Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Ben Turner & Andrew Taylor !!

Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:41 pm

Premiership class in my opinion, they were both outstanding today .
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Ben Turner & Andrew Taylor !!

Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:43 pm

taylor has been very good since the start of the season. ben turner has really impressed me since he came to the club. brilliant signings (so far :lol: )

Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:47 pm

I was very impressed with Taylor today, a great signing, he wasnt spectacular but he did his job so very well.
Turner is what I expected and delighted with him and I bet Gerrard was so glad he was next to him :ayatollah:

Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:52 pm

Another decent partnership in Gerrard and Turner!
We are fine in that position :D

Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:00 pm

With all these new players we have got in since last season most of them costing next to nothing or free is there any signings MM has made that have not been up to scratch?

I knew this team would be good at the start. MM for King!

Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:39 pm

Kanester wrote:With all these new players we have got in since last season most of them costing next to nothing or free is there any signings MM has made that have not been up to scratch?

I knew this team would be good at the start. MM for King!

Only Earnie

and from the sounds of it, his signing was already on the cards before Malky got here

Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:58 pm

sorry but gerrard was poor for me today ,looks like a player going through the motions ,for me i think he wants out, and it shows :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:02 pm

Ben Turner will get better and better as time goes on, this lad is class, Taylor was good at Boro so was pleased when we signed him. :ayatollah:

Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:05 pm

Can't agree to be honest about Taylor, I think there are far too many attacks and crosses coming in from his side, going forward I am happy with Taylor but defensively definitely not, at one point today Marshall went mental at Taylor at his inability to mark when Forest had a throw in and they got a chance at the far post which thankfully did not trouble the keeper but again another example of Taylors poor defensive display.

Turner I am very happy with and believe we got him quite cheap and his value will continue to rise with each solid performance he puts in.

Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:11 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:sorry but gerrard was poor for me today ,looks like a player going through the motions ,for me i think he wants out, and it shows :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Strange you should say that as I thought he did well today and according to my brother who listened on Radio Wales reckons Jason Perry was raving about him esecialy towards the end.Still,each to his own eh?

Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:19 pm

carlccfc wrote:Can't agree to be honest about Taylor, I think there are far too many attacks and crosses coming in from his side, going forward I am happy with Taylor but defensively definitely not, at one point today Marshall went mental at Taylor at his inability to mark when Forest had a throw in and they got a chance at the far post which thankfully did not trouble the keeper but again another example of Taylors poor defensive display.

Turner I am very happy with and believe we got him quite cheap and his value will continue to rise with each solid performance he puts in.

I think where Taylor is concerned its a trade off between attack and defence especially in a team with no real out and out pacy wingers, my view though I like him, can see where your coming from though.

Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:30 pm

ben turner was immense as expected,taylor very good,my opinion is that his defensive play is becoming better ,i really do think hes a quality player and will continue to improve under malky
gerrard had a few wobbly moments and the odd laspse in concentration,id favour hudson over him anyday but cant argue when we keep a clean sheet,he must have been doing something right.

also id like to mention don cowie who is the fittest player ive seen in years,his stamina and work rate is outstanding

Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:03 pm

Agree gerrard was poor today, Ben turner was immense and my motm in my opinion :ayatollah:

Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:04 pm

though gerrard was poor today, almost conceded a penalty, got caught out a couple of times, would av had a red had he connected with that two foot lunge and too many times he miss kicked the ball into touch...

i like gerrard and his commitment but thought he struggled today...

Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:10 pm

gerrard was crap today but aint he allways? i would pick blake infront front of gerrard every time

Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:14 pm

chunkyblue wrote:gerrard was crap today but aint he allways? i would pick blake infront front of gerrard every time

Ditto gimme Darcy anyday,i think Taylor is excellent a big improvement on Naylor :ayatollah:

Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:32 pm

Thought Turner was immense and I think Taylor played well covered superbly when Super Kev made his one and only mistake towards the end of the game. Thought Gerrard was average and i would put both Hudson and Blake in front of him but he's still a decent Championship CH and fair play helped keep a clean sheet today :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:53 pm

Taylor was wanted big time by Watford,and was one of the main players who MM wanted to bring to Cardiff .
Been impressed by both Taylor and Turner to date ( along with MM other signings ) :ayatollah: