Cowie - 7
McPhail - 7
Gunnarsson - 8
Whittingham - 7
Conway - 6

Miller - 7

Mason - 7
Ralls - 6

First half was pretty flat from both teams, forest started quick for 1st 5-10 mins of 2nd half but then city dominated and fully deserved win i think ben turner at the back is like a rock looking a real good player. Im not gonna say anything at this stage but we could be this years dark horses

Re: Player Ratings Cardiff City vs Nottingham Forest

Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:02 pm

just about fair, maybe too genroues because that was one of our worst games i thought

Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:10 pm

jezzy666 wrote:just about fair, maybe too genroues because that was one of our worst games i thought

yes i agree on first half but the 2nd half i thought we put on alot of pressure and deserved the goal in end

Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:33 pm

Thought it was a really poor first half the phrase used on here by someone of “shit on a stick” did pop into my mind when sat with the wind and rain in my face. First half it all looked a bit slow and not much in quality however we still created a few clear cut chances without really putting on much pressure. MM must have gave a good teamtalk (makes a change after our second halfs under DJ) because thought we looked a lot better in the second half, pressuring much higher up the field. A well deserved win IMO.

Marshall 7, good kicking and generally did it all well
Kev 6 – To many poor passes but as ever worked hard and defended reasonably well
Gerrard 6 – Strongish in the air but felt he could have won more, some great distribution followed by shockingly poor distribution. Position still poor but well covered by Turner
Turner 7 – looked the part, covered well, positioning good, strong in the air and on the floor, good distribution.
Taylor 7 – thought he had a very good game, very good defensively, crossing could have been better but a good LB.
Cowie 6 – bit disappointing until the last half hour when he seemed to wake up. Worked hard as ever.
McPhail 6 – Thought he was very good first half but didn’t seem to get on the ball in the second and rightly replaced.
Witts 6 – Didnt really do a lot but showed moments of quality which no others can.
Gunarsson 7 – Very poor first half I thought but seemed to really drag the team forward the second half.
Conway 6 – not his day, should have scored but worked hard.
Miller 6 – Lead the line reasonably well considering how often he was fouled. Lacked a bit of spark.

Mason 7 – Great goal and worked his socks off
Ralls 6 – Good sub by MM, added a bit of freshness and ran with the ball and can pick out a pass.

Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:23 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Thought it was a really poor first half the phrase used on here by someone of “shit on a stick” did pop into my mind when sat with the wind and rain in my face. First half it all looked a bit slow and not much in quality however we still created a few clear cut chances without really putting on much pressure. MM must have gave a good teamtalk (makes a change after our second halfs under DJ) because thought we looked a lot better in the second half, pressuring much higher up the field. A well deserved win IMO.

Marshall 7, good kicking and generally did it all well
Kev 6 – To many poor passes but as ever worked hard and defended reasonably well
Gerrard 6 – Strongish in the air but felt he could have won more, some great distribution followed by shockingly poor distribution. Position still poor but well covered by Turner
Turner 7 – looked the part, covered well, positioning good, strong in the air and on the floor, good distribution.
Taylor 7 – thought he had a very good game, very good defensively, crossing could have been better but a good LB.
Cowie 6 – bit disappointing until the last half hour when he seemed to wake up. Worked hard as ever.
McPhail 6 – Thought he was very good first half but didn’t seem to get on the ball in the second and rightly replaced.
Witts 6 – Didnt really do a lot but showed moments of quality which no others can.
Gunarsson 7 – Very poor first half I thought but seemed to really drag the team forward the second half.
Conway 6 – not his day, should have scored but worked hard.
Miller 6 – Lead the line reasonably well considering how often he was fouled. Lacked a bit of spark.

Mason 7 – Great goal and worked his socks off
Ralls 6 – Good sub by MM, added a bit of freshness and ran with the ball and can pick out a pass.

I agree with these ratings, how the hell did mcnaughton get mom? Turner was mine!! Anyone know where I could get stats regarding passes complete etc for Kev?

Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:37 pm

Turner was MOM for me, couple of fantastic blocks after gerrard dived in and missed numerous tackles, gerrard a 5

Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:28 pm

Marshall - 7

McNaughton - 9 (cant even put into words how good he is)
Turner - 8
Gerrard - 7 (his distribution was awesome today)
Taylor - 7

Cowie - 6
Gunnarsson - 7
McPhail - 7
Whittingham - 7
Conway - 6

Miller - 7

Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:32 pm

Chris1988 wrote:Marshall - 7

McNaughton - 8
Turner - 9
Gerrard - 6
Taylor - 7

Cowie - 7
McPhail - 7
Gunnarsson - 8
Whittingham - 7
Conway - 6

Miller - 7

Mason - 7
Ralls - 6

First half was pretty flat from both teams, forest started quick for 1st 5-10 mins of 2nd half but then city dominated and fully deserved win i think ben turner at the back is like a rock looking a real good player. Im not gonna say anything at this stage but we could be this years dark horses

spot on i think..

turner was awesome today... solid... my man of match also