Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

O/T 25th anniversary next year

Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:59 pm

:ayatollah: Where would you suggest i take the old bag :lol: :lol:

Re: O/T 25th anniversary next year

Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:01 pm

BlueAlbert wrote::ayatollah: Where would you suggest i take the old bag :lol: :lol:

Tesco so you don't have to pay the 5p :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:05 pm

carlccfc wrote:
BlueAlbert wrote::ayatollah: Where would you suggest i take the old bag :lol: :lol:

Tesco so you don't have to pay the 5p :ayatollah:

bit sharp there mate :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:12 pm

Lol :ayatollah: venice,barcelona,munich,paris,or Vegas :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:20 pm

BlueAlbert wrote:Lol :ayatollah: venice,barcelona,munich,paris,or Vegas :ayatollah:

what time of yr will it be b??

Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:25 pm

September mate :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:36 pm

BlueAlbert wrote:September mate :ayatollah:

Depends on budget and what you BOTH like to do....

I can highly recommend Las Vegas but would make that a two-stop trip with somewhere like San Francisco or even Sedona, Arizona for a bit of respite after all the excitement....

Nearer home I would suggest Paris or Bruges IF you want to make it romanticin September

Try to book something 'special' whilst you are there (wherever 'there' is) as it will make the trip even more memorable

Personally, I like to see a 'show' or 'theatre' type thing and in Vegas I saw the Cirque du Soleil 'O' Show which was surreal

Whatever you choose I wish you congratulations and best wishes. 25 years a long marriage in these times :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:43 pm

cheers pal :ayatollah: much appreciated

Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:44 pm

Definately Las Vegas and september/october is the best time to go

Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:48 pm

[quote="bluecyw"]Definate??
grand canyon hoover dam??

Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:58 pm

bluecyw wrote:Definately Las Vegas and september/october is the best time to go

vegas every day.... especially that time of yr... depending how long you want to go for need a min of 4-5 nights really...

you could also book to see elton john in concert... amazing performance in vegas...

depending on budget, other wise a nice european city break, like venice, rome, would be good... just a bit pricey in the euro countries at the moment for eating and drinking etc...

Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:01 pm

BlueAlbert wrote:
bluecyw wrote:Definate??
grand canyon hoover dam??

Absolutely!!

Hoover Dam is less cluttered than it used to be thanks to a new superbridge to re-direct traffic and can be visited on your way from Las Vegas into Arizona (if that is what you choose to do) or about 90 mins from Vegas by car.

There is a 15 minute helicopter flight available over the dam, part of Lake Mead and The Colorado River if that is what you like and that is oustanding with a camera in hand :ayatollah:

The Grand Canyon is an absolute MUST and I can again personally recommend you have a look at 'Maverick Helicopter Tours' (find on Google) for your trip. Brand new fleet of Jet Helicopters and some brilliant pilots who make the experience even better (many are Vitnam Vets!! :lol: )

Hotels to stay at are up to personal choice but (again) can recommend 'The Venetian' and/or 'The The Bellagio' but if your budget is tight then maybe 'Hurrahs' (although personally I found that one a bit Blackpoolish for such an event as your 25th)

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:18 pm

cheers lads anymore :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:14 pm

me and the missus went to western canada ,vancouver ,vancouver island ,and drove through the rockies it was our 25th aswell it was just amazing.the scenery just had to be seen to be believed.Hope u have as good a time where ever u choose to go :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:25 pm

This year i went on a crise 15 nights southampton to dublin iceland norway to the fijords then belgium was amazing time. Would also recomend the rockies thats awesome.After 25 years with you she deserves it. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:23 pm

bluebirdrob wrote:This year i went on a crise 15 nights southampton to dublin iceland norway to the fijords then belgium was amazing time. Would also recomend the rockies thats awesome.After 25 years with you she deserves it. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:lol: :lol: :ayatollah: cruise MMmmmm

Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:31 pm

I haven't been there myself, but how about New York?

Everyone I know who's been there, both friends and colleagues, have not had a bad word to say about the place. There's a diamond quarter there, apparently and one of my mates bought his wife a ring there at a knockdown price and had it valued when he got home and realised he had saved a fantastic amount, with a bit of haggling with the old Jewish fella, obviously - but that's how they like it.

It's said to be a great place for adults, but not really for children. I presume it's just the two of you.

:ayatollah: