Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Early leavers. Again.

Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:52 pm

eddiep wrote:
SamCCFC1927 wrote:to get home quicker :roll:

why?

(none of my business why mate!! :? )
I dunno its just i feel that everyone is rushing to get somewhere.
I'm sure 10 or 20 minutes later won't seriously damage things at home for most fans.
The affect of thousands of you doing it at the CCS does though.

I think players respond to passion. I just wouldnt like it if i busted a gut as a player and the 'famous noisey' cardiff city fans that i came to play for- are both quiet and leave early too.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I wait to the end, by the time I clap the players and MM off the stairs are clear.....Walk to Canton to the car and then most the traffic is gone :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:53 pm

SamCCFC1927 wrote:cause i want to :roll:

That bit I understand. Any reason in particular or do you just prefer being in your house to being at the football?

Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:55 pm

What about those who have a train to catch (more relevant for midweek games)?
What about those who may have work? (some people do work on the weekends you know).
Etc etc etc.

Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:11 pm

harold pinta wrote:Thousands leaving the ground after 80-85 mins again today. I've got no problem with them. If getting home to watch telly or whatever is more important to them than watching the whole game and staying to clap thier appreciation to the players and manager for another gutsy, hard earned performance and yet another 3 points, then that's up to them. Some people just have different priorities *

* Does not apply to elderly or disabled fans.

And what business is it of yours what people do with THEIR time exactly?

Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:13 pm

At least they go at all. That's one way to look at it.

I never do it myself, whether to boo lack of effort or to clap a good effort I will always stay.

Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:16 pm

Minty wrote:
harold pinta wrote:Thousands leaving the ground after 80-85 mins again today. I've got no problem with them. If getting home to watch telly or whatever is more important to them than watching the whole game and staying to clap thier appreciation to the players and manager for another gutsy, hard earned performance and yet another 3 points, then that's up to them. Some people just have different priorities *

People do get awfully touchy when this subject is brought up :lol: As I said in my OP, if people are that desperate to get home in time for Dancing on ice then that's up to them.

Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:21 pm

harold pinta wrote:
SamCCFC1927 wrote:to get home quicker :roll:

For what?

Smash his Mrs' back doors in.

Not that it is your business.

Some people like home.

Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:23 pm

if i prefered staying in my house then going to football why would i go in the 1st place :lol: :roll:

Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:27 pm

SamCCFC1927 wrote:if i prefered staying in my house then going to football why would i go in the 1st place :lol: :roll:

Text off the Mrs saying I'm up for trying that thing with the strap on you have always wanted me to do to you.

You never know.

Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:31 pm

Why do we have to create a thread about this every week? FFS its really sad, if people want to leave early let them, thats their choice, they've paid to come. Its not as if this is a Cardiff only problem, every club has exactly the same situation, GET OVER IT! I always make a point of leaving my seat when the board goes up for added time otherwise I'm waiting 10 - 15 mins just to get out of the exit.

Its pretty sad also that these pointless threads get more replies than actual football related threads.

Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:34 pm

harold pinta wrote:
Minty wrote:

People do get awfully touchy when this subject is brought up :lol: As I said in my OP, if people are that desperate to get home in time for Dancing on ice then that's up to them.

Not touchy at all fella, i stay others don't. It was a question? Do you ever ask the people why they are leaving early? Or just come on hear to moan about it?

Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:34 pm

Its up to the paying fan what he wants to do, everyone has their reasons, are you saying they are not loyal to City ? As your quote some people just have different priorities, seems to refer this ? :shock:
Why just elderly or disabled ?

The fans that I dont like are those who stop going if we are losing,they are the ones who would concern me.
If a fan pays his money and turns up, but has to leave early, why should you question him ?

Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:04 pm

Would you leave a cinema before the credits rolled?

Would you leave a theatre before the play has finished?

For the most part no.

Yet hundreds of people think it's OK to leave a football match early and unlike the other two that can actually affect the outcome of a match.

If a team's a goal down with 5 minutes of added time do you think they're going to try as hard if the fans starts bottling out of there to get home early?

If you can't make the whole game then in some ways you'd be better off not going.

At least that's how I see it.

Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:27 pm

[

If you can't make the whole game then in some ways you'd be better off not going.

Everyone has an an opinion, and in my opinion with a statement like that you are a complete f*cking idiot.

As said, only my opinion..

Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:56 pm

Minty wrote:[

Everyone has an an opinion, and in my opinion with a statement like that you are a complete f*cking idiot.

As said, only my opinion..

Nice to hear a well reasoned response.

What have I said that's unreasonable?

I understand that sometimes circumstances are against you, you get a phone call from work/family and you have to leave early etc. Fair enough everyone has one of those from time to time.

But if you leave the game early for 10-20 minutes earlier travel time then all you're doing is harming your team.

Again exceptions to people who travel by train/bus/live quite far away from the city as some times train/bus times conspire against you and if you live far away and it's a weekend game you do want to get home as early as possible.

Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:53 pm

What i dont understand is they leave the stadium not knowing what the final score is. Last season an old fella in the Grange left five minutes before the final whistle. I saw him the next Day and i said great draw yesterday Chief :D and he said we lost didnt we :shock: :? I said NO we equalised after you left :lol: :lol: :lol: What a plonker went to the game and didnt know the final score.

Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:12 am

I don't understand it myself and it's a pain in the arse when people are moving in front of you has they leave early blocking your view do these people go to the cinema and leave 5 minutes before the end of the film :?:

Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:45 am

maybe we can ask malkey to throw a few fist pumps out when the added time board goes up for the early leavers lol my dad tends to want to leave early but i like to stay so he always says ill meet you down stairs , i have no idea why i think its a gene or something in him

Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:51 am

This thread has become totally pointless now and anybody who has been attending football matches for any length of time know that fans come and go whenever they want to and for any reason and just not at Cardiff but ALL teams , we used to do it on the Bob Bank and stand in the corner for last 5 mins and same goes at CCS except we watch last 5 mins on the TV . Half time pint dictates that my bladder requires emptying after 45 mins :lol:

Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:52 am

Martyn1963 wrote:This thread has become totally pointless now and anybody who has been attending football matches for any length of time know that fans come and go whenever they want to and for any reason and just not at Cardiff but ALL teams , we used to do it on the Bob Bank and stand in the corner for last 5 mins and same goes at CCS except we watch last 5 mins on the TV . Half time pint dictates that my bladder requires emptying after 45 mins :lol:

Spot on Martyn. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:39 am

Forever Blue wrote:
The fans that I dont like are those who stop going if we are losing,they are the ones who would concern me.
If a fan pays his money and turns up, but has to leave early, why should you question him ?

Top post.

Also there are many of those early leavers who turned up for all of the Carling Cup ties, when those who stay until 96th of a league game didn't.

May be the 96ers should be careful about who they are slagging off as the 'early leavers' might just have spent more time watching the Bluebirds than they have and in such circumstances that would highly hypocritical.

Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:58 pm

A lot of people like my self go to straight to work from foot ball i have to be on time and thierfore i have to leave early.
Thier are many valid reasons we dont all have evenings and weekends off and if i had my boy with me i wouldnt want to be stuck for an hour in the car park with a small child would you ?

Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:17 pm

I pay for my ticket Ill do what I like.

if I want to go over to mcdonalds at half time, or leave the game a couple of minutes early to get to the pub / beat the traffic then I will.

I agree its rude to stand in peoples view. i never do that.