Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Birmingham fan in absolute peace.

Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:30 pm

Not on the WUM or anything, completely friendly post. I wish you all the best with your season and all that.

Quick question about tickets; is there absolutely no chance of me getting an away end ticket on the door? I live in South Wales and have made the late decision to attempt to get down for the game.

I'm not completely adverse to the idea of sitting in the home end, but I can't see this being particularly bright.

The tosspots that run my club aren't particularly helpful.

Cheers. x

Re: Birmingham fan in absolute peace.

Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:33 pm

Depends how you play it, ive sat in the home ends at other clubs and had no problem as long as your respectful. If you start cheering a Brum goal (hopefully wont be any) then fully expect a reaction from the City fans. Also no brum shirt ;)

Cant see it being a problem getting a ticket tho

Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:34 pm

i know on previous occasions they have sold away tickets but no idea if they will for this game.
phone the City ground in the morning they may be able to help you :ayatollah:
and welcome by the way. all the best for the season to you to apart from tommorrow and the return fixture of course :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:06 pm

Cheers for the replies. Some of our fans seem to think it's strictly no paying on the gate, but the club's press officer... person is suggesting otherwise on Twitter.

I think I'm just going to ring up tomorrow morning and hope I can wing it.

So, big game tomorrow. At this moment in time we have 4 game in hand on the majority of teams which is mental. We'd actually be 3rd if we won them all. Chris Burke's been amazing btw.

Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:12 pm

Ring up and ask for a ticket in the awya end. If thats no good, go to the ticket office on the day. If thats no good go in the home end., treat the home fans as you would expect to be treated and don't take the piss and you will be fine.

If you do that and anyone picks on you then they are pricks and will be singled out, IMHO we are proud of who we are but we arent bullies and anyone who wants to bully individuals who come in peace isnt welcome at our club.

Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:25 pm

welcome to the forum.

im expecting a tight ,well fought match with hopefully cardiff knicking it.I honestly believe it will be our toughest home match of the season so far
do you think your squad may suffer for playing in portugal during the week?

Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:41 pm

Barry Fry Up wrote:Not on the WUM or anything, completely friendly post. I wish you all the best with your season and all that.

Quick question about tickets; is there absolutely no chance of me getting an away end ticket on the door? I live in South Wales and have made the late decision to attempt to get down for the game.

I'm not completely adverse to the idea of sitting in the home end, but I can't see this being particularly bright.

The tosspots that run my club aren't particularly helpful.

Cheers. x

pm me your number and i'll get you and all your mates in the canton stand...we can have a sing off....men of harrleech....zulu, zulu....men of harrrlechhh....bang, bang, bang your all dead : :P

Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:41 pm

englishbluebird wrote:welcome to the forum.

im expecting a tight ,well fought match with hopefully cardiff knicking it.I honestly believe it will be our toughest home match of the season so far

The travelling isn't really having an effect at the minute and we've had one more day's rest than usual; so it shouldn't be too much of a factor. Even though we lost, the momentum Europe is giving us is helping get us through the league anyway. I don't buy this shit that professional footballers, at this level, can't handle 2 games a week. The only issue I'd suggest is the travelling.

Winds me right up when Premier League teams play weak teams in the Europa League to help their league cause... which is qualify for the Europa League. Makes no sense at all.

I think everyone at the club would take a play-off place this season; we have a good squad with some great young players, but automatic may be beyond us. A nice little play-off run like the old days please. Also depends who leaves in the January window; Zigic and Ridgewell we'll happily see leave and Beausejour I'd be gutted to see go. The thing most of us are scared of is losing Butland, Mutch and Redmond for pennies, but that's a different story.

I fancy 2 all tomorrow. Burke to inevitably net.

Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:51 pm

Barry Fry Up wrote:
englishbluebird wrote:welcome to the forum.

The travelling isn't really having an effect at the minute and we've had one more day's rest than usual; so it shouldn't be too much of a factor. Even though we lost, the momentum Europe is giving us is helping get us through the league anyway. I don't buy this shit that professional footballers, at this level, can't handle 2 games a week. The only issue I'd suggest is the travelling.

Winds me right up when Premier League teams play weak teams in the Europa League to help their league cause... which is qualify for the Europa League. Makes no sense at all.

I think everyone at the club would take a play-off place this season; we have a good squad with some great young players, but automatic may be beyond us. A nice little play-off run like the old days please. Also depends who leaves in the January window; Zigic and Ridgewell we'll happily see leave and Beausejour I'd be gutted to see go. The thing most of us are scared of is losing Butland, Mutch and Redmond for pennies, but that's a different story.

I fancy 2 all tomorrow. Burke to inevitably net.

Mental tiredness and knocks are what will hurt yuo -especially against decent teams, if you havent got the squad to cope.

By the way its 3 points for the win these days and I reckn they are ours :lol:

Enjoy anyway and in all seriousness Pm me if you cant get a ticket.

Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:56 pm

I know they have never turned any away fans away for the last 10 months and have always got them in the stewards with tickets outside the away end. :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:59 pm

im sure burkey will get a decent reception from most cardiff fans,a few were bothered that apparently he said he was desperate to move back to scotland as he was missing his son and obviously birmingham is still pretty far from there.
Chris had a poor season for us last time in my opinion but perhaps suffered from Dave Jones syndrome.
met him twice and bioth times he was a gent,a genuine nice guy and I wish him all the best apart from the ocassions we play each other .

Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:02 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I know they have never turned any away fans away for the last 10 months and have always got them in the stewards with tickets outside the away end. :ayatollah:

So you think if me and my two mates turn up we'll definitely find a way in?

Absolutely desperate to get there, depressingly since I started Uni in late 2009 I have been to see Blues twice.

Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:08 pm

Barry Fry Up wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:I know they have never turned any away fans away for the last 10 months and have always got them in the stewards with tickets outside the away end. :ayatollah:

Absolutely desperate to get there, depressingly since I started Uni in late 2009 I have been to see Blues twice.

4 Palace mates of mine got in and last year 3 Millwall lads were all allowed to buy their tickets, thats all I can say. I have never heard of anyone being turned away, you will have over 1,000 empty seats in your end.

Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:09 pm

Barry Fry Up wrote:

You'll get in alright but then you'll just have to watch a horror show..........

If I was you mate, I wouldn't bother going.

Why not wait for the Bristol City game,Ashton Gate is not too far away and you have a chance of winning that one :|

Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:16 am

Barry Fry UP??

Hmmm, I maybe wrong but I smell something 'fishy' here....

Anyone know where Daya is at the moment
?? ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:18 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Barry Fry Up wrote:

4 Palace mates of mine got in and last year 3 Millwall lads were all allowed to buy their tickets, thats all I can say. I have never heard of anyone being turned away, you will have over 1,000 empty seats in your end.

So what if the situation was reversed? If we turn up at any ground would we be allowed to get in if we paid on the gate or went to the ticket office. I'm pretty sure when it comes to Cardiff you have ot be an away member and have your ticket beforehand.