Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

our fans desserve great credit today for staying patient

Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:11 pm

even thought it was a poor first half i thought city were well on top in the second half .the fans showed great patients and did not get on the teams back when things didnt go right the team kept beliving they could win the game but it was a relief when ithe goal came :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: our fans desserve great credit today for staying patient

Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:14 pm

staying patient should be a given until the game is over

otherwise youre just making things worse as fans and contributing to a potential loss just as much as the players who are underperforming

i definitely dont agree with the booing of your own team/players, or getting on the players/managers back during the game

which is why i think Blackburn's fans are just awful for not waiting until after games to express their feelings about steve kean, it cant be helping their club

Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:16 pm

agree, everygame lasts 90mins+ , support to the end... it only takes seconds for something to happen....

Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:18 pm

cardiff 74 wrote:even thought it was a poor first half i thought city were well on top in the second half .the fans showed great patients and did not get on the teams back when things didnt go right the team kept beliving they could win the game but it was a relief when ithe goal came :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I agree. The City fans were exceptionally patient; probably due to the fact that the team are (unlike the class of 2010/11) trying 100% even when things aren't quite clicking :ayatollah:

I did, however, think the stadium was very quiet for long long periods of the game and only burst into life sporadically :?

Though Gunter was quiet too and steered clear of his usual antics near the touchline (great to seee him subbed!! :lol: )

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:22 pm

I agree but it's sad that it has to be said, it should be the norm not the exception.

Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:01 pm

i can remember barnsley and scunny at home last season the fans growing impatient after about 15 mins, i was probably as guilty as anyone else to be fair,when youve got top class players like craig bellamy in the team you expect things to happen i suppose

Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:11 pm

Yes, well people who actually go, understand the game, not like some of the keyboard warriors on here.

Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:35 am

cardiff 74 wrote:even thought it was a poor first half i thought city were well on top in the second half .the fans showed great patients and did not get on the teams back when things didnt go right the team kept beliving they could win the game but it was a relief when ithe goal came :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

No offence but we were unbeaten in seven games going into this one,
if for whatever reason, the game wasnt going to plan, THATS when the
fans are supposed to get right behind the lads, THEY deserve that!!
The CCS was quiet as a mouse again, and we're patting each other on the
backs cos the team never got booed???