Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:14 pm

Rafa Benetiz .

R I.P GARY SPEED LEGEND :ayatollah:

Re: WALES JOB I WOULD LIKE

Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:23 pm

Mark Hughes or Dean Saunders.

Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:27 pm

I am sorry I know I will get slated but I believe we shouldn't be talking about this before Gary has been buried

Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:27 pm

NOT ryan giggs

Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:34 pm

john hartson? plenty of passion and pride, a young man with a fresh view who could hopefully encourage the youth

Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:34 pm

john hartson? plenty of passion and pride, a young man with a fresh view who could hopefully encourage the youth

Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:36 pm

blue for you wrote:john hartson? plenty of passion and pride, a young man with a fresh view who could hopefully encourage the youth

I am a big John fan, but no management experience at all, a coach yes. :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:42 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Mark Hughes or Dean Saunders.

A lot are tipping Coleman but i would prefer one of these two. :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:43 pm

Gary speed didnt have no experience but done a damn fine job,dont fancy hartson as manager tho!I would like to see gary's backroom staff stay on tho so we can build on whats been started :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:47 pm

Bit early, as Gary 's funeral has not taken place yet, but someone who can keep the team (ie backroom staff) together. Dean Saunders perhaps. Played for some top clubs, never let Wales down, and Donny beat the Saints today. Did well at Wrexham, in very difficult circumstances. Sparky would bring in his own team, Mark Bowen, Eddie Niedz etc. They did OK, never qualified mind, but time to move on.

Still can't get my head around it. Was reading the Norway programme yesterday, and 'The Voice' the FAW magazine. Just does not seem real at all. Credit to Leeds and all the other clubs, though.

Rest in Peace Gary.

Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:54 pm

Personally i would like to see a foreign manager

A young manager with passion, enthiumsiam a bit like martinez :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:46 pm

Still feel it is far too soon to be talking about replacements but the new manager needs to be Welsh.

Hopefully, like the legendary Speed, someone the players can look up to and respect.

Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:52 pm

boxerbob wrote:Gary speed didnt have no experience but done a damn fine job,dont fancy hartson as manager tho!I would like to see gary's backroom staff stay on tho so we can build on whats been started :ayatollah:

Coaching and management experience at Sheffield United, it didnt work out but im sure it helped.

I dont think experience is massively important but I just dont see a manager in big John tbh

Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:58 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
boxerbob wrote:Gary speed didnt have no experience but done a damn fine job,dont fancy hartson as manager tho!I would like to see gary's backroom staff stay on tho so we can build on whats been started :ayatollah:

Coaching and management experience at Sheffield United, it didnt work out but im sure it helped.

I dont think experience is massively important but I just dont see a manager in big John tbh

Chris Coleman with Garry's backroom staff?

Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:07 am

SA17 Bluebird wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

Chris Coleman with Garry's backroom staff?

I wouldn't mind this :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:51 am

nobby wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Mark Hughes or Dean Saunders.

A lot are tipping Coleman but i would prefer one of these two. :ayatollah:

RIP - GARY SPEED....For the good of Welsh football we need a manager who will take this team forward.
The players ( IMO ) Will want to do this for Gary Speed and would look up to any Welsh manager who wants this.

So agree with both Annis and Nobby with Hughes or Saunders...along with finding help/surport from the likes of....
Giggs - Savage - Flynn - Coleman - Horn - etc... If there was a time for Welsh football to come together it is now.

Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:25 am

It's got to be mark Hughes I think.... He's got the respect and experience!!!!! I've not heard anyone mention Tony pulis????? Just a suggestion :ayatollah: