Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Let's get political....Opinions on the Strike

Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:54 pm

I'd be interested to hear everyones opinions on the strike on Wednesday :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I will keep my opinions close to my chest for now :o

Re: Let's get political....Opinions on the Strike

Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:56 pm

Sack the f*cking lot of them and get the eastern europeans in to do their jobs at half the price

Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:12 pm

Anyone going on strike in this day and age is a disgrace. They all have jobs, WE pay for their lovely cozy pensions and because they have to contribute more they go on strike. Stop them all 2 months pay I say because people out in the real world have no sympathy for these very selfish lot. Makes my bloody blood boil. :evil:

Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:17 pm

Blazing Saddles wrote:Anyone going on strike in this day and age is a disgrace. They all have jobs, WE pay for their lovely cozy pensions and because they have to contribute more they go on strike. Stop them all 2 months pay I say because people out in the real world have no sympathy for these very selfish lot. Makes my bloody blood boil. :evil:

I agree lets f*cking hang them all

Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:26 pm

splottbluebird48 wrote:
Blazing Saddles wrote:Anyone going on strike in this day and age is a disgrace. They all have jobs, WE pay for their lovely cozy pensions and because they have to contribute more they go on strike. Stop them all 2 months pay I say because people out in the real world have no sympathy for these very selfish lot. Makes my bloody blood boil. :evil:

Before my wife passed on my wife wasn't having £150 a month stopped out of her wages for her pension then, it was coming out of yours, and for working 12 years as a social worker she only got £45 per week as her gold lined public sector pension. Sorry you are talking rubbish

Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:27 pm

Its all down to basic economics,,,public sector pension contributions in this country are not sustainable in the long term,,, people living longer, less people working, paying NIC, in ten/twenty years time we will have a Greece situation on our hands, maybe even worse.

Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:28 pm

When these stinking governments we've had the past years put more emphasis on other people's problems abroad.ie afgan libya and so on instead of looking after a health service the world is in envy of. there must be so
Drying really fucked up about this country.

Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:31 pm

Charging more to get paid less at the end of it (If what I've gathered is correct). Typical Tory policy.

Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:32 pm

agree with you. im sure there are individual cases were people are hard done to,and nurses in this country do a fantastic job ,they really do,but in general public sector workers have it easy compared to other jobs.
half the postmen in caerphilly are sat on their arses on the "sick" receiving full pay FFS

Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:41 pm

Sorry but none of you comprehend what a public sector worker is. who cleans your rubbish away, who teaches your kids, who supports people who are in trouble with the law (god forbid any of yours are in trouble) who looks after the sick, who helps in an emergency. Get a grip the lot of you.,

Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:49 pm

splottbluebird48 wrote:Sorry but none of you comprehend what a public sector worker is. who cleans your rubbish away, who teaches your kids, who supports people who are in trouble with the law (god forbid any of yours are in trouble) who looks after the sick, who helps in an emergency. Get a grip the lot of you.,

I agree with the different levels of contribution, one hand, lets say a head teacher or police inspector, & on the other hand a care assistant or refuse collector.

Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:50 pm

Public sector pensions have been profitable for years and years. This profit has gone back to the exchequer and has been spent by the Government.

Now the Government has run out of money, they expect public sector workers to contribute more again. These pensions were only revised a couple of years ago to the detriment of those paying in and now the Government wants to move the goalposts again.

And for those saying Public Sector employees are well paid, whether they be pen pushers or not, are talking absolute rubbish. I work in the public sector and have had to take a 2% pay cut this year having had no pay rise for the 3 previous years as well as a £200 a year charge to park my car in the office car park.

Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:52 pm

splottbluebird48 wrote:

I hardly think that is an appropriate comment at the moment.

Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:55 pm

NJ73 wrote:
splottbluebird48 wrote:

I hardly think that is an appropriate comment at the moment.

I apologise for that comment insensitive sorry

Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:59 pm

Everybody out!

Just look at the state of the valleys after kuntbitch destroyed a proud community.

If you tolerate this then your children will be next.

working class tories....what a shower of eejits :lol:

Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:04 pm

It winds me up they need to get over it they are working till there 65 just like me and everyone else why strike and piss people off

Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:11 pm

Johnny Rythmn wrote:Everybody out!

Just look at the state of the valleys after kuntbitch destroyed a proud community.

Very true,,,,but this country has been going down the pan since the late 60's.
I blame the Hippy Revolution Crowd for that.
Too much Free love this, & free this & that.
It just got worse

Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:13 pm

WelshBluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:I'm more on about pen pushers.

Yet most of the people striking on Wednesday will not be the pen pushers.
They will be those who we all know are vital for our society (nurses, teachers etc) who will be hit the hardest by these changes.

Totally agree :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:16 pm

I think you will find that their are not a lot of nurses on strike on Wednesday!

Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:17 pm

birchblue wrote:It winds me up they need to get over it they are working till there 65 just like me and everyone else why strike and piss people off

Respectful question: What would YOU do in THEIR position??

Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:19 pm

birchblue wrote:It winds me up they need to get over it they are working till there 65 just like me and everyone else why strike and piss people off

To be fair, it depends on the job.
Certainly trying to control a room full of unruly teenagers when you are 65 years of age would not be easy, and would probably have adverse affects on the persons health.

Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:20 pm

being made false promises is of course wrong,no doubting that, but is going on strike the answer,it seems such an easy thing to do these days

Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:24 pm

englishbluebird wrote:being made false promises is of course wrong,no doubting that, but is going on strike the answer,it seems such an easy thing to do these days

But what else can they actually do?
The government is not listening at all (despite claiming to be negotiating - in reality it is them telling the unions "have this or nothing", which certainly is not negotiation), so striking is one of their only options really.

Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:25 pm

Sven Ghali wrote:

Respectful question: What would YOU do in THEIR position??

Not strike the country is in a mess as it is now people have to take days of to cover for there kids.

Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:27 pm

No disrespect but you have no f*cking idea what your talking about and comments like yours MAKE MY f*cking BLOOD BOIL... How do you pay for my f*cking pension? and out of curiousity what do you do for a living???? :x

Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:30 pm

Solution let them retire at the agreed age but make them pay more tax lnow. :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:34 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:
Johnny Rythmn wrote:Everybody out!

Very true,,,,but this country has been going down the pan since the late 60's.
I blame the Hippy Revolution Crowd for that.
Too much Free love this, & free this & that.
It just got worse

This country started to get into debt in 1876 and it's never independently recovered.
Germany is the main country in Europe and you can knock them as much as you like but they will step up and take control again.
Britain has been indebtedt to the USA since WW2....this country is the 53rd state of the USA and if you can't see that then you is blind cuz, INNIT?.

end of lecture goodnight everyone.

SUPPORT THE WORKERS.......FCUK THE BANKERS AND POLOTICIANS :ayatollah: :old:

Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:35 pm

I work, come home, switch off. The Mrs comes home after doing a typical 11+ hour stint at school (dont believe what you hear) then have to mark books for 2-3 hours a night. All part of the job I hear you say, very well...but it isnt. I earn a considerable anount more than her for an unskilled, less demanding job with a lot less hours. The government are wanting her to increase her pension contribution although her salary, which if I told you, you'd be shocked with for an experienced Spanish/French teacher... but yet there are no signs of an salary increase.

Ill admit, I used to look at the job role as a teacher in a simplistic way. They getting paid to spend 6 weeks off in the peak of summer, get weekends off, bank holiday off, schools out by 3.30 at the latest, sweet! Iv'e learnt not to be so one dimensional in my thinking with out really knowing.

My mrs is going into work on Wednesday, sadly because she cant afford to lose a days wage, nor can she go a day behind on the workload. I personally couldn't do what she does, then come home and balance home life too. Planning assembley, lessons, trips, parents meeting, marking national exams, extra curricular activities....she comes home gone late evening at times on a Saturday to help out with extra things too. Don't get me wrong, there might be lazy teacher who will try and get away with as much as is possible, by the other half doesn't have the character to be like that.

I try not pass judgement on anything (except football) but I accept you all have an opinion, but I cant help but get wound up by naive comments. Im telling you that I know first hand how hard my partner works and LIKE f**k is it reflected in her wage packet, simple as that really. Some comments here are typically harsh but and I just sat here and shook my head in disbelief, come on! My partner is considering leaving teaching such is the intensity, she is often coming home upset and im like a agony aunt lately, dont tell me she doesn't have the right to speak out and demand more for what is a talented and in some countries appreciated person.

Thanks for reading

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Last edited by Taff on the Mersey on Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:37 pm

englishbluebird wrote:being made false promises is of course wrong,no doubting that, but is going on strike the answer,it seems such an easy thing to do these days

EAsy think FF's ... me and my wife both loose a days pay that we can ill affored to do especially with Christmas coming up..!! EASY OPTION MY FECKIN ARSE...!!

Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:41 pm

WOW, WOW & f*cking WOW.