Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Cardiff City Stadium

Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:00 pm

swansealad69 wrote:Response to the post earlyer where a guy said no one would complain if nike sponsor your club and put up banners,,,
Nike is a company not a country,,ther for nowere near the same thing,
Yes you are owned by Malaysians,and they also sponsor you,however you are not in Malaysia and are still a welsh and british club.
I can't believe ther are some of you who find it ok to cover your ground and club with foreign stuff,off course they will advertise ther country,but allso should remember where the club is and history.
That's my take on it and I'm glad we are not in your position,as they do not seam to be doing to much,and have no natural love for your club,only to advertise ther home to you,,the same went with city fans who wore sheek shit because some billionaire took over,but infairness they have spent a lot of cash and took them to one of the best teams in the world,and allso the guy at qpr as put up cash to move the cub forward?your lot ain't done that much reay with the time they have been ther?only c
try to change the culture of your club.
If thes guys do go what if anything would they have done for you?
I'm not knockinh you or taking the pis,,I don't like you but you are a welsh club not a Malaysian

I really don't understand why there is a difference between Nike sponsorship and Malaysian sponsorship. If you are going down that route then Arsenal wouldn't have called their ground Emirates as that is an airline owned by the Government of Dubai

Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:18 pm

Some comments on here have missed the point .I am and we all should be thankful for the money the Malaysians have and continue to put into are club.

The point i was making was just to have a City crest inside the stadium to personalise it a bit for us fans.The outside is fine the ninian stand with cardiff on the seating is great but when you sit on em its gone.

The new flags in each corner of the ground with malaysia an them in my opinion are ott.I no they sponsor us and thats great but if they just put a city crest inside the ground and make it a bit more personal for us thats all.

The Malaysian theme is just getting more and more in your face now the welsh flag isnt on the replica kit anymore either why?

To me the inside of the stadium is like a new room that has just been plastered but not painted.

If they can stick malaysia up all over the place then I have no doubt they can give us some City crests or what ever its not to much to ask.

I want other fans to see it i want to see it I am proud of the club always have been .Its like ford making a car and not putting ford on the back.

I used to go to ninian as a kid and just to look at the crest above the grandstand gave me so much pride before the players came out.Whats the problem I think they should do it why not.

Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:49 pm

The blues have an agreement that they have a blank/clean stadium so not sure how having a bluebird would work. A welsh flag though would be ideal if someone would be willing to buy one