Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" DOES ANYONE THINK ? "

Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:37 pm

That clubs from the Premiership this season, will go after Malky ?

Re: " DOES ANYONE THINK ? "

Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:39 pm

No, can't see it. End of the season maybe, but not during the season.

Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:39 pm

100% ....He's defo been noticed that's for sure, doing a brilliant job fair play :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:40 pm

The wonders he has worked with city at the moment mate i bet he has turned a few heads in the prem, they can keep their paws off though :ayatollah:
Last edited by Daniel_PT_blues on Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:40 pm

Nope because Malki wont go because he is managing a better team than some of those teams in the premier.

Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:41 pm

Lets put it this way - I can't see him going to Sunderland.

It might be an ideal fit for Dave Jones though!

Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:43 pm

It's very rare for a Premier League club to appoint a manager from a Championship club. Most will either get a foreigner or a British manager who is out of work but has previous Premier League managerial experience (Hughes, O'Neil etc)

Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:43 pm

End of season maybe. I cant see him leaving though any time soon because he put a lot of effort creating his backroom setup. And bringing in players that he thought were right, and that he had worked with before. He probably doesn't want to go through that process again.

Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:48 pm

NJ73 wrote:It's very rare for a Premier League club to appoint a manager from a Championship club. Most will either get a foreigner or a British manager who is out of work but has previous Premier League managerial experience (Hughes, O'Neil etc)

roberto martinez :)

Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:51 pm

Brendan Rogers to Sunderland?

Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:53 pm

bob dylan wrote:
NJ73 wrote:It's very rare for a Premier League club to appoint a manager from a Championship club. Most will either get a foreigner or a British manager who is out of work but has previous Premier League managerial experience (Hughes, O'Neil etc)

roberto martinez :)

Aye and the only other one I can think of off the top of my head is David Moyes, and that was years ago.

Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:58 pm

No he is a Bluebird and we will not let him go. I will personally kidnap him if he tries :lol:

Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:21 pm

Forever Blue wrote:That clubs from the Premiership this season, will go after Malky ?

Yes.

Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:26 pm

Well if Malky wants to manage in the Championship next season he could manage the Jacks :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

MM AINT GOING NOWHERE :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:29 pm

Good point.

Brendan Rogers is a good example after what he did with you lot last season.

Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:36 pm

Forever Blue wrote:That clubs from the Premiership this season, will go after Malky ?

what length of contract is malky on?
what wage bracket is he in and any bonuses?

Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:41 pm

jinks-rct wrote:

what length of contract is malky on?
what wage bracket is he in and any bonuses?

Put it this way for Dave Jones it would of been pocket money :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:09 pm

Yep a Premier League team called Cardiff will sign him on a 5 year contract once he gets us promoted

Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:13 pm

no way,

hes doing a good job, but its too early yet IMO

Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:19 pm

Do you think Chelsea will go for Rodgers when AVB is fired?

Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:23 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

Do you think Chelsea will go for Rodgers when AVB is fired?

No chance, they'll go high profile. I wouldn't be surprised to see Pep Guardiola go there in the summer as he's been making noises about leaving Barca and Mourinho is getting the better of him at the moment.

Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:24 pm

Hope not, and don't think so, not yet.

Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:26 pm

Malky has done really so far but there maybe a couple of reasons he may consider leaving. In no order if feels the club owners are not backing his efforts to get Cardiff into the premiership. If a decent club from the premiership offer Malky a long term contract and more money and promise to back him financially. I cant see Malky going to a strugling Premiership side as he would know that would narrow his chances of success. If I were the owners of the club I would back him financially by bringing in the players wants that would give the club the best chance of promotion. ATB. Reeco