Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Wales and Welsh football clubs.

Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:41 pm

Wales No1 wrote:Some questions, are we all now united at Wales games and are we all welcome ?

All the Welsh games I have been to this subject is never mentioned.

Who do you like out of all Welsh clubs including non league ?

Cardiff but dont dislike any others

who is your first and second favourite Welsh club ?

Cardiff then in the old days Barry.

Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:56 pm

Cardiff then a soft spot for Wrexham :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:00 pm

I was born and bred in Cardiff, so there was only ever one team for me. My grandfather supported Cardiff City at the beginning of the 20th century, although he didn't see the Cup win at Wembley in 1927, he was out on the streets to welcome the team home. My father also supported the City and started taking me down to Ninian Park in 1976, but he doesn't bother these days, he just listens to them on the radio.

Cardiff City are in my blood, but it's nice to see other Welsh clubs being successful. I don't have any other favourites, though.

I'm saddened at the animosity there sometimes is at Wales matches between different clubs' fans and the amount of animosity I've faced, being a Cardiffian in an area close to Swansea, is ridiculous.

Time for change.

Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:09 pm

Cardiff born, Barry bred

always used to go and watch the town as a boy :D

Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:30 pm

Cardiff City. ST holder, corner of Grandstand and Canton. Don't dislike any Welsh club (or any club from anywhere else, for that matter). Don't go in for 'banter' with other fans. What goes round, comes round in football. Watch Carmarthen Town sometimes in the Welsh Premier League. Also support the Wales national side. To answer your question, all Welsh fans should be welcome. Does not matter who they support. What happened to Mikey Dye, and now Gary Speed puts any club rivalries into perspective.

No interest in any other 'sport', only football.

Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:43 pm

cardiff and merthyr if i picked a second

Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:46 pm

cardiff and bangor because of friends up there

Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:53 pm

Wales No1 wrote:Some questions, are we all now united at Wales games and are we all welcome ?

At Welsh games we should all be in unity for Wales no matter what club team you support.

Cardiff City are my number 1 team, always have been and always will be. I always look out for other Welsh teams results and how they are doing including Newport, Wrexham, Merthyr and Swansea.

Cardiff City are my favourite team and I would have to say that Newport are my second favourite but I do have a soft spot for Wrexham.
I want ALL Welsh clubs to do well unless they are playing my beloved Bluebirds.

Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:58 pm

Cardiff, always had a soft sport for TNS and have liked Merthyr Town this past year or so and look out for their results here and there, a mate got me into Merthyr a bit :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:34 pm

Cardiff Ponty Fc / Rfc

Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:14 pm

Cardiff City and Bangor city in L o W

I also want both Wrexhm and Newport to do well in conf (although if we played Newport it would be a fierce derby).

Obviously Ton Pentre cos im from the top of the rhondda originally.

Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:00 pm

Cardiff City and Merthyr for me. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:19 pm

its cardiff city and llangynwyd rangers for me
hope wrexham get back into the league they have a good bunch of fans
f**k kewenty and the jacks tho

Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:34 pm

cardiff city and swansea dont care if i get slaughtered end of the day im welsh!

Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:42 pm

all are welcome in my opinion but i feel club shirts should be banned from internationals..
cardiff

Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:01 am

It's just Cardiff City FC for me!! :ayatollah:

Not a big Wales FC follower and no interest in Swansea Town as a football club (a bit different with their ignorant egg-chasing fans like 'Swanny the Twin Town Tit' though!! :lol: ) but do tend to 'watch out' for the results of Newport County and Wrexham ;)

Oh, and LLantwit Fardre FC too!! (played for them a bit as a youngster!! :) )

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: