Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WHERE IS OLOFINJANI ??

Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:40 am

Had a quiz last night and one of the questions was about the nigerian who came on loan to cardiff city last season.....

but after checking his wickipedia it states he is still a hull player, however he doesn't seem to be in their first or reserve squad..

was just wondering who he was currently playing for as it was bugging me... Is he long term injured or is it because he was on high wages and there was some clause in his contract that was due to be triggered? he was an ok player some days great some not, but i cant believe he wouldn't be good enough for some championship clubs...

any ideas??

Re: WHERE IS OLOFINJANI ??

Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:55 am

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:Had a quiz last night and one of the questions was about the nigerian who came on loan to cardiff city last season.....

but after checking his wickipedia it states he is still a hull player, however he doesn't seem to be in their first or reserve squad..

was just wondering who he was currently playing for as it was bugging me... Is he long term injured or is it because he was on high wages and there was some clause in his contract that was due to be triggered? he was an ok player some days great some not, but i cant believe he wouldn't be good enough for some championship clubs...

any ideas??

hes playing in dave jones back garden with the promise of a club real soon
lol
but seriously i have no idea

Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:02 am

Hes still out injured i think.

Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:18 am

I got to know Seyi a bit last season and actually met up with him last Monday. He is still a Hull player. You may remember that in a match around February time he picked up a knee injury and was then out for a few weeks. He came back but the injury was worse than was thought. He had an operation as soon as the season ended whcih has meant he has been out until now. He is now back in full training with Hull and should be playing again in a couple of weeks. He is not sure whether he will stay at Hull or whether they will send him out on loan again.

Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:37 am

fillibee wrote:I got to know Seyi a bit last season and actually met up with him last Monday. He is still a Hull player. You may remember that in a match around February time he picked up a knee injury and was then out for a few weeks. He came back but the injury was worse than was thought. He had an operation as soon as the season ended whcih has meant he has been out until now. He is now back in full training with Hull and should be playing again in a couple of weeks. He is not sure whether he will stay at Hull or whether they will send him out on loan again.

Maybe that explains why his performances dropped dramatically after Christmas.

Its all coming out mind, no wonder we missed out, injuries to Hudson, McPhail, Bellamy, both keepers over the last few weeks and the play offs, Chopra's demons, Jays lack of bollox, Olfoinjana playing with and injury (I'm sure he wans't the only one), all this probably more of a problem than we realise.

Then if DJ was to gamble with several big wage big name players and not in a bigger lower paid squad it may not have hurt us so much.

Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:52 am

Lawnmower wrote:
fillibee wrote:I got to know Seyi a bit last season and actually met up with him last Monday. He is still a Hull player. You may remember that in a match around February time he picked up a knee injury and was then out for a few weeks. He came back but the injury was worse than was thought. He had an operation as soon as the season ended whcih has meant he has been out until now. He is now back in full training with Hull and should be playing again in a couple of weeks. He is not sure whether he will stay at Hull or whether they will send him out on loan again.

Maybe that explains why his performances dropped dramatically after Christmas.

Its all coming out mind, no wonder we missed out, injuries to Hudson, McPhail, Bellamy, both keepers over the last few weeks and the play offs, Chopra's demons, Jays lack of bollox, Olfoinjana playing with and injury (I'm sure he wans't the only one), all this probably more of a problem than we realise.

Then if DJ was to gamble with several big wage big name players and not in a bigger lower paid squad it may not have hurt us so much.

I considered all of this just after the New Year. At this time Chopra was on his way back from a chin fracture against Doncaster (Bellamys debut), Bothroyd was still out after pulling a handstring ( Preston home just after his England debut) and It became common news Bellamys knee problem was a lot more serious than we first thought hence playing one in two games). We went through an awful run, November and December, which basically killed out season although none of us realised it then.

My gripe though is we still had a good enough sqaud to pick up a lot more points than we did. I thought we had enough quality to pick up maximum points against Preston and Middlesborough last December but we only got one point and that was a last minute goal. In comparison to this season when we have had injuries we have played some good football and come away with a lot more points. Last season when we lost our baseline we gave in but this season we are holding it together. That is what is giving me confidence for this campaign.

Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:37 pm

cheers for that.

he was always a nice guy.... hope he gets back playing soon...

Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:45 pm

I spoke to him for 20 minutes after a game against Hull, He was buzzing after getting his first goal! :ayatollah: