Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Blackburn Rovers Support

Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:52 pm

I was actually quite impressed with the travelling support which they brought to Cardiff last night.
Ok 985 odd may not sound that impressive , however ,they really are a relatively small club fan base wise and testament to this would be to see their crowds drop, should they get relegated.

The Carling cup is also not their main proirity.Teams with percieved bigger support ( Derby, Sheff United ) have really brought shameful numbers in comparison

They have a reasonable average home attendance however, This is boosted by the fact that they are in the North West , have a very large away end and offer the cheapest season tickets in the Premier League.

The fans that travel away with them really are passionate and they do not deserve the manager they have at present.

I was impressed with the support they took to Ninian Park in the FA Cup, they took me by surprise by their passion in Portugal, ( They were actually asking locals where the Cardiff supporters were drinking), and again last night they were loud and proud.

If they go down this season, I fear their support will dwindle to around their local rivals, Burnley.

Re: Blackburn Rovers Support

Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:56 pm

Joff wrote:I was actually quite impressed with the travelling support which they brought to Cardiff last night.
Ok 985 odd may not sound that impressive , however ,they really are a relatively small club fan base wise and testament to this would be to see their crowds drop, should they get relegated.

The Carling cup is also not their main proirity.Teams with percieved bigger support ( Derby, Sheff United ) have really brought shameful numbers in comparison

They have a reasonable average home attendance however, This is boosted by the fact that they are in the North West , have a very large away end and offer the cheapest season tickets in the Premier League.

The fans that travel away with them really are passionate and they do not deserve the manager they have at present.

I was impressed with the support they took to Ninian Park in the FA Cup, they took me by surprise by their passion in Portugal, ( They were actually asking locals where the Cardiff supporters were drinking), and again last night they were loud and proud.

If they go down this season, I fear their support will dwindle to around their local rivals, Burnley.

Joff, I was surprised as well :ayatollah:

In the old division 2, they use bring less than 50 fans to us.

Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:51 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Joff wrote:I was actually quite impressed with the travelling support which they brought to Cardiff last night.

20 years at the top helps mind.

I though they made a good noise until we scored.

Why oh why do fans who come from shitty boarded up Nothern Towns like Blackburn and Burnley sing 'Cardiff's a shit-hole'.

I go up that way on work quite a bit and Cardiff is paradise compared to those places.

Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:59 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

20 years at the top helps mind.

I though they made a good noise until we scored.

Why oh why do fans who come from shitty boarded up Nothern Towns like Blackburn and Burnley sing 'Cardiff's a shit-hole'.

I go up that way on work quite a bit and Cardiff is paradise compared to those places.

a few young lads from Huddersfield chanted that this season in cardiff and even their own supporters looked at them embarrased
there are some truly grim places up North England