Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

RE: those missing fans.....

Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:35 am

The club are wondering where those fans are from last season? I'm guessing they were unhappy at losing marquee players like Craig Bellamy Jay Bothroyd Micheal Chopra and Chris Burke as well as a few others and Staff members and the club not spending a lot of money to replace them. They may see sacking a manager who has got us in a higher position after every season and took us to wembely 3 times inc a F.A Cup final and replacing him with a young manager with limited experience. And bringing in so many free transfers shows the clubs owners ambition whilst other clubs in the league splash the cash........

For the record these aren't my views, I'm just saying this is how some people see it...
As for me I've never been more confident of my teams ability to progress to the league above since Lennys barmy army with Sam kav Earnie and Thorne and the Legg.... Bluebirds!!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: RE: those missing fans.....

Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:54 am

My view is that the ticket prices now to watch football is rediculous, £27 minimum just to watch football (not inclding transport/food/beer costs) at the CCS - There lies your answer. :o :o

Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:29 pm

MalagaCF wrote:My view is that the ticket prices now to watch football is rediculous, £27 minimum just to watch football (not inclding transport/food/beer costs) at the CCS - There lies your answer. :o :o

I think that is a massive factor to why crowds are slightly down this season espeically when coupled with the current economic climate.

Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:33 pm

aj1927 wrote:The club are wondering where those fans are from last season? I'm guessing they were unhappy at losing marquee players like Craig Bellamy Jay Bothroyd Micheal Chopra and Chris Burke as well as a few others and Staff members and the club not spending a lot of money to replace them. They may see sacking a manager who has got us in a higher position after every season and took us to wembely 3 times inc a F.A Cup final and replacing him with a young manager with limited experience. And bringing in so many free transfers shows the clubs owners ambition whilst other clubs in the league splash the cash........

For the record these aren't my views, I'm just saying this is how some people see it...
As for me I've never been more confident of my teams ability to progress to the league above since Lennys barmy army with Sam kav Earnie and Thorne and the Legg.... Bluebirds!!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

There has been a slight dip in crowds but when you take away the Bellamy factor from last season it isn't that bad. Personally I think it is the price of tickets which prohibitive to us getting better crowds via a walk up.

Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:56 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
aj1927 wrote:The club are wondering where those fans are from last season? I'm guessing they were unhappy at losing marquee players like Craig Bellamy Jay Bothroyd Micheal Chopra and Chris Burke as well as a few others and Staff members and the club not spending a lot of money to replace them. They may see sacking a manager who has got us in a higher position after every season and took us to wembely 3 times inc a F.A Cup final and replacing him with a young manager with limited experience. And bringing in so many free transfers shows the clubs owners ambition whilst other clubs in the league splash the cash........

There has been a slight dip in crowds but when you take away the Bellamy factor from last season it isn't that bad. Personally I think it is the price of tickets which prohibitive to us getting better crowds via a walk up.

Totally agree, but I also think our crowds are good compared to other so called big clubs. :ayatollah:

Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:57 pm

BUT WHY are fans leaving with over 10 minutes to go ????? :twisted: :twisted:

Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:02 pm

NIBluebird wrote:BUT WHY are fans leaving with over 10 minutes to go ????? :twisted: :twisted:

this drives me mad.. especially at 1 nil etc....

even tonight after leaving the ground at pretty much 5 i was still in the house at 545... and that was travelling back to blackwood... i dont get y people need to leave 5 mins or so before the end to avoid the rush, it makes no difference...

we should support the team from the 1st to the last min of every game... :ayatollah: