Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

SO MUCH LOVE,SUCH A WASTE

Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:05 am

There was so much love for Gary Speed shown at our stadium and many others last night it makes me angry to think of what a waste of a great life.

Dean Saunders summed it up for me when he said no matter what was troubling Gary, or what ever he may have done to cause him such distress, nothing warranted such a drastic action, if only he could have seen how much love the nation had for him, people are surmising that there must have been some under lying factors, but whatever it may be that troubled him so much, i'm sure his loved ones and the nation would have forgiven him anything.

I just hope there proves to be no scandal, and heaven help the newspaper that discloses anything of the sort should there be any, but even if there is I'm sure the great legacy and real top bloke that he was will be the abiding memory that people will treasure.

Just wish Gary had turned to one or some of his many friends for help or advice, no matter who you are, or how strong you appear, now and then we all need some help and advice, it's not a weakness to be troubled and perhaps we can all learn from this tragedy that opening up and turning to one another instead of bottling things up is the way forward.

The applause and minutes silence last night had me blubbing like a baby and i'm not ashamed to say it, such a tragic waste of a beautiful life.

R.I.P. Gary, hope you were looking down on everything last night, and hope you are at peace now. :(

Re: SO MUCH LOVE,SUCH A WASTE

Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:12 am

great words from saunders and totally true

Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:40 pm

a few years ago my son now 24 had the same thing . his best mate . only 20 at the time , this has brought it all flooding back for him .we as family fight long and hard for our family . but find it difficult to cover sutch a sad loss of a great boy . even now there is still no reason as to why ??? we all wish that if anybody who gets this bad in life they could tell us . we all know we would help . may there gods go with them . we will all over the next few years remember them and never forget . r i p . gary . and david . :old:

Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:55 pm

When things like this happen often people will say 'I just want to know why'

Personally I don't. Gary Speed had his reasons for taking his own life and his family will probably know why but for the rest of us it's none of our business.

I will respect a minutes silence and will clap and appluad his name but that's it I don't want know anymore about it and in my mind that is the best way of for everyone.

Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:56 pm

I'm not going to the disservice of repeating it, but if what they're saying the papers were going to print is true, then whatever paper it was is an absolute disgrace and should be banned.

Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:18 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:When things like this happen often people will say 'I just want to know why'

Personally I don't. Gary Speed had his reasons for taking his own life and his family will probably know why but for the rest of us it's none of our business.

I will respect a minutes silence and will clap and appluad his name but that's it I don't want know anymore about it and in my mind that is the best way of for everyone.

Great post mate and i'm with you totally, I have my memories and I want nothing to tarnish them, and as long as he ain't broke any major laws, then it ain't anyone else s business either.

Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:22 pm

BigGwynram wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:When things like this happen often people will say 'I just want to know why'

Great post mate and i'm with you totally, I have my memories and I want nothing to tarnish them, and as long as he ain't broke any major laws, then it ain't anyone else s business either.

exactly right, who cares?