Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff City Stadium

Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:45 pm

The malaysians have put huge banners up with malaysia on them inside the ground in each corner.

I am well happy with everything at the moment but they are now going overboard with the malaysian thing.

Would be nice to see a welsh banner or the Cardiff City crest instead to personalise are stadium a bit for us fans.

No welsh flag on the replica kit anymore we had that for years what happend to that then.

I no they are trying to promote ccfc in Asia but we are a welsh club not a malaysian club and that should not be forgotten.

We have nothing inside the ground with a ccfc crest or anything welsh just saying it would be nice to have a city crest or 2 in the ground and personalise it a bit more we need something not malaysia pushed in your face all the time.

another excellent win again today cant fault us at the moment long may it continue.

Re: Cardiff City Stadium

Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:48 pm

brickyblue wrote:The malaysians have put huge banners up with malaysia on them inside the ground in each corner.

I am well happy with everything at the moment but they are now going overboard with the malaysian thing.

Would be nice to see a welsh banner or the Cardiff City crest instead to personalise are stadium a bit for us fans.

No welsh flag on the replica kit anymore we had that for years what happend to that then.

I no they are trying to promote ccfc in Asia but we are a welsh club not a malaysian club and that should not be forgotten.

We have nothing inside the ground with a ccfc crest or anything welsh just saying it would be nice to have a city crest or 2 in the ground and personalise it a bit more we need something not malaysia pushed in your face all the time.

another excellent win again today cant fault us at the moment long may it continue.

I agree, they have definitely gone to far, we are playing in Cardiff, Wales, not Malaysia. We need our identity shown in there, without a doubt.

Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:51 pm

Good idea. On St David's Day, when the team is playing they could give placards to make the St David's flag. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:53 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
brickyblue wrote:The malaysians have put huge banners up with malaysia on them inside the ground in each corner.

I agree, they have definitely gone to far, we are playing in Cardiff, Wales, not Malaysia. We need our identity shown in there, without a doubt.

Annis ask em to put a city crest up or something we always had it at ninian and all the other clubs have something to personalise the stadium a bit more.Do you mind asking em mate.

Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:42 pm

brickyblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Annis ask em to put a city crest up or something we always had it at ninian and all the other clubs have something to personalise the stadium a bit more.Do you mind asking em mate.

guys why is it so hard to see that it is not a personal shrine to malaysia, it is just sponsership and advertising which has been paid for !!!

if we were sponsered by Nike and they had 4 nike flags in the corners nobody would give a shit.

Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:47 pm

brickyblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

When the Blues signed a contract to rent the stadium off us, part of the deal was that they would get a 'clean' stadium for their games i.e no CCFC branding. presumably this is also why it sayd CARDIFF on the Ninian stand seats and not Cardiff City.

Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:49 pm

jezzy666 wrote:
brickyblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

guys why is it so hard to see that it is not a personal shrine to malaysia, it is just sponsership and advertising which has been paid for !!!

if we were sponsered by Nike and they had 4 nike flags in the corners nobody would give a shit.

well said. i dont even notice these things im there for the football and thats it

Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:50 pm

jinks-rct wrote:
jezzy666 wrote:
brickyblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

well said. i dont even notice these things im there for the football and thats it

100% agree. At the match I'm watching the game the whole time. The people who look around the stadium seem to be looking for trouble more than enjoying the match.

Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:10 pm

Yes I am there to watch the footy I am not looking around or looking for trouble thank you .I am with children .The fact is they are huge you cant miss em can you.Look I,m not looking for any argument just thought seen as we support the city it would be nice to emphasize that by having a city crest up in the stadium just like we at ninian had and most other clubs have.
No problem in that is there.Just proud of my club and city that's all.

Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:06 pm

brickyblue wrote:Yes I am there to watch the footy I am not looking around or looking for trouble thank you .I am with children .The fact is they are huge you cant miss em can you.Look I,m not looking for any argument just thought seen as we support the city it would be nice to emphasize that by having a city crest up in the stadium just like we at ninian had and most other clubs have.
No problem in that is there.Just proud of my club and city that's all.

Well said :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:08 pm

Malaysian shareholder (and sponsor) have paid for a Malaysian flag up......So now maybe a welsh shareholder should pay and put up a welsh flag?? Would be nice

Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:11 pm

If we were sponsored by Durex, would people be happy for there to be a massive flag in our ground with a huge, veiny, erect penis with a condom on it?

Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:17 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:If we were sponsored by Durex, would people be happy for there to be a massive flag in our ground with a huge, veiny, erect penis with a condom on it?

I'm pretty sure it's against some law to do that in a place where children are likely to be around...

Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:55 pm

i don't mind the malaysia thing but to have all the flags up etc is a bit over the top. would be nice to show our crest and colours somewhere :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:31 am

Midfield general wrote:I dont want to say I told you so but..............

Believe you me this is just the start of it.

Start of what? an exciting season ahead? never felt so positive about a season and our club :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:45 am

Midfield general wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Midfield general wrote:I dont want to say I told you so but..............

Believe you me this is just the start of it.

Start of what? an exciting season ahead? never felt so positive about a season and our club :ayatollah:

Nice try ;)

They'll have us eating dog from the catering and will be shipping Malaysian tourists over here on mass meaning that it will be tougher to get tickets for the bigger games

I dont eat from the catering and it offers little financial reward to the club anyway ;)

Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:48 am

I agree with the OP. It would be nice to see the badge inside the stadium.

I am currently in Thailand travelling and have the new city shirt with me, I get loads of comments while walking down the street while wearing my top but nothing ever Cardiff related.

Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:04 am

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:If we were sponsored by Durex, would people be happy for there to be a massive flag in our ground with a huge, veiny, erect penis with a condom on it?

why not :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:59 am

I'd be outraged but they dont do that on any advertising so why would they. If they wanna pay to have the futex logo up them good.

Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:11 am

no mention of cardiff anywhere around the stadium, makes me sick!

i mean, just a small badge somwehere wouldnt hurt??

nothing to remind us of our history :(

:roll:

Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:14 am

neathbluebird wrote:

why not :lol: :lol: :lol:

I thought Ridsdale was now at Preston ?? :lol:

Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:25 am

Aramore wrote:
jinks-rct wrote:
jezzy666 wrote:
brickyblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

100% agree. At the match I'm watching the game the whole time. The people who look around the stadium seem to be looking for trouble more than enjoying the match.

Pathetic comments, the banners are in all 4 parts of the ground, you would have to be blind to miss them.

Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:32 am

This an astonishing thread.

The Malaysians have paid good money to advertise their product within the stadium. Why are those flags any different to the pitch side advertising hoardings or the banners which run along the main Grandstand (BTW PMG pocket all advertising revenue from the Grandstand and that is a far bigger scandal IMO?)

There is no free lunch in football and we have to be flexible and initiative in the way we raise revenue.

ATM we are complaining because the squad is 3-4 players too short, but start taking away advertising revenue like this and we will be able to afford even less.

How that would make anyone happier is beyond my comprehension.

Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:42 am

Did not know ther was a country called nike??

Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:00 am

swansealad69 wrote:Did not know ther was a country called nike??

???? :? :crazy: :?

Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:27 am

Response to the post earlyer where a guy said no one would complain if nike sponsor your club and put up banners,,,
Nike is a company not a country,,ther for nowere near the same thing,
Yes you are owned by Malaysians,and they also sponsor you,however you are not in Malaysia and are still a welsh and british club.
I can't believe ther are some of you who find it ok to cover your ground and club with foreign stuff,off course they will advertise ther country,but allso should remember where the club is and history.
That's my take on it and I'm glad we are not in your position,as they do not seam to be doing to much,and have no natural love for your club,only to advertise ther home to you,,the same went with city fans who wore sheek shit because some billionaire took over,but infairness they have spent a lot of cash and took them to one of the best teams in the world,and allso the guy at qpr as put up cash to move the cub forward?your lot ain't done that much reay with the time they have been ther?only c
try to change the culture of your club.
If thes guys do go what if anything would they have done for you?
I'm not knockinh you or taking the pis,,I don't like you but you are a welsh club not a Malaysian

Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:42 am

swansealad69 wrote:Response to the post earlyer where a guy said no one would complain if nike sponsor your club and put up banners,,,
Nike is a company not a country,,ther for nowere near the same thing,
Yes you are owned by Malaysians,and they also sponsor you,however you are not in Malaysia and are still a welsh and british club.
I can't believe ther are some of you who find it ok to cover your ground and club with foreign stuff,off course they will advertise ther country,but allso should remember where the club is and history.
That's my take on it and I'm glad we are not in your position,as they do not seam to be doing to much,and have no natural love for your club,only to advertise ther home to you,,the same went with city fans who wore sheek shit because some billionaire took over,but infairness they have spent a lot of cash and took them to one of the best teams in the world,and allso the guy at qpr as put up cash to move the cub forward?your lot ain't done that much reay with the time they have been ther?only c
try to change the culture of your club.
If thes guys do go what if anything would they have done for you?
I'm not knockinh you or taking the pis,,I don't like you but you are a welsh club not a Malaysian

Only your opinion, but it counts for nowt on here. :D ;)

I'm in the "if they pay, they can display" camp. There's a Cardiff City crest on the shirt, that'll do for me. If it was our national team then that would be different.

Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:10 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:This an astonishing thread.

The Malaysians have paid good money to advertise their product within the stadium. Why are those flags any different to the pitch side advertising hoardings or the banners which run along the main Grandstand (BTW PMG pocket all advertising revenue from the Grandstand and that is a far bigger scandal IMO?)

There is no free lunch in football and we have to be flexible and initiative in the way we raise revenue.

ATM we are complaining because the squad is 3-4 players too short, but start taking away advertising revenue like this and we will be able to afford even less.

How that would make anyone happier is beyond my comprehension.

great post !!

why people are upset about advertising that is bringing income for the team i dont know. shall we just take down all the non welsh boarding around the pitch too??

Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:29 pm

It is posts like this that lead people to think there is an agenda. who gives a toss what is advertised at our stadium as long as the privilege is paid for.
one minute pple are moaning about lack of money then when someone pays for the right to advertise you still moan, at times its ridiculous.
and tyler the dunkey analogy is ridiculous mate

Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:53 pm

you cant blame the owners for plastering their sponsorship everywhere, id happily take that over not having a club. The architect of the stadium should be blamed for such a plain, characterless stadium. Just doesn't concern me.