Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Man U rip off !

Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:33 am

Apparantly Utd are charging Palace £45 a tkt and allocated them 5,000 tkts in top tier behind the goal ....... hmmm hope we dont draw them now !

Re: Man U rip off !

Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:35 am

Martyn1963 wrote:Apparantly Utd are charging Palace £45 a tkt and allocated them 5,000 tkts in top tier behind the goal ....... hmmm hope we dont draw them now !

did u expect much difference??

Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:35 am

i dunno, 45 quid a ticket isnt that bad, its what you would have to pay to go to Arsenal for example.

if we draw united in the cup, i reckon the tickets could be 65 quid and we would still sell them all

would want more than 5k though

Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:42 am

I think we will draw Man Utd in the semi final for no other reason than they nearly always draw the weaker teams and unless Palace get through that will be exactly what we are. Having said that any of the teams left would do well not to underestimate MM and this team as I'm sure we not roll over for anyone.

MM, the players and the fans have been fantastic during this Carling Cup run and no doubt over a 2 leg semi final the club will earn approaching £1m when you include TV monies. That is a massive boost to our club financially and a fantastic boost to us fans to know whoever we get our manager and team will prepare properly and give us fans a real spectacle.

I bet VT has a big smile on his face this morning. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:53 am

no 14k is there allocation.. :D and wen we draw um we will have the same..

Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:19 am

paulh_85 wrote:i dunno, 45 quid a ticket isnt that bad, its what you would have to pay to go to Arsenal for example.

if we draw united in the cup, i reckon the tickets could be 65 quid and we would still sell them all

would want more than 5k though

when we had a replay at the emirates in the FA cup few ears ago, 30 pounds i think. they can f**k off if they think i'd pay 45. not that i'll be getting a ticket anyway cos i'm only an AT member with no LC games this season

Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:24 am

well if you wont pay 45 quid i know many will

i went to the chelsea FA cup match a few years ago though i cant remember how much it cost. 45 quid is a lot, sure, but if i can get a ticket ill be going! :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:24 am

it was only 35pound fa cup semi at wembely im not paying 45pound no chance

Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:58 pm

Probably palace couldn't sell more than 5k Martyn.

Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:04 pm

Bowmonster wrote:Probably palace couldn't sell more than 5k Martyn.

They only average about 11k at home. Not dissimilar to QPR last season.

Very poor

Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:35 pm

It is expensive but I would certainly pay it, no point pretending I wouldnt.

Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:43 pm

Palace are well within there rights to ask for more tickets. 15% has to be given. £45 a ticket yes its a rip off and its a Premiere league rip off, but remember Man City charged the Jacks even more. We are helping pay for there overpriced players wages and as from next season teams in the Champions League have to balance the books or they cant enter. So you watch the prices rocket then. :evil:

Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:09 pm

I thought both clubs come to an agreement on the ticket prices ... :?:

Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:11 pm

Yeah we charge them what they charge us SIMPLES :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:12 pm

my dad is a big man u fan said they charging 50 quid a ticket and he simple said he just cant afford it :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:14 pm

SamCCFC1927 wrote:my dad is a big man u fan said they charging 50 quid a ticket and he simple said he just cant afford it :ayatollah:

Well tell him to support a proper team :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:19 pm

he been supporting them since he was 9 mate :roll:

Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:44 pm

How much do you think they'll charge us at home for tickets against Man City, Man Utd/Liverpool?

Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:46 pm

I hope it's not that section Wales were given when we played there against England a few years ago.

I was near the top and it was so high up, it was like watching the game through a post box slot. It felt detached from the rest of the ground and was hard to get much of an atmosphere going.

Man City or Liverpool would be much better for atmosphere but we'd have more chance against Liverpool.

Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:47 pm

I am delighted to be in the semi-final though :D

Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:50 pm

I am happy with a good semi :oops: :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol:

Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:03 pm

i really dont think that the away side has to give 15%, not in the league cup anyway

Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:20 pm

Martyn1963 wrote:Apparantly Utd are charging Palace £45 a tkt and allocated them 5,000 tkts in top tier behind the goal ....... hmmm hope we dont draw them now !

We'd be ENTITLED to more than 5,000 under the rules :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:20 pm

I thought both sides had to argee the ticket prices :old: