Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Early leavers. Again.

Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:57 pm

Thousands leaving the ground after 80-85 mins again today. I've got no problem with them. If getting home to watch telly or whatever is more important to them than watching the whole game and staying to clap thier appreciation to the players and manager for another gutsy, hard earned performance and yet another 3 points, then that's up to them. Some people just have different priorities *

* Does not apply to elderly or disabled fans.

Re: Early leavers. Again.

Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:59 pm

harold pinta wrote:Thousands leaving the ground after 80-85 mins again today. I've got no problem with them. If getting home to watch telly or whatever is more important to them than watching the whole game and staying to clap thier appreciation to the players and manager for another gutsy, hard earned performance and yet another 3 points, then that's up to them. Some people just have different priorities *

It takes the piss and the same excuses are gaurenteed to beat thr traffic bull shit ! i wait till the end for malkys fist pumps and meet my mum in mcdonalds car park and where out of there in 5 minutes sooooo !

Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:11 pm

The Malky fist pumps! :lol:

Never thought I'd say I don't leave until I witness a man's fist pumps!

This is an ongoing debate and will never vanish. People are entitled to do what they want. Some have genuine reasons to leave early, others don't. They all pay for their tickets though so let's not get on their back about it. At least they turn up in the first place. :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:14 pm

you right mate everyone should stay till the end and clap team off .fair play to malky he will not leave pitch untill he sakes hands with every player as they come off then he claps to every stand the mans a legd allready :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:15 pm

Zabier wrote:The Malky fist pumps! :lol:

Never thought I'd say I don't leave until I witness a man's fist pumps!

This is an ongoing debate and will never vanish. People are entitled to do what they want. Some have genuine reasons to leave early, others don't. They all pay for their tickets though so let's not get on their back about it. At least they turn up in the first place. :ayatollah:

i know it makes me laugh, but i cant deny his passion for the club ! :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:15 pm

Zabier wrote:The Malky fist pumps! :lol:

Never thought I'd say I don't leave until I witness a man's fist pumps! :ayatollah:

:lol: :lol: :ayatollah: Agreed, he waits till every player leaves the pitch (Whitts today). So I will wait til he does! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:20 pm

It's their perogative to leave early, but personally I stay the full 90+ mins as how many times have winning or equalising goals been scored in the last couple of mins of games? also lots of people leave their seats 5 mins or so before half time...it seems like getting a pint is more crucial than seeing possible goals scored which is the reason most people go to games in the first place isn't it? Strange but there you are everyone has their reasons I suppose. :?

Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:28 pm

FFS, not again! If people pay their hard earned money for their ticket / season ticket then they can leave after 5 minutes for all I care!

Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:33 pm

harold pinta wrote:Thousands leaving the ground after 80-85 mins again today. I've got no problem with them. If getting home to watch telly or whatever is more important to them than watching the whole game and staying to clap thier appreciation to the players and manager for another gutsy, hard earned performance and yet another 3 points, then that's up to them. Some people just have different priorities *

Its up to the paying fan what he wants to do, everyone has their reasons, are you saying they are not loyal to City ? As your quote some people just have different priorities, seems to refer this ? :shock:
Why just elderly or disabled ?

The fans that I dont like are those who stop going if we are losing,they are the ones who would concern me.
If a fan pays his money and turns up, but has to leave early, why should you question him ?

Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:41 pm

The best example of this I've seen was in the Carling Cup on Tuesday.

This drunk guy turned up in the seat next to me after half time and then five minutes before the end people started leaving so he started trying to start a "It's sad that you're leaving" chant going.

Two minutes later he left himself with three minutes of normal time and three of stoppage to go.

Some people I just don't understand...

Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:44 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Its up to the paying fan what he wants to do, everyone has their reasons, are you saying they are not loyal to City ? As your quote some people just have different priorities, seems to refer this ? :shock:

The fans that I dont like are those who stop going if we are losing,they are the ones who would concern me.
If a fan pays his money and turns up, but has to leave early, why should you question him ?

Why has the post about 5000 st ticket holders not turning up today been deleted. And the thread I started asking why it was deleted has also been deleted?

Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:46 pm

harold pinta wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Why has the post about 5000 st ticket holders not turning up today been deleted. And the thread I started asking why it was deleted has also been deleted?

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=65194

That's the 5000 ST holders thread...

Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:49 pm

My mate left on 85 mins cos he cant walk too well and car was parked near Tesco and he didnt want to be in the crowds coming out plus he had his 7 yr old grandson with him , I left just after added board went up and to watch the final 5 mins on the TV under the Ninian stand . As we do every game , I pay my £399 every year and can do what I want .

Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:51 pm

harold pinta wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Because the thread about 5,000, is still there. :ayatollah:
No need for your other post.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=65194
Now answer my questions please ?

Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:53 pm

Martyn1963 wrote:My mate left on 85 mins cos he cant walk too well and car was parked near Tesco and he didnt want to be in the crowds coming out plus he had his 7 yr old grandson with him , I left just after added board went up and to watch the final 5 mins on the TV under the Ninian stand . As we do every game , I pay my £399 every year and can do what I want .

Of course you can do what you want. Antbody can do what they want. But why did you leave with 5 mins left? Don't you think it shows some respect to clap the players and manager off at the end.

Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:57 pm

They do what they want
They do what they want
Early leavers
They do what they want

:lol:

Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:15 pm

Its everyones right to do what they want.
I cant do it, im on the edge of having a heart attack at the end of most games so leaving early never enters my mind. The one thing that does annoy me though is people queueing to get out early blocking my view of the game :twisted:

Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:35 pm

im sorry....im guilty of leaving with 88 minutes gone......but its the first time i have left before the end this season...i promise i want do it again :D :D :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:38 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Its everyones right to do what they want.
I cant do it, im on the edge of having a heart attack at the end of most games so leaving early never enters my mind. The one thing that does annoy me though is people queueing to get out early blocking my view of the game :twisted:

So true, 2blue :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:39 pm

krabb wrote:im sorry....im guilty of leaving with 88 minutes gone......but its the first time i have left before the end this season...i promise i want do it again :D :D :ayatollah:

Good. See that you don't ;)

Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:40 pm

i left when the board went up and watched the rest on the screen :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:41 pm

It surprises me that they feel the need to leave early during the colder weather, as PLASTIC tends to harden and contract when cooled. The sunnier Summer months are, of course, a different matter when they could MELT if exposed for too long!! :lol: :lol:

SOME will have genuine reasons but I can't understand why others don't stay and applaud the team off the pitch; particularly after a win like today's (and Wednesday's and several others this season!!)
:roll: :roll:

:ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah:
Last edited by Sven on Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:42 pm

SamCCFC1927 wrote:i left when the board went up and watched the rest on the screen :ayatollah:

Why?

Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:43 pm

to get home quicker :roll:

Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:43 pm

harold pinta wrote:
Thousands leaving the ground after 80-85 mins again today. I've got no problem with them. If getting home to watch telly or whatever is more important to them than watching the whole game and staying to clap thier appreciation to the players and manager for another gutsy, hard earned performance and yet another 3 points, then that's up to them. Some people just have different priorities *

Foreverblue wrote
Its up to the paying fan what he wants to do, everyone has their reasons, are you saying they are not loyal to City ? As your quote some people just have different priorities, seems to refer this ?

Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:45 pm

SamCCFC1927 wrote:to get home quicker :roll:

For what?

Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:47 pm

cause i want to :roll:

Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:47 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Its everyones right to do what they want.

Totally agree.

Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:49 pm

Bluebird_in_Barry wrote:FFS, not again! If people pay their hard earned money for their ticket / season ticket then they can leave after 5 minutes for all I care!

Not having a go but I think you miss the point here, mate. If EVERYONE took YOUR view and left after 5 minutes then who would be there to cheer the team on?? (And yes, I know you are talking metaphorically ;) )

It IS up to them but people find it confusing why SOME (certainly not all) turn up at all IF they are not committed to 90 minutes of support (and gratitude at the end) :ayatollah:

The atmosphere is 'restrained' at the best of times at the CCS and Annis and Carl often (correctly) point out that the away crew are fewer in numbers but far more vocal!!

Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:51 pm

SamCCFC1927 wrote:to get home quicker :roll:

why?

(none of my business why mate!! :? )
I dunno its just i feel that everyone is rushing to get somewhere.
I'm sure 10 or 20 minutes later won't seriously damage things at home for most fans.
The affect of thousands of you doing it at the CCS does though.

I think players respond to passion. I just wouldnt like it if i busted a gut as a player and the 'famous noisey' cardiff city fans that i came to play for- are both quiet and leave early too.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: