Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

George Boyd

Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:32 pm

Always been a fan of George Boyd's, and was surprised Dave Jones didn't show more interest in him.

Just watching Peterborough's match with Barnsley, and although the Posh lost 4-3, Boyd was impressive, scoring and helping with the other two goals.

Malky's looking for wingers, and I think Conway needs a little competition on the left hand side. Boyd may be the right player, in my opinion.

Anyone else agree?

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: George Boyd

Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:39 pm

i quite like him, would add competetion to conway....

but only if he got his haircut!!

Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:15 pm

Certainly a DJ type player but not sure he is a MM type player, bit to lazy for me.

Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:38 pm

Always been a fan of George Boyd! :D
Always like James Coppinger from Donny though! :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:55 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Certainly a DJ type player but not sure he is a MM type player, bit to lazy for me.

yeah gotta agree with that,must be good fun being a peterborough fan this season though,theyre never in a dull game

one realistic target id kill for is marvin sordell,i know he said when malky first came to us,he wouldnt go to cardiff,but his contract is up soon and surely a player would prefer a promotion push over a relegation fight and also get paid more to boot

Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:46 pm

i like Boyd think he's a great player and contributes a lot to goals but is very lazy of the ball unless he p@!!sed off :lol:
I'm with englishbluebird on this one, I would love Sordell hear a young and quality striker at this level. :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:59 pm

I've got a feeling Sordell will be with us in January.

Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:25 pm

id take sordell over 3 or 4 premiership loan players just after a payday
f**k it ill take nicky maynard aswell :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:38 pm

Boyd would be a couple mill I reckon. Doubt we can afford that.