Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Are VT and TG Committed to Cardiff Ciy???

Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:28 am

jinks-rct wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
jinks-rct wrote:if we had gone into admin that rogue hammam would have been back again with his circus :twisted:

Sam wouldn't have got a penny, he isn't even a secured creditor.

no but the slimey git would no doubt try and buy the club of the administrators

Uh his debt might be unsecured but it is still a debt against the club. Sam could quite easily offer to take the club on as an ongoing concern and the administrators would jump at that offer.

Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:35 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
jinks-rct wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
jinks-rct wrote:if we had gone into admin that rogue hammam would have been back again with his circus :twisted:

Uh his debt might be unsecured but it is still a debt against the club. Sam could quite easily offer to take the club on as an ongoing concern and the administrators would jump at that offer.

Wouldn't he have to get other debtors to agree to that ? With others getting paid before him?

As for the squad being worth more now, that was obviously going to happen but I would say miller is dead money now. Turner certainly not worth anymore than we paid yet.
Cowie and Conway good assets but a former manager was always going to bring free targets with him.

Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:41 am

2blue2handle wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
jinks-rct wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

Wouldn't he have to get other debtors to agree to that ? With others getting paid before him?

As for the squad being worth more now, that was obviously going to happen but I would say miller is dead money now. Turner certainly not worth anymore than we paid yet.
Cowie and Conway good assets but a former manager was always going to bring free targets with him.

And exactly what other debts are there?

Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:42 am

Natman Blue wrote:People are trying to cast serious doubts over the commitment VT and TG to Cardiff City and whether they are here to stay. This was my response and I've been asked to post it separately for it to become a sticky;

What... the Malaysian investors who aren't spending money but completely rebuilt the squad during the summer.

The Malaysian investors who are here for the short term but built a long term youth development programme in Malaysia under he name of Cardiff City.

The Malaysian owners who are wise, experienced business men who have tried to make the club develop in a sustainable fashion (a la Fulham) rather than throw money at us.

The Malaysian owners who haven't sold us on to other investors when our financial state is better than some other clubs in the division and the one below but wants to turn us into a sustainable top 4 Premier league side.

The Malaysian owners who don't care about the club but have sorted out all long term and historical debt apart from Langstone.

The Malaysian owners who don't own all of the club but are expected to put in all of the money for transfer fees and debts

The Malaysian owners who don't care about the football but have just purchased the glow lamps to keep the pitch top notch during the winter months.

The Malaysian owners who 'aren't football me' but have supported Malky in revamping the back room staff as well as the on field staff.

The Malaysian owners who have supported Malky in developing an extensive scouting Network

The Malaysian owners who are still subsidising DJ's wages when the easiest option would have been to keep him on rather than appoint a bright new up and coming manager.

These guys really don't care, haven't invested and have no long term vision or plans for club :roll:

Well said, mate!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:49 am

Secured debts to V Tan, TG, PMG, Steve Borley, Michael Isaac (I think) and I'm guessing we still owe ray ranson.

Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:36 am

Midfield general wrote:
Natman Blue wrote:People are trying to cast serious doubts over the commitment VT and TG to Cardiff City and whether they are here to stay. This was my response and I've been asked to post it separately for it to become a sticky;

What... the Malaysian investors who aren't spending money but completely rebuilt the squad during the summer. more money was saved then spent as players on higher wages left the club

The Malaysian investors who are here for the short term but built a long term youth development programme in Malaysia under he name of Cardiff City. only to help attract other investors from the Far East to buy the club at a later date

The Malaysian owners who are wise, experienced business men who have tried to make the club develop in a sustainable fashion (a la Fulham) rather than throw money at us. The same can be said for the former QPR owners

The Malaysian owners who haven't sold us on to other investors when our financial state is better than some other clubs in the division and the one below but wants to turn us into a sustainable top 4 Premier league side. all talk and no action

The Malaysian owners who don't care about the club but have sorted out all long term and historical debt apart from Langstone. not a single penny has been paid to langstone

The Malaysian owners who don't own all of the club but are expected to put in all of the money for transfer fees and debts they knew the situation before buying into the business and knew the situation before buying more shares of the business

The Malaysian owners who don't care about the football but have just purchased the glow lamps to keep the pitch top notch during the winter months. sorry but surely the rugby club would have also put money to the purchase and we are talking very small figures in this issue

The Malaysian owners who 'aren't football me' but have supported Malky in revamping the back room staff as well as the on field staff. probably on less than what the former back room staff were on so saving more

The Malaysian owners who have supported Malky in developing an extensive scouting Network same answer to the former response

The Malaysian owners who are still subsidising DJ's wages when the easiest option would have been to keep him on rather than appoint a bright new up and coming manager. if they kept Jones for longer attendances would have dropped even more

These guys really don't care, haven't invested and have no long term vision or plans for club :roll:no investment whatsoever just spending monies which have been saved

Midfield Gimp it's posts like this and the others that you have contributed to tonight that have led me to despise the ground you walk on. Most of the points natman makes in this thread are based on fact whereas most, if not all the points you make are delivered by that chopsy cockney arsehole with number 4 nolan on the back of his shirt, who in turn got his info from his mate beyonce!
Like CraigCCFC said you only really appear when you have opportunity to have a pop at the club and any cardiff city fan should be pissed off by this.
As i've said before, i backed the protests against the riddler and i attended the march but there is absolutely no way that i'm gonna turn on the malaysians unless they give me real reason to. how can you say that we wouldn't have gone into liquidation? people think we're barcelona or something sometimes. Like polo said in another thread, most of us haven't even seen cardiff in the top flight yet all of a sudden we seem to think we have a divine right to be there :?

Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:10 am

Welshpaul wrote:Brill post. The people who say they ain't backing Malky should realise the damage they may be doing.

Good post by Natman, but Paul, I am allowed my opinion and my opinion is they are not backing Malky, how is that damaging our club saying how I feel ? I stood my ground regarding Dave Jones and the Riddler, I got slagged down then, but later proved right, but no one then says anything.

Lets hope I was wrong and this squad without strengthening, stays in the top 6 come January :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:24 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Welshpaul wrote:Brill post. The people who say they ain't backing Malky should realise the damage they may be doing.

Good post by Natman, but Paul, I am allowed my opinion and my opinion is they are not backing Malky, how is that damaging our club saying how I feel ? I stood my ground regarding Dave Jones and the Riddler, I got slagged down then, but later proved right, but no one then says anything.

Lets hope I was wrong and this squad without strengthening, stays in the top 6 come January :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

But whats to say we will get funds then - think it was obvious no-one was coming in this transfer window ...........

Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:27 am

NIBluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

But whats to say we will get funds then - think it was obvious no-one was coming in this transfer window ...........

Mike, I have never said we will get funds in Jan, there are some funds available, but not enough in my opinion.

Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:46 am

Id like to know exactly what VT & TG said to Craig Bellamy back in May too ? :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:54 am

Martyn1963 wrote:Id like to know exactly what VT & TG said to Craig Bellamy back in May too ? :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Martyn.
I believe they promised him, he would be here this season. But football changes by the hour, its a funny old game.

Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:37 am

The 2010 takeover agreement has a commitment by VT/TG to take full control of CCFC in 2013. So techically they won't be the owners until then, but they have given an initial indication that they will be hear until 2013 and presumably beyond.

Further it is easy to claim that they won't be here for the 'long term' as 'long term' is not a definate period of time. If say the Malaysians get us into the Premiership, settle all the debts and sell us at a thumping profit by 2018, MG could still claim he was right and the Malaysians were never in it for the long term and sold for their own profit, even though we would have greatly benefitted from their involvement.

TBH you don't need to be a genius to predict that Football Club Owners are not in it for the long term, because frankly they never are.

Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:51 am

Martyn1963 wrote:Id like to know exactly what VT & TG said to Craig Bellamy back in May too ? :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

In fairness to craig martyn he sat down with tg and pointed out all the reasons that the club failed to get promotion last season including a damning indictment of the management structure and match preperation etc.
Craig always wanted to come back and was certainly happy to work with malky but in the autumn of his career the lure of liverpool was always going to be to much.
I honestly believe if we had gone up graig would have come to us not withstanding we had to sort something out with man city

Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:05 pm

Why do you keep calling people plastic all the time?im a st holder,but i wouldnt call people plastic just because they live too far away or maybe finances are a bit too tight to go to games.If they support cardiff city in any capacity they're fan no less than you or myself.Get a life

Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:09 pm

boxerbob wrote:Why do you keep calling people plastic all the time?im a st holder,but i wouldnt call people plastic just because they live too far away or maybe finances are a bit too tight to go to games.If they support cardiff city in any capacity they're fan no less than you or myself.Get a life

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:17 pm

Midfield general wrote:
boxerbob wrote:Why do you keep calling people plastic all the time?im a st holder,but i wouldnt call people plastic just because they live too far away or maybe finances are a bit too tight to go to games.If they support cardiff city in any capacity they're fan no less than you or myself.Get a life

Ah right I got you, so I can be threatened, verbally abused and so on yet when I return a comment like plastic then I need to get a life..? Typical of this board.

report it then :roll:

Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:23 pm

I think after last season especially with Swansea going up on a very limited budget and Cardiff not after splashing out millions then maybe they are having a re-think on how to do things ?

Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:32 pm

Midfield general wrote:

Ah right I got you, so I can be threatened, verbally abused and so on yet when I return a comment like plastic then I need to get a life..? Typical of this board.

its funny how you call everybody plastic MG, but aren't you really a Merthyr fan, in school, didnt you used to take the piss out of city fans?? i do recall some conversations regarding this on this very board!

Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:44 pm

i assume by banner, you mean banter. If you read my post it was riddled with question marks, meaning i was asking a question. Why, if i did take this "banner" seriously, would that call for me to take a long hard look at myself?

Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:09 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:i assume by banner, you mean banter. If you read my post it was riddled with question marks, meaning i was asking a question. Why, if i did take this "banner" seriously, would that call for me to take a long hard look at myself?

quoting ourselves??? is this some sort of strange Merthyr game ;)

Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:22 pm

Midfield general wrote:
CraigCCFC wrote:
CraigCCFC wrote:i assume by banner, you mean banter. If you read my post it was riddled with question marks, meaning i was asking a question. Why, if i did take this "banner" seriously, would that call for me to take a long hard look at myself?

quoting ourselves??? is this some sort of strange Merthyr game ;)

the banter was between Polo and myself

i know who the banter was between, i was on the same thread in some capacity. You still have not answered my question though.

Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:45 pm

What... the Malaysian investors who aren't spending money but completely rebuilt the squad during the summer.

The Malaysian investors who are here for the short term but built a long term youth development programme in Malaysia under he name of Cardiff City.

The Malaysian owners who are wise, experienced business men who have tried to make the club develop in a sustainable fashion (a la Fulham) rather than throw money at us.

The Malaysian owners who haven't sold us on to other investors when our financial state is better than some other clubs in the division and the one below but wants to turn us into a sustainable top 4 Premier league side.

The Malaysian owners who don't care about the club but have sorted out all long term and historical debt apart from Langstone.

The Malaysian owners who don't own all of the club but are expected to put in all of the money for transfer fees and debts

The Malaysian owners who don't care about the football but have just purchased the glow lamps to keep the pitch top notch during the winter months.

The Malaysian owners who 'aren't football me' but have supported Malky in revamping the back room staff as well as the on field staff.

The Malaysian owners who have supported Malky in developing an extensive scouting Network

The Malaysian owners who are still subsidising DJ's wages when the easiest option would have been to keep him on rather than appoint a bright new up and coming manager.

These guys really don't care, haven't invested and have no long term vision or plans for club :roll:

Awesome post but that one line is quite funny. We will not be a top 4 side without huge investment and even then it probably won't happen.

Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:46 pm

Like some one mentioned, we lost in PO Final to Blackpool, people thought they'd do a runner, We then lost another opportunity against Reading. Still they remained, Have interesting meeting with Bellamy, sack Jones, bring in a potentially top manager, who rebuilds team and instils immense team spirit and re-united the fans with the club in a way Jones hasn't managed in the 6yrs he was here. Haven't they invested almost £23m since their arrival? (that was a figure I heard banded about and not a factual figure!)

Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:47 pm

Merlin wrote:Like some one mentioned, we lost in PO Final to Blackpool, people thought they'd do a runner, We then lost another opportunity against Reading. Still they remained, Have interesting meeting with Bellamy, sack Jones, bring in a potentially top manager, who rebuilds team and instils immense team spirit and re-united the fans with the club in a way Jones hasn't managed in the 6yrs he was here. Haven't they invested almost £23m since their arrival? (that was a figure I heard banded about and not a factual figure!)

Biggest highlight is not having a winding up order ever month :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:19 pm

Midfield general wrote:

What... the Malaysian investors who aren't spending money but completely rebuilt the squad during the summer. more money was saved then spent as players on higher wages left the club

The Malaysian investors who are here for the short term but built a long term youth development programme in Malaysia under he name of Cardiff City. only to help attract other investors from the Far East to buy the club at a later date

The Malaysian owners who are wise, experienced business men who have tried to make the club develop in a sustainable fashion (a la Fulham) rather than throw money at us. The same can be said for the former QPR owners

The Malaysian owners who haven't sold us on to other investors when our financial state is better than some other clubs in the division and the one below but wants to turn us into a sustainable top 4 Premier league side. all talk and no action

The Malaysian owners who don't care about the club but have sorted out all long term and historical debt apart from Langstone. not a single penny has been paid to langstone

The Malaysian owners who don't own all of the club but are expected to put in all of the money for transfer fees and debts they knew the situation before buying into the business and knew the situation before buying more shares of the business

The Malaysian owners who don't care about the football but have just purchased the glow lamps to keep the pitch top notch during the winter months. sorry but surely the rugby club would have also put money to the purchase and we are talking very small figures in this issue

The Malaysian owners who 'aren't football me' but have supported Malky in revamping the back room staff as well as the on field staff. probably on less than what the former back room staff were on so saving more

The Malaysian owners who have supported Malky in developing an extensive scouting Network same answer to the former response

The Malaysian owners who are still subsidising DJ's wages when the easiest option would have been to keep him on rather than appoint a bright new up and coming manager. if they kept Jones for longer attendances would have dropped even more

These guys really don't care, haven't invested and have no long term vision or plans for club :roll:no investment whatsoever just spending monies which have been saved

I can't believe there's still some people who don't think you're Stevie D or at least some sort of mouthpiece/relation.

Incidentally, the bits in red very often talk about saving money. Isn't that a travesty?
Not something your sort would be used to after years of Lebanese extravagance but if it means we don't end up in millions worth of debt to a shady offshore panamanian registered faceless company I'll be happy enough with that.

Another bit pays reference to QPR. That wouldnt be the same QPR that marched to promotion and are now sat relatively comfortably nestled in mid table in the Premier League, would it?

I expect no response or an empty, negative, snipe in return. Humour me though.

Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:22 pm

Merlin wrote:Like some one mentioned, we lost in PO Final to Blackpool, people thought they'd do a runner, We then lost another opportunity against Reading. Still they remained, Have interesting meeting with Bellamy, sack Jones, bring in a potentially top manager, who rebuilds team and instils immense team spirit and re-united the fans with the club in a way Jones hasn't managed in the 6yrs he was here. Haven't they invested almost £23m since their arrival? (that was a figure I heard banded about and not a factual figure!)

The silliest post i've ever read on here. Its the tooth fairy thats funding Cardiff City
right now, and Malky is paying for stuff out of his own savings.

Daya General KNOWS the truth, he KNOWS whats really happening at Cardiff City, he
isnt guessing. He will give us evidence that those Malaysians fellers aint backing the
manager any minute now........

Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:59 pm

Taffy apple-woman jumping to the wrong conclusion without finding out the facts yet accuses MG of the same last nite wen point scoring over a very sensitive matter :roll:

MG is not Daya but what does the truth matter when theres a good witchhunt to be had. :roll:

Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:09 pm

polo wrote:Taffy apple-woman jumping to the wrong conclusion without finding out the facts yet accuses MG of the same last nite wen point scoring over a very sensitive matter :roll:

MG is not Daya but what does the truth matter when theres a good witchhunt to be had. :roll:

Over the years I have grown extremely tried with the 'are you Daya remarks' which have appeared on many CCFC message boards and are usually leveled at anyone who has a different opinion.

From what I know Midfield General is Adam Brown the polotician guy from Merthyr, whilst Daya sells pine furniture supports West Ham and is a cockney.

I don't agree with a lot of things Adam Brown says, but he has a perfect right to say them without being accused of being a cockney wanker.

Just play another tune boys, because this one is getting boring.

Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:12 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
polo wrote:Taffy apple-woman jumping to the wrong conclusion without finding out the facts yet accuses MG of the same last nite wen point scoring over a very sensitive matter :roll:

Over the years I have grown extremely tried with the 'are you Daya remarks' which have appeared on many CCFC message boards and are usually leveled at anyone who has a different opinion.

From what I know Midfield General is Adam Brown the polotician guy from Merthyr, whilst Daya sells pine furniture supports West Ham and is a cockney.

I don't agree with a lot of things Adam Brown says, but he has a perfect right to say them without being accused of being a cockney wanker.

Just play another tune boys, because this one is getting boring.

we dont often agree tony but all of that is spot on.

Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:28 pm

Point scoring??

the dickhead smashed Cardiff City without even considering the rumours might be
untrue. tit.