Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

FLAT ATMOSPHERE TODAY...

Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:58 pm

With most of the ninian having to sit down and brum stopped singing i thought the atmosphere was very poor today...

it took zigic to dive and fain an injury to get some reaction from both sets of fans...

it amazes me why we always need an incident to get things started...

but this sitting down thing when all the away fans are standing is starting to get to me abit...

Re: FLAT ATMOSPHERE TODAY...

Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:00 pm

It pisses me off. I can't watch the game without a steward telling me to sit down (even when there's around 20 people standing in front of me). The atmosphere would be decent if they just let us stand up for 90 minutes.

Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:03 pm

I'd love to stand too, but the club have their hands tied here. If you feel that strongly about standing at football, do something posititve about it.

http://www.fsf.org.uk/petitions/safestanding.php

Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:03 pm

they need to have consistency with this...

how can some weeks 117 can stand, others they cant, yet if they say today on police advice etc... yet they allowed 118 to stand all game...

i just dont get it..

its either all sitting or not...

but with 117 all sat down today it really let the atmosphere and singing down...

Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:06 pm

Come in the Canton Stand lads! :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:09 pm

Canton Stand.
3 years in and I havent sat in my seat once.
:ayatollah:
It aint right but it is what it is.

Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:24 pm

Zabier wrote:Come in the Canton Stand lads! :ayatollah:

im really thinking about it mate, just for enjoyment factor... but i like the current view and proximity to the away fans, however def considering the canton , just depends on what seats they have as dont want to be up in the corners etc...

Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:28 pm

harold pinta wrote:I'd love to stand too, but the club have their hands tied here. If you feel that strongly about standing at football, do something posititve about it.

http://www.fsf.org.uk/petitions/safestanding.php

Cheers mate... just done...

:ayatollah:

Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:35 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:With most of the ninian having to sit down and brum stopped singing i thought the atmosphere was very poor today...

it took zigic to dive and fain an injury to get some reaction from both sets of fans...

but this sitting down thing when all the away fans are standing is starting to get to me abit...

love how people still think not standing has much to do with the atmosphere

Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:40 pm

the canton was pathetic today aswell dont believe the hype

Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:42 pm

jezzy666 wrote:
Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:With most of the ninian having to sit down and brum stopped singing i thought the atmosphere was very poor today...

love how people still think not standing has much to do with the atmosphere

i think it was quite evident today jezzy... i dont sit in 117 however with them sitting down , there was no singing, when the stood up and tried to sing, they were told to sit down....

what do you think we as fans should do to create a better atmosphere... the difference between tues and today was incredible.. maybe the ko time had something to do with it i dont know??

Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:37 pm

early kick offs never help, it was all a bit flat today, historically there would have been an edge to this game but it was flat in the 1st half, and marginally got better in the 2nd half :?

Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:33 pm

jinks-rct wrote:the canton was pathetic today aswell dont believe the hype

Same opinon it was

Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:38 pm

You could try to multi-task .......... sing whilst sat down :lol: :lol:

Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:41 pm

mugsy wrote:You could try to multi-task .......... sing whilst sat down :lol: :lol:

just cant get the full amount of air into my lungs! ;) plus i cant sing for shit, so when standing can blend in!

Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:43 pm

I have to disagree, as I felt that the stewards seemed pretty much anonymous in 117 today, I didn't see any of the usual patrolling up and down the steps and anyone being told to sit down, I was hoping that a new state of leniency has been instructed by the club. The atmosphere was dreadful for most of the game, however it did improve towards the latter stages and ended up half decent, following the goal the Brum supporters went dead quiet, pretty poor show really.

Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:38 am

We're all doomed :(

What a miserable lot :lol:

Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:35 am

Ihave been saying this for the past few years , atmopshere is shite...its a shame, i want the place rocking from start to finish....i really think that all the standers and singers should all go together, it would be amazing

Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:44 am

i looked across and there were loads in the ninian standing but singing

Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:56 pm

the canton stand is a little over hped. don't get me wrong when it gets going, it's brilliant but sometimes it's as dead as the rest of the stands.