Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Malaysian flags

Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:06 pm

dont know how many others noticed these last night, but i rang annis from the family stand to see if he'd noticed them in the ninian

in each corner of OUR ground there now hangs 4 f*cking great big MAYAL flags i mean big same size as the big TV.

ok they are our owners, they are our shirt sponsors, but, are we not WELSH? We are losing our identity.

or if they insist on sticking their name and flag everywhere
firstly are they paying for the advertisement?
and
secondly if not, why not put two welsh flags in opposite corners and having two of each ?

im starting to get a bit pissed with these guys :o

Re: Malaysian flags

Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:10 pm

i noticed these Premier
I know what you mean and I had a vision last night.
The club should make the same sized flags of CCFC legends and put them all around the ground adjacent to these Malaysian ones

If you noticed them you will probably know what I mean :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:11 pm

The Premier 1 wrote:dont know how many others noticed these last night, but i rang annis from the family stand to see if he'd noticed them in the ninian

in each corner of OUR ground there now hangs 4 f*cking great big MAYAL flags i mean big same size as the big TV.

ok they are our owners, they are our shirt sponsors, but, are we not WELSH? We are losing our identity.

and
secondly if not, why not put two welsh flags in opposite corners and having two of each ?

these guys saved our club...

they have malaysia sponsoring us. they have put up advertising up around the groud? so what??

it we were sponsered by nike and they were two nike flags up there rather than the malaysian flag would you care, would you hell!!

just because the sponsor is a country, and advertising its flag your not happy.

part of the sponsorship is the advertisement and im sure the deal with the money we recieve or are being given by the malaysians cover shirts and signs scattered round.

were not losing any identity because we have a cuple of our sponsors names in two corners of the ground :s

Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:14 pm

were not losing any identity because we have a cuple of our sponsors names in two corners of the ground :s

you obviously didnt see ALL 4 FLAGS

and if as you say they ARE paying to fly them great that means there is more money available to boost our small squad

Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:16 pm

I seen them and i thought, "Huh nice flags and that was it". Some people like to think more and more and start moaning about them. Come on they are the home nation flags of our owners, SO what!?

Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:17 pm

The Premier 1 wrote:

you obviously didnt see ALL 4 FLAGS

and if as you say they ARE paying to fly them great that means there is more money available to boost our small squad

sorry, now that i know there were 4 flags and not 2 then its a totally different story....

ofcourse they are paying, even if they are not directly paying, they saved the club and pumed lots of there own money in. im sure its all fine and i have no shame in our sponsors having flags up aroudn the ground

Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:20 pm

TBH I never noticed them. In any case VT could stick 400 flags up and it wouldn't dilute my Welsh idenity.

Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:40 pm

I think you guys have missed my point, irrelivent of what they have done.
we are a welsh club in the capitol of wales, and from an outside viewer looking in it may as well be in kuala lumpur.
there is nothing inside our stadium to say who we are, and dont tell me you or i dont pay anything for that right.

Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:42 pm

tony you know i am as happy BOUT THEM BEING HERE AS ANYONE, WITH THAT OUTFIT I WORE THE DAY WE WENT TO THE STADIUM, but !!!!!!!

sorry bout the caps guys

Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:44 pm

Our next two league cup games are going to be seen all over Malaysia, great PR IMHO! :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:46 pm

The Premier 1 wrote:I think you guys have missed my point, irrelivent of what they have done.
we are a welsh club in the capitol of wales, and from an outside viewer looking in it may as well be in kuala lumpur.
there is nothing inside our stadium to say who we are, and dont tell me you or i dont pay anything for that right.

we pay to watch football, our time to perform to the best of there abilities.

we dont pay for a 'right' to have welsh flags everywhere, im one of the most proud welshmen you will get but i really disagree with your points.

i never walk into the ground and think, shit am i in malaysia??, i walk in and see CCFC signs and players on the walls. and i go out and see cardiff city in blue playing there hearts out.

i also see the boards across the touchline with loads of sponsors.... many of them english or foriegn businesses....shall we get rid of them to??? and only have braces bread, leekes and ken thorne world of cars scattered around the side? will that make your paying right happy?? because all it will do is leave the club bankrupt.

our sponsors malaysia have saved our club and put money into the club and they have the right to advertise. that is what a sponsorship is.

its down the the club to put up welsh flags, and/or the FAW. but not our paying right to see it

Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:48 pm

The Premier 1 wrote:I think you guys have missed my point, irrelivent of what they have done.

If the Malaysians want to put there flags up so be it, I wont lose sleep over it. End of the day they saved our club, and if they walked away tomorrrow we would be fucked. You dont see english teams plasturing there ground with england flags and banners to remind everyone there english. :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:48 pm

The Premier 1 wrote:tony you know i am as happy BOUT THEM BEING HERE AS ANYONE, WITH THAT OUTFIT I WORE THE DAY WE WENT TO THE STADIUM, but !!!!!!!

sorry bout the caps guys

Although we all know about Americans owning Man u Russians owning Chelski etc etc?

They are still English clubs. None have lost their identity. ;)

Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:50 pm

As proud as I am being Welsh it doesn't really bother me that we Haven't got massive Welsh flags all over the place, We bring enough flags to the game for people to see we are a well supported Welsh club, I think your being a bit picky.

Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:51 pm

I thought they looked quite good.

Im sure the club wouldnt object to a welsh or city one going next to them if someone wants to pay for it?

Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:56 pm

The Premier 1 wrote:dont know how many others noticed these last night, but i rang annis from the family stand to see if he'd noticed them in the ninian

and

i agree
i have no problem with the flags as such
yes they saved our club
yes they sponsor the shirt
but they could have put at least one Welsh flag up
ideally i would have had two one in each end along side the Malaysian flag

Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:58 pm

You bluebirds slag us of for not doing enough for wales,and yet I'm amazed to ear some of you actually defending the foreigners turning your ground in to a shrine to ther home land,yes they have saved your club,,soso,,but your club is weksh and allways will bee.typical of foreigners forcing them selfs on us in our lands,,if you agree with this then maybe you should question your love for your club and country. .

Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:01 pm

that being the case then, on the flip side of it,
someone show me stamford bridge and pompy covered in ruski flags, old trafford and anfield covered in american flags, man citys ground covered in united arab emirites, blackburns ground covered in indian flags, fulham covered in egypt flags ?

Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:02 pm

swansealad69 wrote:You bluebirds slag us of for not doing enough for wales,and yet I'm amazed to ear some of you actually defending the foreigners turning your ground in to a shrine to ther home land,yes they have saved your club,,soso,,but your club is weksh and allways will bee.typical of foreigners forcing them selfs on us in our lands,,if you agree with this then maybe you should question your love for your club and country. .

apart from the fact i think what your saying is rediculous because if a sponsor pays money to advertise then advertise he shall, no matter what the company or country is...

but im sorry, your spelling and grammer and general writing skills are dreadful, are you typing with pegs???

Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:04 pm

The Premier 1 wrote:that being the case then, on the flip side of it,
someone show me stamford bridge and pompy covered in ruski flags, old trafford and anfield covered in american flags, man citys ground covered in united arab emirites, blackburns ground covered in indian flags, fulham covered in egypt flags ?

Not sure any of those owners saved any of those clubs. Maybe Mo saved Fulham, not sure on that oone.

Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:07 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
The Premier 1 wrote:that being the case then, on the flip side of it,

Not sure any of those owners saved any of those clubs. Maybe Mo saved Fulham, not sure on that oone.

none of those clubs are sponsored by a branded country.

Man utd have AIG up all around their ground, man citys stadium is called the ethiad stadium.

can you not see the flags are not up because the owners just want them up to remind them of hope but because the sponsor ship has paid for the rights to put the flag up.

dear me

Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:09 pm

The point is we are sponsored by 'Malaysia'
the clubs mentioned have their sponsors scattered around their ground
thats why we have the Malaysia name and logo (which happens to be their flag in this case)
we didnt have that last season when we were sponsored by SBOBET
if we were sponsored by Mcdonalds, no doubt the Logo would be all over the place

I think the club should use the space above the seats to have more flags with images related to our club ie, Legends, Welsh flags, our colours etc
they probably wouldnt though

Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:15 pm

eighty_8 wrote:The point is we are sponsored by 'Malaysia'
thats why we have the Malaysia name and logo (which happens to be their flag in this case)
if we were sponsored by Mcdonalds, no doubt the Logo would be all over the place

I think the club should use the space above the seats to have more flags with images related to our club ie, Legends, Welsh flags, our colours etc

I agree, think it looked much smarter covered up, would love to see some of the other sectioned covered with various things.

Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:21 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
eighty_8 wrote:The point is we are sponsored by 'Malaysia'

I agree, think it looked much smarter covered up, would love to see some of the other sectioned covered with various things.

not just me then
maybe Annis and Carl can put forward some sort of idea to Alan Whiteley if they have another meeting

Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:40 pm

but im sorry, your spelling and grammer and general writing skills are dreadful, are you typing with pegs???

kettle n pot i think :o (not sure if the peg comment is supposed to identify me as a jack, way off if it is)

seems you have already lost the argument having to turn to childish taunts and not win with true debate.

eighty_8 i like the way of thinking and maybe its something to consider, would brighten and even things up.

Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:37 pm

and

I honestly dont think its right Andy, Welsh flags should be in the corners, most of our ground is covered in Malaysian stuff as it is. We should keep our identity. I was talking to some Blackburn fans after and they joked and said are you a Malaysian or Welsh club? :roll:

Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:40 pm

The Premier 1 wrote:

kettle n pot i think :o (not sure if the peg comment is supposed to identify me as a jack, way off if it is)

seems you have already lost the argument having to turn to childish taunts and not win with true debate.

eighty_8 i like the way of thinking and maybe its something to consider, would brighten and even things up.

it was clearly aimed at the jack who replied to me, hence me actually quoting the jack in my reply. nothing personal against a fellow bluebird !!

Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:41 pm

The Premier 1 wrote:

Lol, his reply is to swansealad not you Nips!! lol :D :D :D

Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:43 pm

and

i agree with the two wales flags option... i was thinking that as i was reading your post.

:ayatollah:

Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:54 pm

it was clearly aimed at the jack who replied to me, hence me actually quoting the jack in my reply. nothing personal against a fellow bluebird !!

my appologies hard work keeping up on a phone,

yes steve i got the message :D see above lol

annis thank you very much.