Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" I HAVE TO PRAISE OUR MALAYSIAN INVESTORS "

Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:28 am

They chose our miracle man Malky, when I and thousands of other City fans would not of considered him for the job. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

But just because I have always said we have needed more players right back to the beginning of September, does not mean I an anti-Malaysian, it honestly means, I believe we need more players if we are to succeed our dream this season.So surely I am allowed my opinion/belief like anyone else. :ayatollah:

I will just remind you Malky's comments two weeks ago, " If we want promotion this season, we need to strengthening our squad."

I will be backing Malky what ever happens this season or where ever we finish in the league :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " I HAVE TO PRAISE OUR MALAYSIAN INVESTORS "

Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:34 am

Forever Blue wrote:They chose our miracle man Malky, when I and thousands of other City fans would not of considered him for the job. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

But just because I have always said we have needed more players right back to the beginning of September, does not mean I an anti-Malaysian, it honestly means, I believe we need more players if we are to succeed our dream this season.So surely I am allowed my opinion/belief like anyone else. :ayatollah:

I will just remind you Malky's comments two weeks ago, " If we want promotion this season, we need to strengthening our squad."

I will be backing Malky what ever happens this season or where ever we finish in the league :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Annis,

I think we've been lucky in that Mason, Gestede and Ralls have come through and proved to be worthwhile squad players. In Mason's case even more. Others have done better jobs than expected when asked, like most players the likes of Naylor, Blake,Quinn, Heaton, McPhail seem to be have picked their game up 5-10% .. more in some cases - compared to last year when called on.

However everyone can see we need strenghtening viewtopic.php?f=2&t=65106&p=612873#p612873

and I'm certain there are players lined up for Jan.

The 2 recruitment guys we met on deadline day during the training ground tour were relaxed about the fact nothing was happening and smiled and told us they were sorting things for Jan. :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:59 am

Forever Blue wrote:They chose our miracle man Malky, when I and thousands of other City fans would not of considered him for the job. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I dunno about us lot not considering him? I think both you and me fancied Hughton
for the job? But were happy once Malky came on board! :D

You are right about needing more players. We do. I seriously believe that if we sign a minimum
of two, then we will go up automatic with West Ham.

Now we know the players he was lining up it has got me buzzing. They would have been top
quality signings (even though they looked shite the other night).. It proves he's aiming his
sights pretty high.

the fact he DIDNT sign anyone gets me buzzing even more in a way. He certainly has high standards
in his search, and wont get anyone in that doesnt fit the bill.... so when we finally DO sign players
(please God lol)... they are going to be good. Very good!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:27 pm

Annis I remember us having a chat in Albany rd coffee shop where we both wanted hughton as 1st choice but I'm so glad malky got it ....hopefully tomorrow that choice of giving malky the job by the board proves right again by getting 3pts against hughton....

Whatever happens tomorrow ..we have the right man ...!!!

Malky mackay's barmy army.....

Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:14 pm

I think 99% of fans agree that we need more players. The disagreement comes in whether the board is backing Malky which is often questioned. What evidence is there that they are not? Have we lost loans due to money and how much money caused the board to reject the loan?

Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:17 pm

You are right about needing more players. We do. I seriously believe that if we sign a minimum

I agree with that, a winger and a striker and ill be happy.

Ideally the likes of Gypes, Parking, Tiawo will go but I dont think it has an impact on the squad if they stay or not.

Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:21 pm

alexc wrote:I think 99% of fans agree that we need more players. The disagreement comes in whether the board is backing Malky which is often questioned. What evidence is there that they are not? Have we lost loans due to money and how much money caused the board to reject the loan?

there is no more argument or speculation on this point.

The reason we have not got new players is because they did not want
to drop a division... or cos Malky decided they werent good enough for
our club.

Malky is a fussy tw*t

and i loves him all the more for it :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:25 pm

In Malkey we trust, for me the Malaysians - dont trust them a f*cking inch! Just my opinion. Players in January? we'll see and then decide on the Malaysians. Until then - Come on the city. :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:34 pm

Neath Bluebird wrote:In Malkey we trust, for me the Malaysians - dont trust them a f*cking inch! Just my opinion. Players in January? we'll see and then decide on the Malaysians. Until then - Come on the city. :ayatollah:

I have to say this!

Thats just rude and ignorant

These people were paying off the HMRC and wage bills for months, what did
they do to make you mistrust them?? Give me an example. Please??

I know its all about opinions but...

Where does your mistrust stem from?

Cheers?

Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:43 pm

Maybe I know a bit more than others, but they have turned Malkey down already on one player! :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:00 pm

Lawnmower wrote:

Annis,

I think we've been lucky in that Mason, Gestede and Ralls have come through and proved to be worthwhile squad players. In Mason's case even more. Others have done better jobs than expected when asked, like most players the likes of Naylor, Blake,Quinn, Heaton, McPhail seem to be have picked their game up 5-10% .. more in some cases - compared to last year when called on.

However everyone can see we need strenghtening viewtopic.php?f=2&t=65106&p=612873#p612873

and I'm certain there are players lined up for Jan.

The 2 recruitment guys we met on deadline day during the training ground tour were relaxed about the fact nothing was happening and smiled and told us they were sorting things for Jan. :ayatollah:

Tim, They are all Malky's new signings so he has done one well and not spending fortunes. Other players have lifted their games and I put that 100% down to Malky. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:03 pm

taffyapple wrote:

I dunno about us lot not considering him? I think both you and me fancied Hughton
for the job? But were happy once Malky came on board! :D

Now we know the players he was lining up it has got me buzzing. They would have been top
quality signings (even though they looked shite the other night).. It proves he's aiming his
sights pretty high.

the fact he DIDNT sign anyone gets me buzzing even more in a way. He certainly has high standards
in his search, and wont get anyone in that doesnt fit the bill.... so when we finally DO sign players
(please God lol)... they are going to be good. Very good!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Dave
Yes We did want Hughton without a doubt and we have hopefully and looking like we have proven wrong. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Dave, Malky def has been trying 24/7 for more players, but honestly mate his budget is limited, I have known you for 30 years. As long as the Malaysians increase it in January we will do well this season. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:04 pm

city112 wrote:Annis I remember us having a chat in Albany rd coffee shop where we both wanted hughton as 1st choice but I'm so glad malky got it ....hopefully tomorrow that choice of giving malky the job by the board proves right again by getting 3pts against hughton....

Whatever happens tomorrow ..we have the right man ...!!!

Malky mackay's barmy army.....

Yes we did and I was annoyed when we never got Hughton, thankfully we look like be proven wrong. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:05 pm

Neath Bluebird wrote:Maybe I know a bit more than others, but they have turned Malkey down already on one player! :ayatollah:

Well I have been told a few players he lost out on due to money.

Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:14 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Neath Bluebird wrote:Maybe I know a bit more than others, but they have turned Malkey down already on one player! :ayatollah:

That's certainly not a bad thing though Annis. Sam and PR should have been a lot tougher with our managers and then we wouldnt have such big debts.

Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:17 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

That's certainly not a bad thing though Annis. Sam and PR should have been a lot tougher with our managers and then we wouldnt have such big debts.

Luke, Yes agreed in a lot of ways,but I bet Sam wished he had had a Malky. :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:25 pm

With or without big signings, this man Malkey is unique, he can instill faith and confidence into anyone i am sure. He is the first manager I have seen down the city (my first game in dec 1964 :old: ) that I really believe will take us all the way, and, more importantly, will set us up to stay there.

It's getting to be an old cliche now, but I believe in it:- "In Malkey, I trust" :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:27 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Good. Looks like Malky knows where to draw the line. More Mason's Gunnersson's and Cowie's please :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:32 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Luke, Yes agreed in a lot of ways,but I bet Sam wished he had had a Malky. :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I think other than budgeting Sams biggest mistake was never getting the right manager. If we had a real manager when he took over we could have done a lot better and saved a lot of money :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:55 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I think other than budgeting Sams biggest mistake was never getting the right manager. If we had a real manager when he took over we could have done a lot better and saved a lot of money :ayatollah:

I can answer for Sam on this one, Sam is a big fan of Malky and he wishes he had had a manager like Malky. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:00 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

But if we get up having spent few quid on players , two maybe 3 thtll be 90 million ?? Still don understand , i get that we dont want to throw millions but to be opposite is also not good business practice - yes we signed 9 but needed too in order to have a team

Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:03 pm

NIBluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

But if we get up having spent few quid on players , two maybe 3 thtll be 90 million ?? Still don understand , i get that we dont want to throw millions but to be opposite is also not good business practice - yes we signed 9 but needed too in order to have a team

Mike, I know there is a lot more to do with it than just giving more money. I think if the Malaysians owned more than 49% they def would spend more, but I dont want to get in that debate again, it will end up 7 pages long. :lol:

Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:21 am

Midfield general wrote:
taffyapple wrote:
Neath Bluebird wrote:In Malkey we trust, for me the Malaysians - dont trust them a f*cking inch! Just my opinion. Players in January? we'll see and then decide on the Malaysians. Until then - Come on the city. :ayatollah:

I have to say this!

Cheers?

So are you saying that Borley never helped out during this time..? Because if you are saying that its just the Malaysians paying HMRC and the wage bills then that is completely false.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I think you do it deliberately. Either that or you're thicker than a cement pie.

Did I say Borley had nothing to do with keeping the Club afloat, anywhere? ever? :lol: :lol:

The FACTS are, without Mr Tans investment, City would been fucked, we ALL know
that much. and MY POINT was.... what have they done to make anyone mistrust them

Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:35 am

Midfield general wrote:
taffyapple wrote:
Midfield general wrote:
taffyapple wrote:

I have to say this!

Cheers?

So are you saying that Borley never helped out during this time..? Because if you are saying that its just the Malaysians paying HMRC and the wage bills then that is completely false.

I think you do it deliberately. Either that or you're thicker than a cement pie.

Did I say Borley had nothing to do with keeping the Club afloat, anywhere? ever? :lol: :lol:

that much. and MY POINT was.... what have they done to make anyone mistrust them

you said about the Malaysians 'These people were paying off the HMRC and wage bills for months', well wheres your proof to that then..? because you have NONE as I know Borley helped out big time with this issue.

But then again Im not surprised because plastics dont know the full picture.

Ah righto... let me re-phrase...

We are all under the impression that The Malaysians paid the wage bills and the tax
because there was talk at the time of it being a day or so late because of International
bank transfers, this came from the Club. If i gave the impression that Steve Borley has
had f**k all to do with this Club still being afloat then my God, do i apologise...

NOW.... what have Mister Tan and his people done so far that proves they cant be trusted

Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:53 am

Midfield general wrote:
taffyapple wrote:
Midfield general wrote:
taffyapple wrote:
taffyapple wrote:

I have to say this!

Cheers?

you said about the Malaysians 'These people were paying off the HMRC and wage bills for months', well wheres your proof to that then..? because you have NONE as I know Borley helped out big time with this issue.

But then again Im not surprised because plastics dont know the full picture.

Ah righto... let me re-phrase...

We are all under the impression that The Malaysians paid the wage bills and the tax
because there was talk at the time of it being a day or so late because of International
bank transfers, this came from the Club. If i gave the impression that Steve Borley has
had f**k all to do with this Club still being afloat then my God, do i apologise...

NOW.... what have Mister Tan and his people done so far that proves they cant be trusted

My theory on why they are taking an interest was clearly backed up by the channel 4 programme which incidentally was shown AFTER I voiced my concerns.

That Mr.Plastic is more evidence than you have for your theory. FACT[/quote]

Do you realise how many people on this board piss themselves when you keep
mentioning 'Dispatches'

Lets see if i can put this in plain English...

WHAT EVIDENCE DO YOU HAVE THAT THEY CANNOT BE TRUSTED.

Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:31 am

Midfield general wrote:
taffyapple wrote:Do you realise how many people on this board piss themselves when you keep
mentioning 'Dispatches'

If people want to laugh at my opinion well thats their problem but once again its more evidence than you have that its not the case

f**k me your thick.

They dont laugh at you not trusting Vincent Tan, thats fair enough. Opinions etc.

They laugh because you dont have a shred of evidence. Nothing. Nada.

Why you'd want to destabilise the Club only you know (but we can guess its a West Ham type thing :lol: )
But if your going to continually call people shady/untrustworthy/chancers

Do you not think you should back your claims up with a bit of proof??

The Malaysians could have hung on for a few months and bought the Club from
Administration. Goodbye historical debt. They chose not to. They chose to do
the honourable thing and pay people. Are they Trustworthy?

YOU yourself said 'tough shit' to the small businesses that Cardiff City owed
money to. You said it was their own fault for dealing with a Football Club. Are you Trustworthy?

Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:35 pm

Midfield general wrote:
taffyapple wrote:Do you realise how many people on this board piss themselves when you keep
mentioning 'Dispatches'

If people want to laugh at my opinion well thats their problem but once again its more evidence than you have that its not the case

Except the Dispatches programme was riddled with factual errors.

You are citing your "evidence" as comments made by an alcoholic ex-England player and a chancer trying to get "investors" to give him money.

Hardly reliable sources - what next, a junkie and a whore?

I've no doubt that dodginess has gone on involving other clubs. When Dispatches had the guy using Cardiff and Tan's name, that's hardly conclusive proof is it? Chancer name-dropping to try to secure a deal shocker.

So what reliable evidence do you have that the Malaysians are not to be trusted?

Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:13 pm

lol dispatches didn't prove any theory of yours! they didn't have any evidence of any wrong doing on the malays part, all they did was was name drop. what they have done though is proven that you are gullable lol

Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:23 pm

ccfclover wrote:lol dispatches didn't prove any theory of yours! they didn't have any evidence of any wrong doing on the malays part, all they did was was name drop. what they have done though is proven that you are gullable lol

He's gullible to whoever is pulling his strings. He nods his head, posts
absolute bullshit on their behalf then runs for cover. The man is an
idiot.

I just wish I'd been to watch City in the years before the Leeds Cup game :? :? :?

:lol: :lol: :lol: What a belter!!

Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:26 pm

It is all well asking for proof that the Malaysian gentlemen aren't trustworthy, but surely the onus should be on people to prove they ARE trustworthy?

Vincent Tan is a billionaire, and you don't become a millionaire without being ruthless and devoid of compassion. Money is money to him, and a billionaire like him would let nothing get in the way of what he wants, not even the wellbeing of a football club.

As in other areas of business, such as banking, it is VERY safe to assume the above is true about the majority of high ranking and wealthy millionaires. The same with politicians, super rich oil barons, etc.

Always assume the worst, and anything less will be a pleasant surprise.