Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: MARK HUGHES FOR WALES JOB

Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:55 pm

Hope not.

Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:09 pm

Hughes messsed up wales tactics against russia when it mattered ........................ dont rate Hughes he had his chance ...........No real suggestions though as we had turned the corner ...........................Southampton boss part time

Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:22 pm

Bottled it when the crunch was on for us, favoured his mates in the Welsh squad which hampered the development of the youngsters. Can't play anything other than 4-5-1.

Shit on Wales by quitting for Blackburn, but remaining in charge for the high profile England game.

Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:46 pm

Gary's funeral has not taken place yet, so it's way too early. Think about it after Christmas.

But no, not Mark Hughes.

Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:55 pm

Ok this is my first post but read this forum alot! So here goes for me this question has come far to early but is at the forefront of every welsh fans mind. But other than picking a manager that keeps taking us forward there is a whole load of problem the faw must take ito cosideration like?

Who can lift the young squad who have lost a man who they belived in?
We have to keep speeds backroom staff as they have done nothing wrong and would like to achieve somthing in speeds memory.
Can we bring in someone who is hrting from speeds loss but at the same time lift a squad to keep the speed progress?
Also who wont cost to much and can do all of the above as the faw laid a lot of cash down to get speeds backroom staff.
There is so much more to consider other than picking the best available manager.

We all have an opinion but lets all just put this to one side so we can digest that we have lost a real leader, manager,family man, friend and welsh legend

R.I.P Gary Speed in a shrt time as welsh manager you gave so much hope and pride and this should never be fogoten!!!! :(

Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:17 pm

Hope its not Hughes, 6 competitive wins, long ball football, not good enough.
I say bring in Giggs and keep the back room staff that Speed had. There's plenty of experience there to make up for any Giggs might lack.

Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:30 pm

speedo #1 wrote:Ok this is my first post but read this forum alot! So here goes for me this question has come far to early but is at the forefront of every welsh fans mind. But other than picking a manager that keeps taking us forward there is a whole load of problem the faw must take ito cosideration like?

Who can lift the young squad who have lost a man who they belived in?
We have to keep speeds backroom staff as they have done nothing wrong and would like to achieve somthing in speeds memory.
Can we bring in someone who is hrting from speeds loss but at the same time lift a squad to keep the speed progress?
Also who wont cost to much and can do all of the above as the faw laid a lot of cash down to get speeds backroom staff.
There is so much more to consider other than picking the best available manager.

We all have an opinion but lets all just put this to one side so we can digest that we have lost a real leader, manager,family man, friend and welsh legend

R.I.P Gary Speed in a shrt time as welsh manager you gave so much hope and pride and this should never be fogoten!!!! :(

Great first post and welcome to the forum :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:10 pm

Not Hughes PLEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...!! look at his record as Wales Manager.. totally shit...!!

Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:19 am

BigGwynram wrote:Got to be a better option than Dave Jones, I wonder if he was suprised he never got mentioned in the running or the Sunderland job. :o

I Would put my house and everthing i have that DJ - Does not get the Wales job :o :shock: :o :shock:
How can this man work with players like Mathews - Leadley - Rambo - Earnie - Blake - to name just 5 :?:

Get a former Welsh international player in as Manager with Welsh help - for these lads to look up to and finnish the job that GARY SPEED - set up to do :!:

Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:09 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:Got to be a better option than Dave Jones, I wonder if he was suprised he never got mentioned in the running or the Sunderland job. :o

I Would put my house and everthing i have that DJ - Does not get the Wales job :o :shock: :o :shock:
How can this man work with players like Mathews - Leadley - Rambo - Earnie - Blake - to name just 5 :?:

Get a former Welsh international player in as Manager with Welsh help - for these lads to look up to and finnish the job that GARY SPEED - set up to do :!:

well said :) :P