Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I am sitting here in the Ninian Pub thinking !!

Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:42 am

What a f*cking shit pit. Plastic glasses and surrounded by egg photos. This Pub is a testament to Ninian Park and Cardiff City FC . The Egg has no part in it ! There should not be one picture or photo to the Rugby. This is the one Football pub. Why the f**k am I doing in here Chiefs ? Plus the breakfast was rank f*cking cold :o Rant over :D

Re: I am sitting here in the Ninian Pub thinking !!

Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:44 am

Nuclearblue wrote:What a f*cking shit pit. Plastic glasses and surrounded by egg photos. This Pub is a testament to Ninian Park and Cardiff City FC . The Egg has no part in it ! There should not be one picture or photo to the Rugby. This is the one Football pub. Why the f**k am I doing in here Chiefs ? Plus the breakfast was rank f*cking cold :o Rant over :D

Steve. its gone down hill rapidly, since the new manager has come in food is shite/cold and half portions and pool tables every where. :evil:

Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:14 pm

Says on the walls "cheap meals: breakfast 1.99".

Yet Phil got charged £3, and I got charge £3.50. And the portions, well big boys iike me, Nukes and Annis aren't catered for.

£4.00 last tuesday for One bottle of Bulmers cider :o

Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:17 pm

Boycott it lads :old:

Two match days with low takings and the landlord will be gone.....and that is a FACT!!!

Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:20 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:£4.00 last tuesday for One bottle of Bulmers cider :o

Should come to the Village Ad you'd be shocked. £5.10 for a bottle of magners :shock:

Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:01 pm

Sounds better than Cov nukes,

It is disappointing tho i guess, not that i get to the Ninian that much but your right, :(

Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:45 pm

i went in there for a change 3 fcukin pool tables in a small room its a joke wont be goin in again

Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:52 pm

Johnny Rythmn wrote:Boycott it lads :old:

Two match days with low takings and the landlord will be gone.....and that is a FACT!!!

Lully, they have been warned we will do this, thats why they are now taking measures and compromising. :ayatollah:
But food still shit in my opinion. :cry: I LOVE MY FOOD. :cry:

Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:59 pm

It says on the window cheap offers everyday for the early risers. But when you get inside its full price on Match Days :o Rip off.It should state its full price on match Days !! The Photos of the Rugby Players should not be there IMO covered or not. Its called the Ninian its a football Pub always have been. There are plenty of Pubs which has the Egg spread all over it, Until things change its the Canton cross for me.
Julian (Luton) The Ninian is a Palace compared to the shit pits of Coventry :lol: :lol:

Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:04 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Johnny Rythmn wrote:Boycott it lads :old:

Lully, they have been warned we will do this, thats why they are now taking measures and compromising. :ayatollah:
But food still shit in my opinion. :cry: I LOVE MY FOOD. :cry:

Good to see you're still at it young Abraham :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:11 pm

tomo wrote:i went in there for a change 3 fcukin pool tables in a small room its a joke wont be goin in again

And not one person playing on them

Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:12 pm

Interested, how much did everyone pay for their breakfast there today?

Few beans, plum tomatoes, one fried egg, two sausages and two bacon (no toast :( )

Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:26 pm

Rarely go in there now. Last time I ate in there it was a breakfast and it was embarrassing.

An alternative venue is needed.

Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:31 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:Interested, how much did everyone pay for their breakfast there today?

Few beans, plum tomatoes, one fried egg, two sausages and two bacon (no toast :( )

I had mushrooms as well. Lets all meet in the Canton Cross. Much better Pub IMO :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:46 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:What a f*cking shit pit. Plastic glasses and surrounded by egg photos. This Pub is a testament to Ninian Park and Cardiff City FC . The Egg has no part in it ! There should not be one picture or photo to the Rugby. This is the one Football pub. Why the f**k am I doing in here Chiefs ? Plus the breakfast was rank f*cking cold :o Rant over :D

Steve. its gone down hill rapidly, since the new manager has come in food is shite/cold and half portions and pool tables every where. :evil:

we know that annis, you had two curry's last time! :lol: :lol:

Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:15 pm

lewis91 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

He ate the plates as well Lewis :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:20 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:It says on the window cheap offers everyday for the early risers. But when you get inside its full price on Match Days :o Rip off.It should state its full price on match Days !! The Photos of the Rugby Players should not be there IMO covered or not. Its called the Ninian its a football Pub always have been. There are plenty of Pubs which has the Egg spread all over it, Until things change its the Canton cross for me.
Julian (Luton) The Ninian is a Palace compared to the shit pits of Coventry :lol: :lol:

It does say underneath on the windows "excludes stadium events" probably in the smallest writing imaginable, but it wasn't there the first week they were doing it, obviously realised that they dropped a bollock and could be ripping people off for a crap pint in a plastic glass (admittedly it was for police restrictions today but not the point) and an overcrowded room that was perfectly fine pre-pool table era. I don't understand the big deal with having them as I bet they don't take much money during the week, and they don't take much on a match day because hardly anyone is interested. They'd make a lot more money packing the room out with punters than bloody pool tables.

Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:22 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:Interested, how much did everyone pay for their breakfast there today?

should av gone and had the quantum breakfast...

still the best in canton by far!!

Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:23 pm

popped in canton rugby earlier and that has now become a pint of piss in a plastic glass :evil:

Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:24 pm

littlebluebird wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:It says on the window cheap offers everyday for the early risers. But when you get inside its full price on Match Days :o Rip off.It should state its full price on match Days !! The Photos of the Rugby Players should not be there IMO covered or not. Its called the Ninian its a football Pub always have been. There are plenty of Pubs which has the Egg spread all over it, Until things change its the Canton cross for me.

It does say underneath on the windows "excludes stadium events" probably in the smallest writing imaginable, but it wasn't there the first week they were doing it, obviously realised that they dropped a bollock and could be ripping people off for a crap pint in a plastic glass (admittedly it was for police restrictions today but not the point) and an overcrowded room that was perfectly fine pre-pool table era. I don't understand the big deal with having them as I bet they don't take much money during the week, and they don't take much on a match day because hardly anyone is interested. They'd make a lot more money packing the room out with punters than bloody pool tables.

Yeah the plastic glasses was on Police advice. But Carl and his Brother ended up with Glasses :o and Carl's Brother said they got given them because of his good looks :o :lol: then the bar girl came over and took them away saying they was not allowed them 8-) :lol: :lol: :lol: Tidy Darts :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:00 am

If you want a cracking breakfast try the Victoria Park in Canton bit of a trek but the breakfast there was 2 sausage, 2 rashers of bacon, 2 eggs, tomato,mushrooms, black pudding, beans and chips :o All for £4 which was good value plus a cracking pint of Brains Smooth extra cold :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:13 am

Ninian has never been my thing, to small and dingy for my liking.

Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:44 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
lewis91 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

He ate the plates as well Lewis :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: must be raking it in with the amount some of the forum members eat :lol:

Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:20 pm

blueheaven wrote:If you want a cracking breakfast try the Victoria Park in Canton bit of a trek but the breakfast there was 2 sausage, 2 rashers of bacon, 2 eggs, tomato,mushrooms, black pudding, beans and chips :o All for £4 which was good value plus a cracking pint of Brains Smooth extra cold :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

You are making me feel hungry Chief 8-)

Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:02 pm

Right none of you will like this. :lol:

A pub cant survive off 3hours trade on a match day. So landlord decides he wants to put pool tables in to increase his trade, and from what I have heard it has.
If it is your local and your in there 4 times a week then fair enough, if you pop in for half hour on a saturday on a home game, 20 odd times a year I dont think people can look to change the world. Before any comments I do use the pub outside of football as I taught in the school next door. Not a dig at anyone in particaular but just my feelings as someone who spent a few years helping run a pub and know how hard it is!! If you dont like it go somewhere else :lol:

Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:56 pm

milly44 wrote:Right none of you will like this. :lol:

A pub cant survive off 3hours trade on a match day. So landlord decides he wants to put pool tables in to increase his trade, and from what I have heard it has.
If it is your local and your in there 4 times a week then fair enough, if you pop in for half hour on a saturday on a home game, 20 odd times a year I dont think people can look to change the world. Before any comments I do use the pub outside of football as I taught in the school next door. Not a dig at anyone in particaular but just my feelings as someone who spent a few years helping run a pub and know how hard it is!! If you dont like it go somewhere else :lol:

Milly, But on match days, the landlord should either move 1 or 2 pool tables aside for those hrs or cover them, I must be right on this as the owner has now told the landlord to do so, just on match days. :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:01 pm

common sense would say cover them up, I saw one covered yesterday didnt walk far enough across to see the others. :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:05 pm

You will not beat the Canton Cross for good home made food :ayatollah: :ayatollah: Best pint of Strongbow in Cardiff as well in my opinion. :D

Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:31 pm

Milly i didnt criticize the Pool tables just the shit breakfast and the egg on the walls. :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:34 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Milly i didnt criticize the Pool tables just the shit breakfast and the egg on the walls. :ayatollah:

I know chief, It was just a general ramble to all the people who moan about them :D