Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Danny Gabbidon wants cardiff return

Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:36 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15991537.stm :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Danny Gabbidon wants cardiff return

Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:41 pm

as much as i loved watching him back in the day.. no thankyou

i cant help thinking his wage demands caused a lot of the issues in january?

Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:52 pm

Alternative headline: "Cardiff don't want Danny Gabbidon return"

He's yesterday's news, in my opinion. He was great for us years ago, but his career has been blighted by injury and I honestly don't think he would improve our present side.

Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:15 pm

What gets me about that is they say they would like to return back to our Club some Day which tells me when they aren't as w good as what they were, and there Club don't want them anymore then they would like to come back. As Much as i love DG we would then be looking for better. I Still live in hope Darcey can turn his wayward life around and become a CCFC Legend :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:27 pm

is this joke friday thread :lol:

Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:33 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:What gets me about that is they say they would like to return back to our Club some Day which tells me when they aren't as w good as what they were, and there Club don't want them anymore then they would like to come back. As Much as i love DG we would then be looking for better. I Still live in hope Darcey can turn his wayward life around and become a CCFC Legend :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Agreed - the bit about Mr Blake, too.

:ayatollah:

Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:47 pm

if he come in january for free and on cheap wages we could do with the experience, if he has one poor game though, he can rot in the reserves
u never know he might do ok at championship for a season

Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:40 pm

odd comments from him really, oddly timed as well.
he has only just been signed for QPR.....He wouldnt get in the current City 11 so cant see him being good enough for a future 11

Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:42 pm

2blue2handle wrote:odd comments from him really, oddly timed as well.
he has only just been signed for QPR.....He wouldnt get in the current City 11 so cant see him being good enough for a future 11

anythigns better than gerrard and blake tho !!

Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:45 pm

jezzy666 wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:odd comments from him really, oddly timed as well.

anythigns better than gerrard and blake tho !!

Maybe but does he want a return to sit on the bench and at his age and with his injury problems is he the best type to have on the bench?
Dont get me wrong I like Gabbidon....he would have been ideal to have had last Jan IMO

Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:04 pm

We signed keinan instead of him in january didnt we? :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:11 pm

No thanks, Danny. :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:55 pm

Learn a lesson from the earnie signing. Some memories need to stay just that. going back rarely works.

Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:44 pm

only thing he wants is a high pay for the end of his playing days

shit,

Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:54 pm

we can no longer be sentimentel,sorry but like earnie,danny is past his best,bring in new young blood :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:51 am

SamCCFC1927 wrote:http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15991537.stm :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

What kind of 'return' does he want?? :?:

He could try www.thetrainline.co.uk for some great deals ;)

I can't believe you all thought he meant he wanted to come and play for the Bluebirds again :roll: :lol:

I think (regrettably) we may have learned a lesson in sentimentality with the return of the 'pocket hero' this season but I SINCERELY hope he proves us wrong!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:54 am

Great player for us back in the day but sorry Danny, you wouldn't get on our bench now I'm afraid. Good luck at QPR though

Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:23 am

JonCCFC wrote:No thanks, Danny. :ayatollah:

this

:ayatollah:

Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:55 pm

dont call us danny we will call you :lol: :lol: we are building for the future we re going forward not backwards :lol: