Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

LEE NAYLOR TAKE A BOW SON!!!

Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:13 pm

AWSUM TODAY , WITH GAME IN THE 1ST TEAM FOR MUCH OF THE SEASON HE WAS CLASS ACT :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: LEE NAYLOR TAKE A BOW SON!!!

Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:14 pm

bluebird14 wrote:AWSUM TODAY , WITH GAME IN THE 1ST TEAM FOR MUCH OF THE SEASON HE WAS CLASS ACT :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

How can a player be so shit under one manager yet look so solid under another?

Well done Lee :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:20 pm

can't understand that post at all!

Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:23 pm

Don't understand the OP either :lol:

But he had a cracking game fair play to the lad...

Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:25 pm

To say the full back had a shocker and its not Naylor is a miracle in itself! He had a good game i thought, but McNaughten was awful today. Might get shot down in flames but he really was poor

Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:34 pm

Richie wrote:To say the full back had a shocker and its not Naylor is a miracle in itself! He had a good game i thought, but McNaughten was awful today. Might get shot down in flames but he really was poor

he looked like he was carrying an injury didnt seem fully fit
seen him signal the bench couple times

Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:51 pm

Merlin wrote:Don't understand the OP either :lol:

But he had a cracking game fair play to the lad...

I think the OP meant to say that Naylor played extremely well dispite not playing a first team game this season.

Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:55 pm

Thought he played well today, looked good going forward and kept Burke out of the picture. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:09 pm

Yes well done Naylor and well done Ben Turner another solid performance.

Our defence is getting better and better, another clean sheet and only two goals in the last 6 league games.

Another impressive stat we had 60% possession

Onward and upwards literally :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:24 pm

Richie wrote:To say the full back had a shocker and its not Naylor is a miracle in itself! He had a good game i thought, but McNaughten was awful today. Might get shot down in flames but he really was poor

Kev had a mare today. indecisive, running down blind allies, gave the ball away a lot. very poor.

Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:27 pm

Credit where it is due and I must say Naylor had a very good game, strong in defence, keen to go forward and as brave as a lion.

Together with Turner he kept our defence pretty tight

Well done Lee (Never thought I would say that)

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:42 pm

Well done Lee. :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:42 pm

bluebird14 wrote:AWSUM TODAY , WITH GAME IN THE 1ST TEAM FOR MUCH OF THE SEASON HE WAS CLASS ACT :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Naylor was class killer passes lookes promising ! :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:58 pm

Naylor is a good honest professional, who has played Champions' League football. Not surprised that he played well today. He often does :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:00 pm

Naylor was flawless today, like having a new signing - absolutely class.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:01 pm

did very well. burke did not get past him once... his distribution was also pretty good....

well done naylor...

:ayatollah:

Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:04 pm

Yeah, I've criticized him in the past so I'll credit him when it's due. Turner helped him out by being so good in the middle but yeah, Naylor put some quality balls into the box as well.

Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:06 pm

What a difference confidence makes. 20 minutes into the first half, under pressure on the edge of the box, he took a touch and played it out to feet. Last season he would of sliced it half way up the Bob Bank.
Put Burke in his pocket and was threatening going forward. MOM in my opinion.

Super Kev looked either tired or injured or carrying a bug today.

Their front two were totally ineffecutal, thanks to great performances from AG and BT, Hudson was solid as well.

Steven Carr is a cracking player mind.

Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:24 pm

griff105 wrote:What a difference confidence makes. 20 minutes into the first half, under pressure on the edge of the box, he took a touch and played it out to feet. Last season he would of sliced it half way up the Bob Bank.
Put Burke in his pocket and was threatening going forward. MOM in my opinion.

Super Kev looked either tired or injured or carrying a bug today.

Their front two were totally ineffecutal, thanks to great performances from AG and BT, Hudson was solid as well.

Steven Carr is a cracking player mind.

Totally agree with Stephen Carr comment very good and still going strong didn't he nearly retire?

Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:41 pm

hats off to the performance, only problem was his positioning, he was running into centre midfield most of the time and leaving us wide open on the left, thankfully.

Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:42 pm

outstanding.. ive always said naylor was left exposed last season by bellamy who hardly tracked back or was still crying to the ref whilst the opposition attacked us

Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:44 pm

Well played Lee Naylor today,must make a difference having a winger in front who helps you out.thats the diference to last year plus he has his confidence back so PLEASE no more barracking of him. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:37 pm

taffyapple wrote:

Our midfield is a lot more hard working and solid and this helps the full backs.

Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:42 pm

taffyapple wrote:

I agree with other comments about him being exposed before...

Interesting though it I remember reading on the Wolves forum a few years ago and a lot of fans were giving Glenn Hoddle stick (yes it was a long time ago :lol:) and they said the only good thing Hoddle had done was turn Lee Naylor from the worst to one of the best full backs in the league. Maybe Naylor just needs a certain type of formation or a certain type of manager, could just as easily be a confidence thing, I dont know but today he was top draw.

Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:49 pm

I started a thread after the oxford carling cup tie urging fans to give naylor another chance as he does have the class to be an important squad player.
I felt for the lad last season after a couple of very poor games he needed to be dropped yet Mr man management himself Dave Jones kept him in the side when naylors confidence was shot to peices

he was very very good today and ive heard many people say no one works harder in training than Lee naylor
malky showed faith and naylor repayed him big time

Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:59 pm

Zabier wrote:Yeah, I've criticized him in the past so I'll credit him when it's due. Turner helped him out by being so good in the middle but yeah, Naylor put some quality balls into the box as well.

Agree

Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:03 pm

Naylor was awesome today. He took out Burke in the first half and keep it in mind but Burke is playing top form for the Brummies at the moment.

When the word got around that Nahylor was playing everhyone around me looked at each other in worry. When the game started and Birmingham attacked down their right with Burke against Naylor you could feel the tension in the crowd. 10 minutes after the first attack that tension disappeared as Naylor was having a stormer. What a great feeling it was and it was like having a prodical son return.

Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:09 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Naylor was awesome today. He took out Burke in the first half and keep it in mind but Burke is playing top form for the Brummies at the moment.

When the word got around that Nahylor was playing everhyone around me looked at each other in worry. When the game started and Birmingham attacked down their right with Burke against Naylor you could feel the tension in the crowd. 10 minutes after the first attack that tension disappeared as Naylor was having a stormer. What a great feeling it was and it was like having a prodical son return.

Naylor is a decent player and proved that today. The way he received stick from City fans last year would have hardly helped his confidence especially with DJ's man management.

He did well today, keep it up Lee :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:15 pm

jinks-rct wrote:

outstanding.. ive always said naylor was left exposed last season by bellamy who hardly tracked back or was still crying to the ref whilst the opposition attacked us

totally agree with this, he was often exposed with bellamy ahead of him tho he also had some shockers last season. but today he was brilliant

Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:16 pm

Thought he was class today :ayatollah: :ayatollah: