Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" THE PLAYERS WE TARGETTED FOR LOAN MOVES "

Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:20 am

I can today tell you the names of two players that Malky Mackay targeted for possible loan moves and the reason why these players did not sign for City.

Mame Biram Diouf, Man Utd, was one and a deal was agreed by both clubs for a loan but the player himself turned the move because he did not want to step down to the Championship. I do wonder if the players view on this has now changed ?

Federico Macheda, also of Man Utd, was also sounded out as a potential loan player but Malky Mackay decided against the move after following advice and concerns from his recruitment staff over the attitude of Macheda and the possible negative effect that he would have on team spirit.

Both these players are likely to go out on loan in January says Sir Alex.

Neither of these players are the players we were hopeful of signing on the emergency loan deadline day.

Re: PLAYERS WE TARGETTED FOR LOAN MOVES

Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:24 am

Although we are short on numbers I'd question whether these players are actually good enough. Macheada maybe but diouf no way.

Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:25 am

carlccfc wrote:I can today tell you the names of two players that Malky Mackay targeted for possible loan moves and the reason why these players did not sign for City.

Mame Biram Diouf, Man Utd, was one and a deal was agreed by both clubs for a loan but the player himself turned the move because he did not want to step down to the Championship. I do wonder if the players view on this has now changed ?

Federico Macheda, also of Man Utd, was also sounded out as a potential loan player but Malky Mackay decided against the move after following advice and concerns from his recruitment staff over the attitude of Macheda and the possible negative effect that he would have on team spirit.

Neither of these players are the players we were hopeful of signing on the emergency loan deadline day.

Both these fellers would have involved a fair amount of cash/wages etc Carl
so i hope we can ALL finally see that Malky Mackay WAS being backed by the
board. None of us really knew if he was or he wasnt, well now we know!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

We're all in this together. Owners, Directors, Manager, players, fans!!!

One love!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:29 am

taffyapple wrote:
carlccfc wrote:I can today tell you the names of two players that Malky Mackay targeted for possible loan moves and the reason why these players did not sign for City.

board. None of us really knew if he was or he wasnt, well now we know!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I agree Taff nothing more to say on the matter. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:30 am

these are exactly the type of players we do not need though... cannot see either of these having the same work rate as any of our xi ...

i would take kenny miller and rudy any day over mancheda!

Re: " THE PLAYERS WE TARGETTED FOR LOAN MOVES "

Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:48 am

So who was the deadline day loan we went after ?

Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:01 am

castleblue wrote:
taffyapple wrote:

I agree Taff nothing more to say on the matter. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Except that Malky is a fussy fucker!! :lol: :lol:

There are obviously issues at the Club re: the ticket office/Marketing stuff like that.
Things aint perfect, Cardiff City is still a Work In Progress...But overall, an outsider
looking in would see a very professional set-up, and dare i say it.. A Premiership Club
in waiting!!!

We were all drooling thinking about Macheda a few weeks back and were told he was
not a target (naughty boy Malky! :lol: ) but to find out now that he WAS, and that WE
knocked HIM back shows just what a serious individual Mister Mackay is!

Malky exudes professionalism. From the early days watching tapes of the players in
training with him I think we all felt something had changed for the better at this Club

BUT HURRY UP AND SIGN SOMEONE WILL YA!!!! :evil:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:10 am

haha so pick up the two players that were put out in the press yesterday , thats great! great update, thanks :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:16 am

McClane wrote:haha so pick up the two players that were put out in the press yesterday , thats great! great update, thanks :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ben, I would suggest you read back through my previous posts and you will find that these players were posted on here quite some time ago but this time I have given the reasons why both players did not become loan players of ours during the last window.

Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:18 am

taffyapple wrote:
castleblue wrote:
taffyapple wrote:

There are obviously issues at the Club re: the ticket office/Marketing stuff like that.
Things aint perfect, Cardiff City is still a Work In Progress...But overall, an outsider
looking in would see a very professional set-up, and dare i say it.. A Premiership Club
in waiting!!!

We were all drooling thinking about Macheda a few weeks back and were told he was
not a target (naughty boy Malky! :lol: ) but to find out now that he WAS, and that WE

Malky exudes professionalism. From the early days watching tapes of the players in
training with him I think we all felt something had changed for the better at this Club

Dave in fairness when Malky said Macheda was not a target at that time he was indeed correct as he had been warned off him previously in the summer.

Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:21 am

taffyapple wrote:

in waiting!!!

I really think that MM is setting the bar very high when it comes to getting PL loan players in, I thought the PL player he knocked back was Nile Ranger but these two I think are in a different league.

Alex Ferguson thinks a lot of both of these players and getting agreement for either of them is a bit of a coup for MM. I can't wait to see who is actually brings in now because Carl has confirmed we got close to signing one of these so who was the player we missed out on at the end of the loan window.

Hmmmmm :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:26 am

carlccfc wrote:
taffyapple wrote:
castleblue wrote:
taffyapple wrote:

in waiting!!!

Dave in fairness when Malky said Macheda was not a target at that time he was indeed correct as he had been warned off him previously in the summer.

Ah righto. I thought Malky had been a sneaky beaky :lol:

Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:37 am

wouldnt want either one of them at city,the fact that diouf said he didnt want to move down a level shows how useful he would be in a promotion dogfight, macheda will probably be shipped off to Italy

in malky we trust :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:16 am

Cheers for this Carl.

There have been a lot of wild guesses at these 2 players being the guys we tried to get but no one actually coming forward and saying for definate it was them. I expect others will come forward now and say we knew that from the start. Well if they did why did they not say for definate like? I know why they didn't.

Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:17 am

Basically it seems we can rest assured that we won't be loaning/signing players who are only here for the ride and the wage packet ala JLS, JET and Koumas, any signings/loans in the next transfer window will be vetted by Malky and his staff and we will only get in the one's that will put a full shift in, bloody hell I love this guy. :D :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:55 am

glad we didnt get macheda, he looks shiite. in malky we trust. if anyone we could do with someone like kevin phillips, a natural proven goal scorer who can do a job for half a match or so if we need him.

Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:40 pm

I don't think people should judge Macheda & Diouf on the Palace game - I think they're better than that personally.

Still, glad we didn't/won't be signing them.

I trust Malky 100% to get the right players in during the next few windows (even if they aren't 'big names').

Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:55 pm

Wouldn't want Diouf after this, don't want anyone here who doesn't want to play for us!!!!

Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:24 pm

Told everyone about Macheda last month , but I'm sure you said it definitely would not happen .

Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:00 pm

Diouf actually agreed to come to us but Man United pulled out last minute, beacuse they want to sell him abroad in January. Which they wouldnt be able to if he'd played for 2 UK teams.

Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:45 pm

I watched the C. Palace vs Man Utd game the other day and both players were involved. I'm not only glad that these loans didn't materialise but I would also add that I wouldn't touch any of the Man Utd youngsters who played that night with a barge poll.

Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:47 pm

Worcester bluebird wrote:Told everyone about Macheda last month , but I'm sure you said it definitely would not happen .

That's right and it didn't.

Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:48 am

Cheers Carlos. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: