Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

OWL'S AT NINIAN 1984!!!

Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:30 am

I can remember someone posting on here that they had photo's of the Owls fans at ninian park May 1984 when we brought down 10,000 supporters and clinched promotion to the 1st division! Can anyone recall who the poster was,i would like to make a copy of them for my collection! Be grateful if anyone can help! Thanks! :old: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: OWL'S AT NINIAN 1984!!!

Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:33 am

sam salim wrote:I can remember someone posting on here that they had photo's of the Owls fans at ninian park May 1984 when we brought down 10,000 supporters and clinched promotion to the 1st division! Can anyone recall who the poster was,i would like to make a copy of them for my collection! Be grateful if anyone can help! Thanks! :old: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sam, I was there on the pitch next to thousands of your fans fuming , they had taken it over. :lol: :ayatollah:

Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:39 am

Forever Blue wrote:
sam salim wrote:I can remember someone posting on here that they had photo's of the Owls fans at ninian park May 1984 when we brought down 10,000 supporters and clinched promotion to the 1st division! Can anyone recall who the poster was,i would like to make a copy of them for my collection! Be grateful if anyone can help! Thanks! :old: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sam, I was there on the pitch next to thousands of your fans fuming , they had taken it over. :lol: :ayatollah:

I was on the pitch Annis and i can remember the City fan's going on one on the Bob Bank but there was to many of us,we just swamped the place! :old: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:33 am

I remember it well, I recall my grad dad being convinced we were invaded by aliens overnight. They were even camping in Victoria Park and my neighbour was taking pot shots at them from his bedroom window with his BSA rifle :lol:

Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:41 am

RichardBluebird wrote:I remember it well, I recall my grad dad being convinced we were invaded by aliens overnight. They were even camping in Victoria Park and my neighbour was taking pot shots at them from his bedroom window with his BSA rifle :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:50 am

I was there, biggest away support Id ever seen at Ninian Park. :ayatollah:

Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:56 am

This is 8,000 Owls fans at a second division game in 1981,We used to take thousands away in the 70's and 80's the Good Old Day's!!! :old: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:21 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

I was in the Canton Stand. Little mob of us. Mob of Wednesday further
along. Nearly all went off but the po-lice intervened. Like Annis I was
livid they were allowed on our pitch.

Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:37 pm

Remember Rawlings in the Canton family stand on the fence before beingpushed into the Bobbank :)

Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:40 pm

taffyapple wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

we had a little ding dong in canton stand - i remember sam running away he had hair then and flairs and still no wallet :lol: sheffield wednesday gone backwards to come forward if they get promoted they will get 30k next season

but for now cardiff are far bigger club just look where we have finished last five years and how many players we have given wednesday !

Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:58 pm

We all know who got the result on and off the pitch! :old: Sometimes you have to be man enough to accept having a second!!!! ;)

Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:00 pm

taffyapple wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Taffyapple we wern't allowed on the pitch we just went on it,and nobody stopped us!!! ;)

Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:03 pm

i remember them ripping the fence down on the bob bank end. :roll:

Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:05 pm

ninianblue wrote:i remember them ripping the fence down on the bob bank end. :roll:

And so do i. ;)