;)